Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Hollywood Pictures Backlot construction wall close off Muppet*Vision 3D, detour added

I noticed today that the construction walls in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot now completely close off the front entrance to Muppet*Vision 3D.

Here is what it looked like just last week (although this photo is from a MiceAge column that ran a couple weeks back)

They've added a quick detour/temporary entrance through one of the Backlot's "film set facade" doors next to Award Weiners into the Muppet*Vision queue.

It didn't seem like anybody even noticed the temporary entrance to Muppet*Vision, not like many people go to that show much anymore anyways... Last Saturday when I went the theater wasn't even close to half-capacity.. and this was in the middle of the afternoon.
    It's sad, because it is a decent attraction, but like the majority of 3D film attractions, there just isn't much repeatability in them. The only reason why I still get the urge to see It's Tough To Be A Bug somedays is simply because the black widows from the ceiling are so awesome, and the Hopper animatronic is great. But I'm getting off-topic

It looks like work back there is getting more serious by the day, and this complete close off of the MuppetVision area is interesting. Although none of the rumored queue/facade alteration that I think I heard about seems to be happening yet, it looks like everywhere around the attraction and deep into the empty part of the DCA land is getting work done.

Does anybody have any information on the Narnia sets that we're supposedly getting? in the Millionaire building? Will these be installed while the beautification project continues? I sure hope so!

P.S.: Mods, I searched to see if this new development had been posted anywhere, and I couldnt find anything. If it has, please feel free to close this topic or merge it, whichever you feel is best. And I apologize ahead of time if I failed to find any mention of this elsewhere
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-16-2005 at 12:52 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot construction wall close off Muppet*Vision 3D, detour added

Word from a poster on another board is that the Narnia sets and walk-thru that was to go into the Millionaire building was scrapped. The poster stated they wanted to use that money to promote the movie in other ways. But there is a Narnia window on the corner just down from the temporary Muppets entrance.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot construction wall close off Muppet*Vision 3D, detour added

Well thats cool, what was inside the facade anything?

narnia is a no go but i have to disagree on the people not noticing the entrance of muppets. they had some very full showings of the attraction yesterday.

I wished though that during this whole beautification process that they would leave that door open and use that extended queue area for a seating area of the award weiners. Muppets queue is way to big just like the one in bugslife. On saturday bugs life was getting almost full showings but the majority of the outside queue did not have to be used and was actually roped off. they could eaily add a nciely themed coaster like the one int oontown in some of that queue area against the building.

• Official Mice Chat person

Didn't anyone notice that there is 2 new trees in the recent picture? Big ones too.

Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot construction wall close off Muppet*Vision 3D, detour a

It looks as if trees and a lamppost have been removed in the picture comparison...
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Animatronic

It looks like they didn't want those annoying trees and lamps blocking the view of the ultra realistic Monster's Inc. show building.

This warms my heart. DCA is looking more and more like the parking lot I knew and loved.

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: Hollywood Pictures Backlot construction wall close off Muppet*Vision 3D, detour a

Quote Originally Posted by mrtommorrow
    It looks as if trees and a lamppost have been removed in the picture comparison...
    Woops, I had the picture comparisons reversed. They removed the big trees, didn't add them.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Before the construction started I think those trees were in "landscape dept prop boxes" and could easily be moved around the backlot area.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo
    narnia is a no go but i have to disagree on the people not noticing the entrance of muppets. they had some very full showings of the attraction yesterday.

I wished though that during this whole beautification process that they would leave that door open and use that extended queue area for a seating area of the award weiners. Muppets queue is way to big just like the one in bugslife. On saturday bugs life was getting almost full showings but the majority of the outside queue did not have to be used and was actually roped off. they could eaily add a nciely themed coaster like the one int oontown in some of that queue area against the building.
    That's good then, that people are noticing the entrance. I only noticed it because I almost walked into the detour sign as I was leaving the HPB, so I was assuming most people were passing it up.. When I first went into the HPB I thought they had closed Muppet*Vision completely to re-theme it since I seem to recall Al mentioning something about rethemeing Muppet*Vision's queue or something (I may be wrong though).

I agree they really over-built the queues for Muppet Vision and It's Tough To Be A Bug. Muppet*Vision isn't nearly as bad as ITTBAB though, and that space could have probably been used for something a bit more constructive... but how could it be transformed now into an acctraction worth anybody's while?

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I noticed the "alternate entrance" to MuppetVision while in DCA this evening... mainly because it was a new "real" door on Hollywood Blvd. I've always been puzzled why so many of the facades on this street are fake. OK... there the tiresome conceit that all of Hollywood is just a false front. This is a money-making enterprise. Put some shops behind those windows and sell me interesting stuff!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I noticed the "alternate entrance" to MuppetVision while in DCA this evening... mainly because it was a new "real" door on Hollywood Blvd. I've always been puzzled why so many of the facades on this street are fake. OK... there the tiresome conceit that all of Hollywood is just a false front. This is a money-making enterprise. Put some shops behind those windows and sell me interesting stuff!
    Agreed... I'd rather walk though more shops that have the possibility of selling me interesting unique "Hollywood"-themed or film-themed merchandise instead of what looks like a partially unfinished part of a theme park.

| | |

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Just because the trees aren't there right this second doesn't mean they won't come back or won't be replaced. Maybe they were in the way of equipment and stuff? esp. if they were in boxes and easily moved. It's nice to see DCA hate can trump logic sometimes :\

I like the Muppets movie a lot. I think he has repeatability, but I have an odd sense of humor and like hearing/seeing the same jokes.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Perhaps this is because they are soon to begin construction on the Muppets facade... if someone hasn't said that already.

It has started, Mousetimes has a update tonight of the sign taken down!

http://www.mousetimes.com/pictorials...lbum=14&pos=29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast