Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

11.01.09 - A Colorized Trip Report: Birthday Edition (with pictures!)

Yesterday, November 1st, I went to the parks for my birthday. My only goals for the day was to see characters and go on Haunted Mansion Holiday.

We planned to be at the parks by nine, but that didn't work out. So we arrived at about lunch time, and I chose to try the bakery place in Downtown Disney for lunch, and then we headed to Disneyland.

Getting my fun card.

And then my mother took my fun card and used it for my father's ticket without my consent...

The fact that there was the snow on the castle already killed me.

Up-close:

Then we headed over to Haunted Mansion Holiday to get fastpasses. We saw Jack and Sally, but the line was already closed. D: So, then we went to Big Thunder Ranch to meet up with our party and see the pumpkins.

Had to get the caterpillar...

Jack and Sally. My 4-year-old cousin informed me that "They're married!"

So we met up with our party. We went through Fantasyland, took some pictures with villians, (that we're HILARIOUS; the old hag tried to take my cousin) and went to ToonTown. Today my other cousin was doing "rollercoaster training." Last time, she went on Pirates without crying, and this time she wanted to jump to Space Mountain (when she had never been on a rollercoaster). So we went to Toontown to start out small.

Then our group split because I wanted to see Alice and the Hatter at musical chairs, but since I promised my cousin we'd go to Pixie Hollow, we went there first.
    Fall scenery:

They told us that Silvermist was there, but we saw Fawn instead. She's telling my cousin to come over.

...And so are they. She was wearing some necklaces so they asked her about her "treasure" and if she found it on her own.

After seeing the fairies, we went to musical chairs, but Alice and the Hatter were just about to leave. but I got some pictures with them anyway. After that, we decided to go to Haunted Mansion Holiday and use our fastpasses.

We got in pretty fast, but when the whole elevator-stretching room thing was done, the elevator was backed up. Like, we couldn't walk out. We'd never seen that before.

Grr! I kept trying to get a shot of Sally's card, because it was so bright, but it didn't turn out well.

A poor attempt at getting a shot of the gingerbread house.

The ride kept getting stopped, so I got these shots.

And then it was just about time for Jack and Sally to come out, so we waited...

...for 45 minutes. And then I got to see them.

And Jack was like, "The tiniest hat I've ever seen! I love it!"

After that, we headed to Tarzan's Treehouse.

Mrs. Potts!

And that's it for now...all I have left is going to California Adventure, but I got some pretty Paradise Pier shots.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• Not a Minion

Re: 11.01.09 - A Colorized Trip Report: Birthday Edition (with pictures!)

haha we share the same birthday!

anyways, great report. I was surprised as to how many people have their birthday on the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post

anyways, great report. I was surprised as to how many people have their birthday on the 1st
    I know! I wasn't expecting so many people. When we were getting my fun card, basically everyone in line was getting a birthday pin and what-not. I told my mom I was surprised and she was like, "Did you think you were the only one with your birthday today?" And I was like, "No, but I expected significantly less!" But whatever, it was a fun day.

Thank you, and happy belated birthday! :P
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

What a great report! Thanks for sharing thus far.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I too freak out when I see this. I'm like "a hidden pott!"
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    What a great report! Thanks for sharing thus far.
    Why, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post

I too freak out when I see this. I'm like "a hidden pott!"
    Haha, I only remember this because of the in-park VMK quests they had a while back, when there was a question about it. I usually don't go to Tarzan's Treehouse so I figured this time, might as well!
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Happy Birthday!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Please don't use your phone to take pictures in the elevator on Haunted Mansion. I wonder if it was you, but someone on 11/01/09 had their phone on, stopping and taking pics all through the ride. It really sucked on the elevator because the phone stopped it going really dark and was so distracting from the atmosphere.

It doesn't look like she took pictures on the elevator. The shots she has of the haunted mansion are in the hallway (where there was a long line) and on the doom buggies.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

NIce report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Quote Originally Posted by Baroness View Post
    Please don't use your phone to take pictures in the elevator on Haunted Mansion. I wonder if it was you, but someone on 11/01/09 had their phone on, stopping and taking pics all through the ride. It really sucked on the elevator because the phone stopped it going really dark and was so distracting from the atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragondance View Post
    It doesn't look like she took pictures on the elevator. The shots she has of the haunted mansion are in the hallway (where there was a long line) and on the doom buggies.
    Yeah, those pictures are from the hallway. Although these are poor quality photos, I did, in fact, use my camera. Also, with my camera, I did take pictures on the elevator, but they didn't turn out well; I didn't use flash, so I can't imagine that the light from the screen of my camera was that bright, but if it was my fault, I do apologize. I didn't think it would be distracting.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

No worries! Those phones can be amazingly bright.

Nice pictures though!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    NIce report!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroness View Post
    No worries! Those phones can be amazingly bright.

Nice pictures though!
    Yeah, they can be.

Thanks, everyone!
    blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

• aliceindisneyland

i love your trip report so far!
    do you have the pics of alice and hatter? ilove them!!

also i loove your hat, its amazing!

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post

Ditto!! Happy belated birthday...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast