• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking ALL YOU CAN EAT PASS @ Disneyland Resort

Hey guys,

I am wondering do you think Disneyland Resort should offer the "All you can eat All Day pass?"

Every time I would go to Universal Studios Hollywood, I would buy myself an all you can eat pass. I love to eat. I would get a lot of food ranging from Panda Express, Pizza hut, Doc Fried Chicken, Pasta, Lasagna, etc. Basically all the QUICK SERVICE.

That is the reason why I keep going to USH because of the that. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be going to USH because I've seen all the show already.

At USH the all you can eat pass range from 21.00 to 26.00 depending on the season.

If Disneyland was to offer that, how much would they charge for it? And where can you eat?

• Minion

Re: ALL YOU CAN EAT PASS @ Disneyland Resort

It's an interesting idea, but probably people would abuse it so much - for example, getting Dole Whips for all their friends - that it probably would be a money-loser for the park and it wouldn't last long. The thread about people abusing wheelchair priviledges paints a pretty bleak picture of the morals and ethics of park guests. But it would be nice to have some kind of card program if it could be implemented properly to prevent abuse.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^have you seen the line for Dole? Most of the time its over ten minutes, so if they have three other friends and they wait 30-40 mins for Dole (which they wont) plus you can put limits on a CARD and only let you get food from a place every hour.

If they did do a food pass it would 20-40 dollars and most likely have A LOT of limitations.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'd agree with this if the food at Disneyland was actually good.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'd agree with this if the food at Disneyland was actually good.
    That was my first thought. And it would probably get worse with an option like this.

Crazy Works For Me!

• Minion

The park would probably be in favor of this, because it would guarantee that you would be eating inside the park rather than leaving the Disney property to eat, and thus they would make more money. But an unrestricted pass could have a lot of potential for abuse. They might go for a coupon book with coupons for specific items (Dole Whip, churros, drinks, popcorn) and meals at specific locations.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    It's an interesting idea, but probably people would abuse it so much - for example, getting Dole Whips for all their friends - that it probably would be a money-loser for the park and it wouldn't last long. The thread about people abusing wheelchair priviledges paints a pretty bleak picture of the morals and ethics of park guests. But it would be nice to have some kind of card program if it could be implemented properly to prevent abuse.
    True! When I go to USH with a family of 4, we will usually buy 2 wristbands and share our food with other 2.

I love doing that because it helps me save a lot of money if i eat a lot.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Why not, that seems to be the trend nowadays............

A-E Tickets gave way to All-You-Can-Ride admission .

Single Day tickets, while still offered, are giving way to All-You-Can-Visit Annual Passes.

Why not have a stuff-your-face-all-you-can-eat-park-wide-buffet????

Of course, don't expect the food to get any better.....in fact, it probably will get worse(if that's possible).

There's a reason we have not seen a new E-ticket attraction built at Disneyland since 1995......same reason you don't see Lobster and Truffles at all you can eat buffets
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Disneyland Connoisseur

I really like the idea, but I believe that certain limits would have to be put on it. It would probably only apply to the fast service restaurants (Village Haus, Pizza Port, etc.) Don't expect to use it at the Blue Bayou. Another issue could be the price... knowing Disney, it will probably be expensive. I guess they could just add it on to the ticket package. For example: 3-Day Park Hopper ticket with added food pass.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• A Pirate's life for me!

The "food pass" at USH started out much better than its current form.

More restaurants to choose from and it included drinks.

They quickly found out that it could easily be abused so they pulled back the reins a little bit.

Some people can figure out how to rip off any system in minutes!

• Greetings, Program!

Tell you whut.....if DL had this, the churro vendors would know me by name in short order.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• DL podcaster

I think the pass at USH doesn't include street vendors and is limited to only certain cafeteria style restaurants...I could be wrong since I haven't been in awhile. But to me the food pass was not worth the money because I severely overestimated how much I could eat in a day. I feel like USH doesn't lose much money on it because it evens out between the people who don't eat the equivalent cost of the pass and the people who cheat the system and share food.

I think it's a good idea to bring all you can eat to Disneyland as long as it's restricted to certain restaurants. It's going to be pretty expensive though in order to create enough profit. But I'm sure for some people it'll be worth it.

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter45 View Post
    . I guess they could just add it on to the ticket package. For example: 3-Day Park Hopper ticket with added food pass.
    They can add meals on if you book with WDTC. I believe they give you a card for it...kinda like a gift card. I opted out this time around.

I live in Vegas. I see the gross buffets all the time. There is just something icky about seeing people load their plates like barges headed for the dump, and then eating only a few bites; only to go get another fill at the trough. "All-you-can-eat" becomes "all-you-care-to-waste".

I don't think this would be a good idea business-wise or consumer health-wise. Just icky all around.

EDIT: my 600th post....how's that for an anti-climax?
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Disney Fan

They do have the Disney Dining Plan I was looking at it last night. And the Donald Dining Plan was for 3 days was $99 and consisted of

1 Character Meal
    1 Breakfast in the park
    3 Snack Vouchers
    2 $10 Meal Vouchers
    1 $15 Meal Voucher
    and I think something else.

I dont know if that is reasonable or not as I do not know what a Breakfast in the park or snack voucher consists of. If a snack voucher is for a bucket of popcorn or dole whip I don't see the benefit of buying a $99 meal plan. I was going to call but haven't found time yet.
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~