• Semi-Lurker

Hiring For The Holidays

Just curious, in years past the park would be in full on hiring mode for the holidays right now. With the economy the way it is, even though attendance seems to be record breaking, what's the deal today. Are they hiring or just calling back people on their wait lists?

• Nill

Re: Hiring For The Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by ExCandyMaker View Post
    Just curious, in years past the park would be in full on hiring mode for the holidays right now. With the economy the way it is, even though attendance seems to be record breaking, what's the deal today. Are they hiring or just calling back people on their wait lists?
    I remember a few years ago, September and October had the job fairs for the holiday season. However, only a few positions are being hired for right now. I'm on a waitlist for attractions.....so I'm just waiting for a spot to open up and I'll be in. Basically you apply, then they call you for an interview eventually, and then if you 'pass' the interview, you end up on the waitlist (unless the position you applied for doesn't have a waitlist).

They are definitely not having a hard time finding people though.

• Minion

Re: Hiring For The Holidays

I just got back from Disneyland for the mice chat meet, my first one and I had a blast... anyways as I was leaving I sat in the back of the tram and was striking up a conversation with the attendant along the lines of how long he's been working for DL as a CM and I also asked him if they heard of MiceChat, I loved his answer. The attendant said he has but can't comment on it, told him I was a member and was just curious if he has and again he laughed and said he has. I then asked him what qualifications it takes to work in parking, he jokingly... actually he may of been serious, anyways he said the ability to dodge cars is a must LOL and asked me why and if I was looking for a job. Told him yes and said I have experience with the parking department from Raging Waters for 2 years and he said it would definetly help and that they are hiring seasonal at the moment which generally runs for 2 months with the possibility of going on part time with them.

So to answer your question, yes they're still hiring seasonal. He told me to check out there website and fill out an application ASAP because they are starting to call people back for interviews.