Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Honey! I Shrunk The Audience Needs to Go.

[/QUOTE]I can already see MILF hatred for years to come when it arrives at DL and remember the days when HISTA was the hated attraction.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha!!! No "MILF hatred" over here! Can we all agree to change this to just MLF?? I can't even get through these threads without LMFAO! HA!

• Movie buff, Disney nut.

Can we all agree to change this to just MLF??
    Why? Are we all that uptight?

• Minion

the problen with this thread is we all agree HISTA needs to go the fights are about what to replace it with or ..not replace it with... some want EO to return..others do not(i would rather eat out of season puffer fish and wash it down with drano then have EO come back)..and no one wants MILF..others LIKe my self wouldnt mind philharmagic come in..or dare i say it...something new and original.so in there lies the problem..retro retread, lame monsters stand up..or a darkend theatre for a spell while they work on something new..

• Big Hockey Fan

i wouldnt mind Mickey's Philarmagic

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    I know there may have been dozens of threads relating to this issue, but I think the ride that deserves to get killed off the most is Honey! I Shrunk The Audience.
    Yep! There have been and lookie here, we have another! I agree wholeheartedly with you. It stinks!

• Future Animator

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    the problen with this thread is we all agree HISTA needs to go the fights are about what to replace it with or ..not replace it with... some want EO to return..others do not(i would rather eat out of season puffer fish and wash it down with drano then have EO come back)..and no one wants MILF..others LIKe my self wouldnt mind philharmagic come in..or dare i say it...something new and original.so in there lies the problem..retro retread, lame monsters stand up..or a darkend theatre for a spell while they work on something new..
    Does it have to impact your life that drastically? I mean, if you hate HISTA so badly and ignoring the theater now, what would be the big difference if Captain EO returned for a few months and you ignore the theater then? What is it about EO that you hate so much to the point that you would eat a season puffer fish and drink drano instead of having it return to Tomorrowland? Haha...

It was a great attraction, but it's no longer relevant or fun. Its time to replace it with a new one. Keep the Toad ride though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    After we watched HISTA we all kinda just looked at each other like "what?" Never saw that thing again...
    That's pretty much what happened to us. My DS9 wanted to go, so we did. It was SOOOOO BORING! I"m like "well that's 20 mins of my life I will never get back" It was cool in the theater that is about the ONLY redeeming factor to it.
    Janette

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    Does it have to impact your life that drastically? I mean, if you hate HISTA so badly and ignoring the theater now, what would be the big difference if Captain EO returned for a few months and you ignore the theater then? What is it about EO that you hate so much to the point that you would eat a season puffer fish and drink drano instead of having it return to Tomorrowland? Haha...
    its just the fact that it undercuts and underrates (IMO)what tommorowland should be about..granted it takes place in outter space.. but the principal of the thing is its not a forward move its a backwards move..tied in with the whole timeing in with jacksons death.. inntentional or not.i understand it could bring people in the park mostly jackson fans and lookie loos that havent seen it and would have the chance but it seems like a short term gain long term loss just like hista..
    im probobly one of the few if not the only one that feels offended that they would take tommorowland back into yesterland and say well its new to some....

• Disney Secrets Master

I totally agree.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Member of The Club

I'm so excited to see Captain EO returning (even though it will be short lived)!
    I don't understand why they dont branch out and put a Wall E 3-D movie in. It is one of the most modern films going for Disney right now, and how easy it would be to convey a friendly message about being green!

• Hey hey, I'm a Monkee

Quote Originally Posted by wweecwdude View Post
    i wouldnt mind Mickey's Philarmagic

YES. VERY YES.

I don't understand the idea of replacing HISTK with Captain EO on the grounds of MISTK is "outdated". Eo is VERY dated. I didn't experience the ride when it existed, but I've seen the footage...Not a bad thing, just noting that "outdated" isn't a trait I agree with as cause for replacement.

I would actually like see something other than a 3D movie added in its place. When we went to Universal, it seemed that all they had to offer was 3D movies...blah. (Simpsons hurt my neck, T2 is one of my foave movies so that was cool, and Shrek was UNFORGIVABLE...like sitting through Napoleon Dynamite all over again only you have a flippin' donkey sneezing on you)

I enjoy the mixed media 3D films (I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Muppets 3D and Bug's Life, and again a big fan of T3 at Universal)...but I think that is more becuase of the giant animatronic Grasshopper breaking down half the wall and the Swedish Chef blowing up a theatre around you! You can't add too many of the 3D theatres because it just gets old...If I wanted to sit and watch a 3 minute movie, I would have stayed home. You can get movies in 3D now. You can hook up your computer to do the 3D vision for your games. I'm not as impressed because it is a technology that is accessible in my own living room.

