If You Love DCA: What Other Parks Have You Been To?

If you are one of those fanatics who LOVES DCA, please tell us what other parks you have been to. Have you experienced Islands of Adventure? Tokyo Disney Sea? EPCOT? Do you think that DCA is of the same quality? Discuss among yourselves.

Re: If You Love DCA: What Other Parks Have You Been To?

I can't say that I love DCA or am fanatical about it

I like to think up ideas of which I'd like to see come into fruitation and I'm against name change or theme change because I think it would agrivate the parks problems more then cure them

as for parks I've been to other then Disneyland or DCA I've been to

MK, Epcot, MGM Studios (many years ago though back in the early 90's pre ToT)

Sea World

Silverwood

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Circle of Ancients

I love DCA and I love Dollywood in Tennessee. It's the middle of the night and I'm awake evn though I should be asleep so I'll tell you what I love about Dollywood another time. But the first things that come to mind are the corkscrew rollercoaster which gives you the sensation of feeling like you're going to crash into the mountain it's built on, and the 50's area of the park that has some really great buildings and shows.

• Minion

I just got back from all 4 parks at WDW. I enjoyed them all. I still love DCA. Though DisneyMGM has great themeing there is less to do there then there is in DCA! Animal Kingdom is beautiful, but it also has very few attractions. Epcot has some amazing things, but kids get bored there very easily.

What I am trying to say is that I love all of these parks, including DCA. I have never understood why people single out DCA for bashing.

• Banned User

Oh I love DCa!! open spaces, great rides, and I feel so less cramped! I have only been to one other park in my life, that was Knotts and I loved that park to! I come from Montana where there is no parks, nothing to play on so when I went to disneyland it was heaven. DCA to me is just an extension to Disneyland and so I do not distinguish the two, they are both right there, part of disneyand do To me disneyland and DCa are just one big park. I do not cut them in half, they are one to mer. I love knots, I love it because its got grerat rides to and my kids loved it; I hope some day to go to other parks

• Minion

I neither love or hate DCA, it's a good park with lots of room for improvements and tweaking. Should be interesting to see what happens there in another 5 - 10 years.

Other than The DLR I've been to:

Knott's
    Magic Mountain (Valencia)
    Japanese Deer Park (Buena Park and long gone)
    San Diego Wild Animal Park
    Universal (Hollywood)
    Travel Town (Griffith Park)
    Hershey Park
    Blackpool (England)
    Tivoli Gardens (Denmark)

• Classic Animation

A theme park should not be all e-tickets. It is an experience on multiple levels. The great thing about the DLR is that you have both parks to enjoy, on the same day if you like. DCA has some cool thrills and exciting subtle things. Anamation Building being one of the best thing there that is often overlooked.

Parks I have been to:
    DLR
    WDW- Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom
    Sea World- Orlando + Cleveland (gone)
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    Discovery Cove
    Busch Gardens Williamsburg
    Kings Dominion
    Hersheypark
    Dorney Park
    Knoebels Grove
    Marineland of Canada
    SDZ Wild Animal Park

Coaster Quest- Las Vegas + Primm

• Official Mice Chat person

I've been to the Circus Circus Adventure Dome in Las Vegas
    and Lagoon in Northern Utah.

Both really great parks, but when compared to DCA, they don't come close. California Adventure is so much better. I really don't know why people hate DCA so much, everyone I know loves it a LOT.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I love DCA...it has room for improvement but what park doesn't? I've been to Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knotts, Adventuredome, Darien Lake, Worlds of Adventure (now Geauga Lake), Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Animal Kingdom, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, Marineland, Centreville, Seabreeze, Indiana Beach, Holiday World.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I'm a fan of DCA, it's not the best park in the world, but it's good. I've been to Knott's, Adventuredome, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios Hollywood. My second favorite park happens to be Knott's, it has lots of history and many memorable attractions. I haven't experienced the whole Disney park roster because I've never been to Florida so I can't say I enjoy them since I've never experienced them.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Psh! Who doesnt like DCA?! <--- joke....sadly....

But in all honesty, I as a APH, Love DCA! When DL is crowded, this is the place to go. I love the open spaces, and AWSOME california inspired scenery. Its truely a fun place to chill with my buddies and girlfriend.

I have also been to Six Flags MM, Knotts and Sea World, and NONE of them can compair with DCA at all. The rides at SFMM are ownage, but its an ugly place all in all.

So with this post, I join the DCA lovers Alliance!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney