scoring tips for Buzz lightyear?

Just got back from the park, it was my first time in a year. CROWDED (at least compared to what I am used to) I really, really liked buzz, but my score was low. Is there a FAQ or web page that explains how to score big? I have not found one, and was hoping someone knew of one, or could explain. Thanks!

Brian

• Namaste and Good Luck

Re: scoring tips for Buzz lightyear?

I just try to rapid fire as much as my index finger will let me. The "sight" on the gun is also very accurate. I try not to dwell on on target. Fire with the right hand, steer with the left. Those are my techniques.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Justin
    I just try to rapid fire as much as my index finger will let me. The "sight" on the gun is also very accurate. I try not to dwell on on target. Fire with the right hand, steer with the left. Those are my techniques.
    Aim for the farthest target from you (like on the walls)... keep shooting that same target, take advantage of ride stops due to ADA Guests!

• Senior Minion

Also I'm sure you already know, aim for the LIGHTED targets, also shoot behind you too. Those are some of the things I have learned. Dont forget to shoot in the dark tunnel for briefly lit up targets before you enter the final battle between Buzz and Zurg.

Burnt Toast also made a great suggestion too.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Launch sequence engaged

In the beginning of the ride, immediately go for the robot's hands. There are some diamond targets on the hands, and some triangle targets as well. I focus on the triangles until I get to the place with the collapsible targets.

Once the ones at the end fall down, look on the wall as there is a diamond target you should aim for. To my knowledge, the next room is only squares and circles, but keep your eye out for lighted targets.

Once you get to Planet Z, focus on the spinning carousel contraption. There are diamond targets and triangle targets. You should focus on just the diamonds and triangles unless there is nothing else to shoot. However, if a lighted target comes up, do your best to shoot it. That's how you get the insane scores.

Make sure to get the hidden targets in the dark tunnel. One on the ceiling, and one on each wall. In the final room, I'd suggest just going for the triangle target behind Zurg's arm. Once you turn the corner, spin your vehicle around and shoot the square or circle. A diamond target will pop up from point blank range.

This wasn't much of a strategy guide, more of a target location, but I hope it helps!
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson