Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Cheese With That Whine?

Arrow Christmas Parade - Things You Should Know!

Hello everyone, my brother is in the christmas parade and we have got the scoop. There will be closures, so pay close attention. First off, the cast has a full dress rehearsal on Friday from 4:00PM to 7:00 backstage. Now on Saturday, the filming takes place. Filming begins at 8:00 in the morning, which will probably close Main Street for a while. Filming might be done twice, depends on what happens. So, watch out for Main Street closures throughout the weekend. Filming for Tiana's Showboat Jubilee will take place on Saturday as part of a promotion for the show. Thanks all, hope your day is magical

Ryan
    Dude..

• hi!

Re: Christmas Parade - Things You Should Know!

what happens when Main Street gets closed? is the only way into the park via the Monorail at DTD?
    -plagued

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    what happens when Main Street gets closed? is the only way into the park via the Monorail at DTD?
    Sounds early enough so that the park might not yet be opened.

Hmm, park opens at 8AM on Saturday. So, who's lining the streets?
    Secondly, isn't it usually WDW's parade that's shown, and only a special guest or two performs at DL?
    Or is this for commercials, knowing that people complain in great numbers when they see WDW in Disneyland commercials?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

This is a full parade being shown, and I think they might possibly have people backstage next to main street, which is what I did while the Candlelight ceremony was going on.
    Dude..

• The one and only

They alternate between walt disney world and disneyland. A few floats from disneyland are usually shown, and a few performers perform, as you ssaid.

• UnExiled Minion

8AM seems an unusual time, when night time has more lights and such.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Well, its supposed to look like a cheerful, chilly Christmas day, night would be cool though!
    Dude..

I wanted to go during the taping and watch the parade, but wow 8:00am is a little early. Plus I wanted to stay for Remember. Not sure if I came make it a whole day at the park at my age...30 is becoming the new 70.

What time does parking open?

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

hey now! 30 is still a young age
    although i'm 17 so i don't know what it's like to be 30

but couldn't you just go in the morning then come back at night?

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Does anyone know who will be the performers that day?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Why are they filming A Christmas Fantasy again, haven't they just been recycling footage these past few years? Are they gonna film any of CASP since it will more than likely return next year?

• Non-whiner

Having been involved with the parade taping for the past two years, I can offer a bit more info. They do want people lining the parade route, but they will ask you to stay put for quite awhile. If you like being on camera, you stand a good chance of being seen. Thru traffic of pedestrians will be routed either behind the parade crowd or thru the stores. You will still be able to get thru, but the street itself will be tied up for a couple of hours at least. I don't know what all they are shooting this year as I am not involved, but usually there is a performance stage in front of the castle. Last year we shot the performances first (Jonas Brothers and Jose Feliciano), starting around 9:00 I believe. Then the parade taping begins. They run each grouping of floats and performers down the street a couple of times. The groups of characters on the floats are modified from what will normally be in the parade, as they need to make sure that characters are not duplicated between Florida and Anaheim. There will be unusual configurations of characters on the existing floats for that reason. Since the event is supposed to appear to be "Live" on Christmas morning, the parade is shot in the morning. Dressing in bright, wintery looking clothing (ski beanie, etc) gives you a larger chance of being singled out in a crowd shot. The entire thing will be edited together to appear to be a seamless event, alternating between Anaheim and Florida. The host in Anaheim (Ryan Seacrest again?) will be reacting to comments from the host(s) in Florida, when in reality, they are not in place at the same time. The host stage will be on Christmas Tree point, where the pumpkin just was. Have fun!
    I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

• ---------------

The film with ppl in the background (and sometimes pass out current clothing merch (hats etc) for ppl to wear during the filming.
    Usually the special guest for the year also does the taping on site.
    So I don't think they can really re-use the footage from years before.

I remember back in 2006 (I think) Miss Piggy and Kermit were there.
    That year the filming was in the hub area (castle as a backdrop)

Also, if Main street is closed/crowded, they can take you behind main street (jungle cruise side). Enter near fire station and I think you exit out near the Coca-Cola corner
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Coolspike9 View Post
    Hello everyone, my brother is in the christmas parade and we have got the scoop. There will be closures, so pay close attention. First off, the cast has a full dress rehearsal on Friday from 4:00PM to 7:00 backstage. Now on Saturday, the filming takes place. Filming begins at 8:00 in the morning, which will probably close Main Street for a while. Filming might be done twice, depends on what happens. So, watch out for Main Street closures throughout the weekend. Filming for Tiana's Showboat Jubilee will take place on Saturday as part of a promotion for the show. Thanks all, hope your day is magical

Ryan
    And what day will this be? This weekend?
    Janette

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by MrToadOfToadHall View Post
    The host in Anaheim (Ryan Seacrest again?) will be reacting to comments from the host(s) in Florida, when in reality, they are not in place at the same time. The host stage will be on Christmas Tree point, where the pumpkin just was. Have fun!
    I remember them following a script.
    i remember piggy and kermit basically talking as if someone was asking them questions (but not true b/c it was live w/ Florida).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast