Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Dress Code?

I am either not observant or just don't care, but for the most part I usually see people in suitable attire for a public forum. I've never seen anyone at Disneyland wearing anything that's "offensive" or "unsuitable," sans people who wear clothing is too tight for them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLLocal View Post
    haha I wish that was true I HATE ed hardy clothes
    +1

Since when did bad tattoo style art become cool. Maybe I'll start a clothing brand that puts prison tats on t-shirts.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    +1

Since when did bad tattoo style art become cool. Maybe I'll start a clothing brand that puts prison tats on t-shirts.
    I hate ed hardy too. I use to think it said "by Christina Aguilera"

As for you prison tat idea, I bet you it would sell.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
    I hate ed hardy too. I use to think it said "by Christina Aguilera"

As for you prison tat idea, I bet you it would sell.
    Yeah... but I think I'll pass up the risk of stepping on the Aryan Brotherhood's toes. I hear they're not too friendly. Maybe they just need a trip to Disneyland.

• Ravenclaw

I remember seeing an interview with Zakk Wylde and he commented that the BLS vest is supposed to be something you earn, and it's a slap in the face to wear one when you haven't. Motorcycle clubs are the same way: if you wore a Hell's Angels, Mongols, Outlaws, Stubborn, Violators, Survivors, Valley Knights, or Saxons colours and you weren't a member you'd be beat down...it's a respect thing.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Quote Originally Posted by marqueemark View Post
    A friend of mine was asked to leave because he had a wallet chain. He asked if it was because it could be a weapon and they said it was because he was over 40 with a wallet chain and that's just stupid. (An old Greg Behrendt (sp?) stand up joke he made about himself going to a concert. )
    Seriously?!?
    They sell wallets with chains on them in the park. I own 1 and my son has 1 also. It's an easy way to make sure you don't drop it somewhere. What kind or chain did he have? Was it really thick or somthing?

I wasn't there, but in the 80's my brother in law was asked politely by security to change his shirt or leave the park because it had a mouse with a rather large "part" on it and a slogan that said something like "hear kitty, kitty." He was heading back to the hotel, so he just changed to a different shirt before he came back.

I have seen some questionable attire in the parks, and always wondered what those people were thinking.

Now this isn't offensive or anything, but I just don't get why women would wear high heels and skirts to the park. I see that alot.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Seriously?!?
    They sell wallets with chains on them in the park. I own 1 and my son has 1 also. It's an easy way to make sure you don't drop it somewhere. What kind or chain did he have? Was it really thick or somthing?
    It was a joke.

BTW... just bought two 5 day hoppers for next month. Total cost? $1164. They charged my card 3 times. Doh!

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    I remember seeing an interview with Zakk Wylde and he commented that the BLS vest is supposed to be something you earn, and it's a slap in the face to wear one when you haven't. Motorcycle clubs are the same way: if you wore a Hell's Angels, Mongols, Outlaws, Stubborn, Violators, Survivors, Valley Knights, or Saxons colours and you weren't a member you'd be beat down...it's a respect thing.
    While that is true that MCs consider it a form of disrespect that you wear the colours without earning them, BLS is NOT an MC and has no affiliation with one in any way other than wearing bike type clothing, something that many other bands already do. While Zakk Wylde did say that about the colours and still gives out official patch sets from time to time, he has also said (on the European Invasion Tour DVD - Disc 2 being one source) that the colours worn by fans shows how big the BLS family has grown and encourages their usage.

If that's not enough, a thread has even started on Zakk Wylde's own website where fans of BLS openly display their colours to the public listed here:

:: View topic - POST YER ****IN' COLORS THREAD!

I did however see a couple of pics on the Bat Days website of a man wearing the BLS colours freely so I don't think I'm going to have a problem.

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yeah, I was just going to mention, some days Disney just goes along with certain "costumes". Bat's Day, Rave Day, and Harry Potter Day come to mind immediately. Of those, Bat's day certainly brings a number of people who wear what 99% of people would consider a costume. Rave Day brings a number of people in "colorful costumes, beads, bangles, and bizarre backpacks.

• Nerd

A couple of people tried to enter the park dressed as vampires...that goth look but over the top...(This was NOT at Halloween) and they were denied entrance. No costumes period. expect princess dresses for little girls.

• Trashmasher with Style

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    One time, I had on a brand new pair of shoes, and I wasn't allowed into the park!
    Well, yeah, you need to be wearing more than just shoes . . !

• Trashmasher with Style

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    what about tattoos in a spot that cant be covered and is considerd ofencuve to some?
    If it's covered, you're not "wearing" it.

• Trashmasher with Style

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yeah, I was just going to mention, some days Disney just goes along with certain "costumes". Bat's Day, Rave Day, and Harry Potter Day come to mind immediately. .
    How about Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 10)? Might be a bit too close to the franchise, ha?

• "I Break Things"

I never understood the attraction to either wearing certain things or getting certain tattoos just to piss people off. Sure the topless mermaid might look great while you're in the service but try explaining it to your daughters...

It is with that thought in mind that all of my tattoos have been carefully chosen. They are acceptable even by my grandparents standards (my USMC is actually a WW2 design and I have met WW2 Vets who have it.). Most importantly they are placed specifically so they are not viewable even when in shorts and a T Shirt. Many people who know me didn't know I had tattoos until I said something (including my wife's family).

I like various bands, but I stay away from anything graphic, a couple Pantera ones had a skull but that was about it. I guess I always believed personal expression should be personal, not an attempt to piss other people off.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Red Face Re: Disneyland Dress Code?

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    It was a joke.

BTW... just bought two 5 day hoppers for next month. Total cost? $1164. They charged my card 3 times. Doh!
    I was on break at work and read through this post really quick and wasn't really paying close attention -
    Oh well

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast