Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Security Question (Might be inappropriate for some!)

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Are you serious? Which hotels? I think we'd all like to avoid them.

At least three of them were listed in the OC Register and the LA Times in the past. As I recall, one of them was close enough that guests of the Park can (and do) stay there.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I'm not trying to be harsh, and I know this sort of thing should never happen anywhere, but we need to be realistic, too.

That's a good reminder to folks.

Yes, the reality is that FantasyLand is just a special land inside the Park...

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

was that guy really just that stupid??
    cause only a really stupid perverted guy would do something like that.

and now i'm slightly scared to go to Disneyland.
    cause i figured my parents would get tired and just let me and my brother go do what we want
    but now i'm not sure if i wanna do that.
    which kinda sucks cause my mom wants me to grow up

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    The problem with the halfway homes is that the state considers these people to be "rehabilitated" and thus they are considered innocent until they screw up again.

And it is a proven fact that most of them will...

• Disney Pure-ist

Bottom line, you did the right thing by reporting it to castmembers/officials....BUT the biggest advice I can give is to, be an outstanding parent for the day and keep an eye on your children at all times! Along with that, be alert, Alert, ALERT! of your surroundings. Far too many times I see parents just let go of the reigns, in the sense that once the family passes under the berm and into the Park, anything goes. Kid's are allowed to go every which way and run amuck, and all parental skills seem to have been left out at the gates. Contrary to what some parents may think...Disneyland is not a mass daycare.

• The Monkey's Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

If someone knows how to access that site, I think we were shocked a couple years ago to find that there are SEVERAL pedophiles that are within walking distance of the DLR.
    http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov
    Anaheim zip code 92802

California Department of Justice's Internet web site, which lists designated registered sex offenders in California.

Click through disclaimer pages along bottom.
    Enter Zip, city or address to search.
    Blue dots represent a registered offender.
    Click on dot to see detail.
    Last edited by Skunkwerx; 10-29-2009 at 10:23 PM.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Wow. This is quite a disturbing story. I can't believe the audacity of some people... You definitely did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Are you serious? Which hotels? I think we'd all like to avoid them.

As for that guy, security should take him out back and give him the "bizness." That kind of extreme anti-social behavior should get one locked up forever.
    Where you from??

On topic: I wouldn't have called security, I'd run his face along the rails til death do us part....Wait...I'd get security based off the fact kids shouldn't see 'that', and see someone killed...I'm serious too, people like that should be wiped. Hopefully he's in GP getting his *** kicked back and forth across the yard before getting acquainted with his new cellmate Bigg Bubba...The sick son of a b!+ch. Ahh, this pisses me off....Sorry your family had to experience this....

• Minion

WOW... Forget security if I were a man I think I might of called him out on it if I were a father with my children there! WHAT A FREAK!

I can't imagine some man doing this at Disneyland. This totally sickens my stomach. I swear as if I think the world could get any better and people like him always bring my doubts back.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    Where you from??
    Brooklyn

• Disney Fan

My husband is hot tempered and that would have pushed a button of his and mine. He probably would have said something first. And that is putting it in my husbands bestest nicests Disneyland behavior.
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

• Shag lover

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'm not sticking up for this guy
    but are you sure he didn't have a physical or mental disability? Sometimes what you think someone is doing, there MAY be physical (or mental) handicap and there motions/gestures/verbal maybe misinterpreted. I only bring this up b/c it seems odd that the person would continue even with security there.
    I'm betting that this is the case, really. Such behavior, continuing in the presence of uniformed security, strongly indicates lack of impulse control, which would be a dead giveaway for this.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• Halloween 2011

The idea that Disneyland or any public place is safe is self-delusional. There are pickpockets and thieves in the park, the possibility exists for children to be abducted (although no documented cases have occurred), teenagers seek places to smoke dope or have sex. You did the right thing by alerting the cast member to deal with the situation.

But how could you possibly ban "people like this" from Disneyland who hadn't done anything? There's no way to determine intent prior to an action. Sure, you could say "Let's ban all registered sex offenders" but even then it's a crapshoot. I learned of one teenager who mooned people at a concert, was caught, and has to register as a sex offender the rest of his life. Hardly fit punishment for a one-time prank, but worthy of his being banned from Disneyland? I don't think so.

So where is the line drawn? Don't allow sex offenders but do allow perpetrators of violent crime, known thieves and pickpockets? Should Disney or any other public venue be required to cross-check a list of offenders? Suppose, as has happened with the government's terrorist list, that you share the same name with someone on the list? Should you be banned as well, or have to provide documentary evidence that you're not a murderer? Trying to police against intent is a slippery slope. Much better to police against actual illicit actions taken by guests.

Maybe I phrased my question wrong when I said "safe", obviously no place is ever safe. (Yes I know that!) I was just wondering If someone who maybe works with the security department would know what would happen? My sister told me they'd probably just let him continue walking around the parks which I find disturbing....

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

On a recent visit a friend of mine got into an argument with another guest about a spot for viewing the parade. Security came to defuse it, and they told my friend that they saw the whole thing and he was in the right - when asked how they saw it, they told us that pretty much every inch of the park is covered by hidden video cameras.

While I agree that it's ridiculous to try to ban "people like this" from the park, it is likely that any crimes committed are videotaped and documented - in the case of a sex offender, this evidence could be enough to revoke a parole or at the very least result in an order to stay away from the park, I'd think.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast