(I was born on Thanksgiving day) Nov. 23
- The Snow White Grotto opens in Fantasyland at Disneyland.
- Disneyland welcomes its 25-millionth guest, Dr. Glenn C. Franklin.
- The ABC TV network airs the Walt Disney Presents TV show, featuring Disneyland '61 and Olympic Elk.
- The first Disneyland Grad Nite Party is held. about 8500 students attend, the largest high school grad party ever in the US.
- The Disneyland Monorail is extended to the Disneyland Hotel, crossing over West Street. This extends the line from 0.8 to 2.5 miles. A third train is added. All engines are replaced by Mark II versions.
- Dick Nunis becomes director of Operations for Disneyland
- Marc Davis retires from animation work, and switches to designing Disneyland park attractions.
- Disneyland welcomes its 24 millionth guest.
- The Holidayland picnic area at Disneyland closes.
- Tinker Bell makes her debut at Disneyland. The part is performed by Tiny Kline, a 71-year old circus aerialist from Europe.
- The Submarine Voyage attraction at Disneyland is updated with new animation.
- The Flying Saucers ride opens in Tomorrowland at Disneyland
- Don Defore's Silver Banjo food facility at Disneyland closes.
- Louis Armstrong performs at Disneyland for the first time, for the second Dixieland at Disneyland show.
- The Babes in Toyland exhibit opens at the Opera House on Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland. It shows sets from the movie of the same name.
- A 24-foot Christmas star is added to the top of the Matterhorn Mountain in Disneyland.