HISTK isn't a "classic" Disney movie. Sure, the movie was great and has a Disney charm to it...but I'd like to see something more Disney-esque. Like Mickey's Philarmagic! Or...dare I say...bring back Country Bear Jamboree *runs, hides, dodges thrown tomatoes*
    My mind often turns back to
    Fraggle Rock...
    I'm marching on with a smile

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    I know there may have been dozens of threads relating to this issue, but I think the ride that deserves to get killed off the most is Honey! I Shrunk The Audience.

I have many explanations as to why this ride needs to go, so let's get started:

1. It's outdated

I really don't know how many times this needs to be said, but this ride truly is outdated. Sure, back in the 90's it was cool and a fun and thrilling experience, but a new generation is being born, a generation of kids who are not going to have any idea who Professor Wayne Zielinski is. Unlike rides like Indiana Jones or Star Wars, those are two major and timeless franchises that will live through generations to come, naturally every kid is going to get sucked into it. However, the Honey! series has never been labeled a "timeless" franchise and I think it's overstayed it's welcome. Plus, I think it's kind of awkward seeing these actors in their former prime wearing 90's clothes and looking younger than they really are now, and I think that would confuse a lot of young children.

2. It's not fun.

When I was a kid and riding this ride for the first time, I was scared ****less, the loud noises, the cat turning into the lion, the snake. Everything was just more horrific then fun. I don't believe that any kid these days enjoys obnoxiously loud sound effects and crazy satanized animals coming at them in 3-D. Even when I did grow up though and rode this ride again, it still wasn't fun for me because of the loud noises and just the pure cheeziness factor of it. Once again, this ride was strictly for the 80's - 90's much like WDW's Wonders of Life and to put it simple, it's just not an enjoyable experience for the eyes and ears.

3. CAPTAIN EO

Nuff' Said, unfortunately I never got the experience of riding this attraction and if the rumors are true, I really hope they go through with resurrecting the attraction. Michael Jackson will be and live on as a legend in many people's eyes and to be able to share with future generations of people the positive side of Michael Jackson and just how much of an effect he had on the music industry would be a real treat.

I'm sick of seeing this ride still standing at Disneyland, decaying and growing old. To me, it was never a fun attraction, never thrilling and never enjoyable and I really do think this ride needs to go.

1) The attraction is outdated because the 3D people can see at their local multiplex is now 90 million times better and used in a less cheap, gimmicky way than this attraction. It's true that the kids today probably aren't familiar with the films, but if this were a great attraction that really made you feel like you were shrunk, they would know the characters from the attraction itself, the way they know Br'er Rabbit, Fox and Bear from Splash Mountain, rather than Song of the South. I dunno - the live-action Disney comedies (typically set in the "present" of when they're made) never do seem to be as "timeless" as the animated features, so maybe there is something to that argument - still, a better attraction would have stood a better chance. Tomorrowland still needs a good shrinking attraction. It's one of the major sci-fi concepts, along with space and time travel. Also, having grown up with the Honey films, (particularly the first), this attraction does not feel like a true extension of them to me anyway. It's got the characters, the actors, the references, but it just doesn't feel right.

2) I thought some of the effects were cool. What was truly scary to me was watching Rick Moranis and Eric Idle being so painfully unfunny. I don't think I could sit through that again.

3) I've only seen Captain EO on YouTube. It screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeams 1980's, and some of it seemed kind of cheesy to me, but it does seem more creative and original than HISTA. Again, once upon a couple of years ago, simply seeing a 3D movie was such a novelty that it was a passable gimmick for theme park attractions. But not anymore. EO might get by for a while because it's a film that you can't see in 3D anywhere else. But in the long run, a theater running a 3D film can no longer be passed off as an attraction. (A few squirts of water and puffs of air aren't going to do it, either).

I was just thinking, after the way Disney tried to use that Twain quote to shoehorn Pirates Lair into Tom Sawyer's Island, I'm suprised they didn't go back and try to justify HISTA's presence in Tomorrowland with the line,

"What if time's shrunk too, I mean? What if it's hours to us, but it's years to the rest of the world?"
    - Ron Thompson
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 11-14-2009 at 05:08 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Minion

Okay, Okay....HISTA needs to go I suppose....

I for one wouldn't mind EO coming back. I had only seen it once at EPOCT then the following year I went it was replaced by HISTA. Mickey's Philarmagic I think would fit in great at DL because more fans of Disney go to the park that WDW which just is a vacation spot.

It's hard to say if there could be anything new since 3D is becoming more mainstream. I do enjoy the other shows Muppets and Bugs. I try to make it to Muppets each time I am in DCA. Bugs I don't go as much well because it scared me the first time, lol, but still find it a great show.

Last time I seen HISTA it seemed as though the 3D wasn't working at all, just gave me a headache. I think if Disney decides to keep HISTA for another year they at least need to upgrade to digital projection. Seeing Muppets and DCA and WDW is like night and day. The Muppets at DCA is so much better because of the digital projection. The 3D seems to pop more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast