Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Shredder

Disneyland Dress Code?

I bet we have all seen, at least once at one time or another, where guests are approached by either a cast member or the park security and are asked to leave the park on account of their choice of dress and attire that day. What I want to know is what are the official dos and donts when it comes to clothing options while in the park as guests??? Any relating stories or first hand accounts are welcome!

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

Re: Disneyland Dress Code?

Idk wat the official dress code is but I rember one time wen I was entering dca I overheard two CM talking and one said a person tried to enter the park wit a very innapropriate pic of a woman on his shirt and told him to turn it inside out. Later in the park he was in line ahead of us for screamin and he fixed his shirt so it was normal again
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Shopping With You

I think it's not offensive words or pics on shirts.

And I'm sure something about revealing attire too.

Doesn't the tram say something like "Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times?"

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Doesn't the tram say something like "Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times?"
    Yes, precisely.

When we went to Disneyworld, we saw a lot of innappropriate slogans on tee-shirts; we were wondering what the deal was with that.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

In a TON of visits to the park I've never seen this. And I'm a real snoop so it's not like I'm not paying attention to what's going on around me.

I've seen shirts with the F word on them and the guys wearing them are just walking around like everyone else.

• Very own madame Leota!

Well obviously cast members won't see and stop every person who is wearing something inapropriate because they're dealing with tons of people at once for hours at a time.

But aside from very revealing and inapropriate slogans and images on clothing another one I'm aware of is if the clothing resembles something that could be mistaken for a park costume. I've particularly seen this with one style of japanese based fashion resembling victorian/ victorian doll clothes. I've run into a few different girls in the park wearing those clothes, and they have mentioned having issues with security for that reason.
    Last edited by QuestionableKri; 11-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
    2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
    Next Disneyland visit: ???
    My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
    http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

• Johnny and Me!

One time, I had on a brand new pair of shoes, and I wasn't allowed into the park!

The book Mouse Tales has some interesting stories about the old rule that guys with long hair wouldn't be allowed in. Worth a read.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• Closed Account

I've never personally seen anyone be asked to leave, but I once saw security ask someone to cover up something offensive using some "Honorary Citizen of Disneyland" buttons. Pretty clever.

• KingLouie

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    One time, I had on a brand new pair of shoes, and I wasn't allowed into the park!

On account of the shoes?!
    .......I WANNA BE LIKE YOU-OU-OU...................

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableKri View Post
    Well obviously cast members won't see and stop every person who is wearing something inapropriate because they're dealing with tons of people at once for hours at a time.

But aside from very revealing and inapropriate slogans and images on clothing another one I'm aware of is if the clothing resembles something that could be mistaken for a park costume. I've particularly seen this with one style of japanese based fashion resembling victorian/ victorian doll clothes. I've run into a few different girls in the park wearing those clothes, and they have mentioned having issues with security for that reason.
    Oh man, that sucks. I've been getting into gothloli lately, myself. Guess I'll tone it down when I go this spring.

• DMTNT

From the Disneyland web site:

The goal of the Disneyland Resort is to provide a safe, secure environment for our Guests to enjoy. Clothing, makeup and tattoos that may distract from the Disneyland Resort experience or that may pose a safety or health issue are not permitted:
    • Clothing or tattoos with obscene, lewd or offensive language, graphics or designs
    • Clothing that could be construed as indecent, exposing excessive portions of skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment (e.g., string bikini tops and bottoms, G-strings, clothing that accentuates or draws attention to private areas)
    • Bare feet
    • Weapons or accessories that appear to be weapons (i.e., bullet belts)
    • Clothing or accessories that drag on the ground and create a potential tripping hazard
    • Costumes on Guests over the age of 9 (e.g., Halloween costumes with the exception of special events wedding dresses, period costumes)
    • Sharp or pointed accessories that may cause injury
    • Masks or makeup that could be construed as part of a costume
    • Exception: Attire intended to identify those wearing it is acceptable (e.g., military uniforms, cultural attire)

• Hakuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    why?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfn View Post
    From the Disneyland web site:

The goal of the Disneyland Resort is to provide a safe, secure environment for our Guests to enjoy. Clothing, makeup and tattoos that may distract from the Disneyland Resort experience or that may pose a safety or health issue are not permitted:
    • Clothing or tattoos with obscene, lewd or offensive language, graphics or designs
    I wonder where the enforcement on this was when I was in the park about 7 years ago. There was this idiot wearing a jacket with Jesus crucified on the back of it... with his stomach cut open and his intestines falling out. No joke... it was unbelievably offensive.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast