Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Disneyland Security Question (Might be inappropriate for some!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkwerx View Post
    California Megan's Law - California Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
    Anaheim zip code 92802

California Department of Justice's Internet web site, which lists designated registered sex offenders in California.

Click through disclaimer pages along bottom.
    Enter Zip, city or address to search.
    Blue dots represent a registered offender.
    Click on dot to see detail.
    It's sad but within a 2 mile radius of Disneyland it showed 21 registered sex-offenders. Sorry for the experience you had, that is so sick. A number of years ago I had my car vandalized and when the sheriff showed up to do a report he actually thanked me for reporting it and encouraged that people report crimes. The reason why is so that the authorities are aware of what is going on in the area they patrol. The more crimes they have reported in a certain area meant, they would patrol that particular area more often. If these types of things are reported to Anaheim Police I'm sure they would work pretty closely with Disney to make sure these types of things are kept to a minimum. Or even the security at Disney at the very least to be made aware so that they can keep a sharper eye on the goings on within the parks. We all come to DLR to have fun, relax and enjoy, not to have horrible experiences such as what happened to that family.

^^ Or Disney could use the Biometric Ticket System they have installed at WDW.

If some one is black listed from the park they wont even be able to make it into the parks.

I also agree that this is completely disgusting and when caught doing this they should be banned!

I'm curious, though, what happens to people who are caught having s*x somewhere in the park? Are they kicked out or banned? Seems to me whatever punishment they get should be the minimumfor this creep.

^They are Kicked out, banned, and then handed over to Anaheim Police.

• Future Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    ^They are Kicked out, banned, and then handed over to Anaheim Police.
    Well thank god for that
    Hopefully a similar punishment is given to people like the one OP was talking about.
    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

• Nerd

Angry Re: Disneyland Security Question (Might be inappropriate for some!)

[QUOTE=SnorkletsMom;1055636728]"I want people like him banned from our park"
    How would you suggest they ban him? Forcibly tattoo his forehead "Disneyland admittance forbidden"? I'm sure security took whatever legal measures they could, but there's nothing keeping him from returning.

If he is living in a halfway house, would he really be able to afford a pass to DLR, just for that type of "exercise"... If he is a pass holder he can be blocked, so a repeat performance could be prevented. Lets hope anyway!

• C4C6C

I hate to say this but there are probably pedophiles and sex offenders working at Disney. Does Disney do a background check on everyone? Even if they do, that doesn't mean they catch these people. Remember, one has to be arrested AND fingerprinted in order for this to happen.

I remember at my kids school where everyone was relieved that all the teachers and volunteers were fingerprinted. They believed that this meant there was no child molesters, etc, at the school. I told an audience of parents at a meeting that it meant that a person has not been arrested for it. The mere fact someone is fingerprinted does not mean they are not a child molestor or sex offender. You could have heard a pin drop in that room because everyone was shocked I would say that, but then they realized I was right.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    I hate to say this but there are probably pedophiles and sex offenders working at Disney. Does Disney do a background check on everyone? Even if they do, that doesn't mean they catch these people. Remember, one has to be arrested AND fingerprinted in order for this to happen.

Yeah, denial sounds like such a nice place to be. I should try it sometime!

People need to realize that life happens, even at DL!

Thanks for reminding them...

• Somewhere on Main Street

OMG...as a parent of a 9 and 3 year old I cannot imagine witnessing something like that. I don't know who would have reacted first, me or my husband. That would have sent both of us off. I'm am so so sorry that you had to see that. Scary...really scary.

• is poppin' tags

Ew. Totally Gross. Sorry your kids had to see that, Tater Head.

If it had been me, I would have said something to the guy ('YOU NEED TO STOP THAT ONCE!'). I am pretty sadistic when it comes to calling people out on their poor behavior. I'd also get a CM immediately. You did the right thing. Getting the park to punish rule-breaking is in everyone's best interest. There's no sense in getting yourself kicked out for dotting the eyes of some sicko. Let security handle it and we'd all be better off.

To the girl that said she was afraid of going to the park - You don't need to be afraid. Disney does their best to nip crap like this in the bud. Unfortunately, given the place is a haven for children, creeps are going to try to go there to get their rocks off. But DLR is unforgiving when it comes to safety infractions and lewdness. They will make sure someone like that doe NOT come back.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

I believe that there is even a branch of the Anaheim police Dept on property, so they definitely takes crimes very seriously at Disney.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    I believe that there is even a branch of the Anaheim police Dept on property, so they definitely takes crimes very seriously at Disney.
    Yes there is plenty in civilian clothes

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

It's shocking what you had to experience at Disneyland. I'm so sorry.

It sounds like the CMs and Security did the right things, its unfortunate it had to happen in the first place.

While Disneyland Security strives to make Disneyland the safest it can possibly be, it's never a perfect system, and occasionally sickos like this will find their way in. I can assure you that Disney takes matters like this VERY seriously. And they can indeed ban someone from a park.

Banning though has a different meaning than I think some people here are getting. Banning someone doesn't neccessarily mean that there is some technology that can stop them at the turnstyles. Disney probably has some system of checks though, if he tries to use a card, or if he shows an ID, a computer will send up a red flag. What banning does mean, is if he ever returns to Disneyland again, and is caught, he is legally trespassing and subject that sort of legal action.

It's not good enough to hear if you're a parent. But it's the best legally Disney can do. They'll work fast and swift, but unfortunately creepers like this will pop in from time to time.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Yes there is plenty in civilian clothes

And guests that are LEO's too...

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    "I want people like him banned from our park"
    How would you suggest they ban him? Forcibly tattoo his forehead "Disneyland admittance forbidden"? I'm sure security took whatever legal measures they could, but there's nothing keeping him from returning.

"we want to be sure we will be safe at Disneyland"
    While I understand this was a disgusting experience, suggesting that it makes you less 'safe' is naive. Don't you suppose at any one time there may be at least one, perhaps dozens, of people who go to the park for unsavory reasons? You make sure you are 'safe' by being responsible parents, the same as you would anywhere else.

I'm not trying to be harsh, and I know this sort of thing should never happen anywhere, but we need to be realistic, too.
    Well, if he had an AP, they could cancel it and put in the computer he can't buy another one. Also, I've heard from a family member who works main gate of criminals on the run who go to Disneyland. There's some sort of technology connecting with the police that recognizes faces, because he seemed just like a normal park guest, but when he passed a camera, someone got him and said the police station had alerted them of who he was, and he was arressted.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast