Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

Talking A Colorized Trip Report: Mickey's Trick or Treat Party...with quotes!

Yay, my first trip report! I went to MTOTP on Wednesday, October 28th. It was so fun!

Before we get started, I want to share the best costumes I saw! I got limited pictures, because my camera hates me, but whatever!

Best Group Costume goes to...the family of three dressed as Mary Poppins, Bert, and what I like to call, their "chimney baby"! The baby was dressed up like a chimney sweep and had the soot on it's little cheeks. Too cute!

Best individual costumes are...first of all, Oogie Boogie! There was a person dressed in a full-on Oogie Boogie costumes. Could've fooled me as a walk-around character.
    Next, I saw some people dressed as Magic Carpet Understudies 1, 2, and 3. They were basically carpets with a sign on the back that explained what they were. Pretty cool.
    And last, but not least, there was the old Haunted Mansion bride, complete with a beating heart (red light blinking)! I thought that was the best until I saw another girl dressed like that.

Most popular group costume: PIRATES. Seriously, they were everywhere.
    Most popular female costume: Alice! She was everywhere, young and old.

And now it's time for the actual trip report!
    Okay, so we arrived at approx. 5:30. We were able to park on the Minnie level of the parking structure, and when we arrived, we saw like nobody dressed up (keep in mind, we're all dressed up, including my mother and aunt. And I was 6 feet tall with my heels, and I was wearing a huge poofy dress). But once we got out we saw more people. It was absolutely FREEZING on the Minnie level, and we were so upset because the sun hadn't even gone down yet! But once we got to the trams (after waiting forever for an elevator) it was fine.

We walked over to the CA lines, and were there for about two minutes before they opened the gates. Here we saw two amazing girls dressed as Cinderella in her rags and Belle in her blue dress. And also, in the line in front of us, we saw another Queen of Hearts, and an Alice, Rabbit, and King of Hearts.

Anyway, we got inside and walked straight over to the rope by Paradise Pier. We wanted to go there first and work our way up (and get on Toy Story). So the rope drops and we walked to Paradise Pier, first to make it, and we see Peter Pan! Here's how our conversation went:
    Me: Hey Peter!
    Peter: Hi.
    Me: We have a Tinkerbell. (showing him my cousin as Tinkerbell)
    Peter: Do you want to stand by me? (to her)
    "Tink" shakes her head.
    Peter: That's okay, my Tinkerbell's the same way. She does what she wants, too.
    "Tink" was frightened of them, especially Captain Hook.

So now we're walking further into Paradise Pier, and then we see Cinderella and Aurora. The line isn't long, so we get in because we NEED a picture with Cinderella since my mom, cousin, and aunt are dressed as the Tremaines. So we get up in line and "Tink" wants a picture first, so I go with her. I wanted to say "Hey girl, what's up?" to Cindy, but I figured that would be weird. So we get out and have my mom, aunt and cousin take a picture, they talk a little and then Cinderella grabs her dress and says, "You're not going to take my dress, are you?" They say no, we move onto Aurora, and then leave.

But then we see Woody, and we take a picture with him. And then we went on Toy Story Midway Mania.

Part Two to come! And I will have pictures...eventually!
    Last edited by Colorized; 10-29-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Forgot a word.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Re: A Colorized Trip Report: "You're not going to take my dress, are you?" MTOTP

I forgot to mention, the crowds were very light. This was taken at 10:10-ish, so it was winding down a little.

Part Two!
    After Midway Mania, we started working our way around the Pier getting candy, and went to a Bug's Land to check out the villians. We were upset to see that Cruella and the Bowler Hat Guy were there, since we were only interested in the Tremaines and the Queen of Hearts. Anyway, we went on a couple rides and then left for the Hollywood Pictures Backlot for Monster's Inc.
    But then we saw the wait was 25 minutes long, so we hung out at the Hollywood Batlot Party-thing while my mother got a cupcake.
    After that, we temporarily lost my mother, went in the Animation Building for some candy, and then met up with three other members of our group (they weren't dressed up, though.) Our group split then, as I went with the new members to ToT as my original group went to get a bread bowl.

AND NOW IT GETS INTERESTING! (because I'm aware it's boring)
    We go to ToT, and literally walk on. While getting ready to load, I felt really lightheaded, and thought that it would be devastating if I passed out on ToT (I guess I was being kind of pessimistic). So I asked the CM if I could exit, so I did, and wait in the gift shop. I see that there are two female CMs and I can tell they're talking about my costume, but I walk around a bit more. One of them leaves, and as I'm looking at some stuff, the other CM says that I have the perfect body to wear the Queen of Hearts costume. NO JOKE. And then she went on to say that they see people who are ahem, significantly larger who shouldn't be wearing it. I thought that was so un-Disney like, but whatever. It was a compliment.

Okay, last, but certainly not least, part three will have the Tremaines - lots of them. Here's a sneak peak:

Sorry it's blurry.
    Now, please comment.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• Wilderness Explorer

Re: A Colorized Trip Report: "You're not going to take my dress, are you?" MTOTP

So far Awesome Trip Report . You should post some pictures, I'd love to see how your costumes look.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    So far Awesome Trip Report . You should post some pictures, I'd love to see how your costumes look.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I know. All the good pictures are from the PhotoPass, and on my aunt's camera though. I'm very limited since my camera hates me. >.<
    I shall, though, especially since I spoke so highly of them.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• aliceindisneyland

wow, their cousmtes are amazing!!!
    i can't tell which is the real drizella or anastasia!

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    wow, their cousmtes are amazing!!!
    i can't tell which is the real drizella or anastasia!
    If you heard their voice you would.
    My mom was going to take a picture with the extravagent "Lady" Tremaine, but she felt that it was weird that a man had a better costume than her.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

MUST HAVE TREMAINS.

They are so hot.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post

Stroller drag racing?

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I wish Disneyland would have the Tremaines out all the time like they do at Walt Disney World. They are just the best.

Did you get a picture of the HM Bride?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    I wish Disneyland would have the Tremaines out all the time like they do at Walt Disney World. They are just the best.

Did you get a picture of the HM Bride?
    Me too! After meeting them last night for the first time, I'm especially convinced.

I didn't, unfortunately. When I saw her, that was when my mother was getting a cupcake and she had my camera in her purse. So I couldn't. :[

ALSO: A magical, once-in-a-lifetime moment will be included in the next segment!
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I now present to you, our costumes!
    (faces are pixelated to protect identities, obviously. there are no pictures of Tink because she didn't have her wings on at the moment. Also, the Tremaines are wearing fashionable wraps in case it got cold. And Lady Tremaine is wearing a dress more similar to the Christmas parade one.)

Apologies for awkward shot. I needed to show off my tights. Also, my costume looks weird, because the way it's sitting. I didn't want to use my picture from later at the actual trip report because that would be a spoiler. And that heart scepter I have? It holds my cell phone. That's why I didn't have my camera.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• aliceindisneyland

wow, great costumes!!

i love the heart scepter idea

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    wow, great costumes!!

i love the heart scepter idea
    Thank you. That was one of my favorite parts. She had a scepter thing in the movie anyway, so might as well make it useful. :P
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• disneyland paris hopeful

Oh wow!

Those costumes are amazing!! I wish I could make costumes like that

Quote Originally Posted by BritishxBookworm View Post
    Oh wow!

Those costumes are amazing!! I wish I could make costumes like that
    Thanks! My grandmother made them, except Anastasia's and Lady Tremaine's outfits; she has lots of dressed in her garage, and we just added stuff to them (brooch for Lady Tremaine, skirt flounce for Anastasia).

I suppose I could start working on the next segment now...
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast