Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• world class bilge rat

Re: Honey! I Shrunk The Audience Needs to Go.

OK, I'll take a chance at getting blasted to bits here, but I'm one of the few people who actually likes HISTA.

If nothing else, it's a nice cool (or warm) place to go for a while, it's not crowded at all, the line is short (or non-existent), and if you have a somewhat positive mindset, it can be an enjoyable show.

True enough, it's a bit outdated, but in its time it was cutting-edge technology. How many movie theaters have the air jets to simulate the mice running up your pantlegs?

There's a lot of nostalgia at DL, and HISTA sort of fits.

I agree, it really doesn't belong in TL, but where else would it fit in? Pooh doesn't belong where it is either, but where would it fit in?

I'm really not one to judge though, I can't see how anyone can actually enjoy a roller coaster. But a LOT of people do!

This is what makes DL so special; there's something for everyone. Very few amusement parks can make that claim.

Rob

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    OK, I'll take a chance at getting blasted to bits here, but I'm one of the few people who actually likes HISTA.

This is what makes DL so special; there's something for everyone. Very few amusement parks can make that claim.

Rob

Preach it my friend!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post

If nothing else, it's a nice cool (or warm) place to go for a while, it's not crowded at all, the line is short (or non-existent), and if you have a somewhat positive mindset, it can be an enjoyable show.

True enough, it's a bit outdated, but in its time it was cutting-edge technology. How many movie theaters have the air jets to simulate the mice running up your pantlegs?

There's a lot of nostalgia at DL, and HISTA sort of fits.

I agree, it really doesn't belong in TL, but where else would it fit in? Pooh doesn't belong where it is either, but where would it fit in?

I'm really not one to judge though, I can't see how anyone can actually enjoy a roller coaster. But a LOT of people do!

Rob
    You're not alone - I like HISTA too. And Innoventions. Updates and new attractions are always welcome.. but I will be sad to see HISTA go, whenever that day comes.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    the problen with this thread is we all agree HISTA needs to go the fights are about what to replace it with or ..not replace it with... some want EO to return..others do not(i would rather eat out of season puffer fish and wash it down with drano then have EO come back)..and no one wants MILF..others LIKe my self wouldnt mind philharmagic come in..or dare i say it...something new and original.so in there lies the problem..retro retread, lame monsters stand up..or a darkend theatre for a spell while they work on something new..
    I agreed to this post the most!
    I like to see phihrmagic come to Disneyland except not
    in Tommorrow Land....

EO come back only very short time for thos
    Jackson's fan.......
    An understanding not everone is a Jackson's fan
    I for one in truth is sick of hearing about him!

MILF is a joke...many do not want it.....JUNK
    other reason Like Tomorrow Land have a refresh to
    THEMEING the way Tomorrow Land should be
    it is getting junk up already !

This my opinon.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

There isn't enough room in that area to build an actual ride......so I think the 4-D type movie is here to stay in that theater. "Honey" is VERY outdated. I haven't been on it since about 2000 I believe. And I don't need to go on it again. I think a new 4-D film based on Wall-E would be perfect for that theater. It would fit perfectly in Tomorrowland and it may get more return visitors than "Honey."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbay8 View Post
    There isn't enough room in that area to build an actual ride......so I think the 4-D type movie is here to stay in that theater. "Honey" is VERY outdated. I haven't been on it since about 2000 I believe. And I don't need to go on it again. I think a new 4-D film based on Wall-E would be perfect for that theater. It would fit perfectly in Tomorrowland and it may get more return visitors than "Honey."
    um or EO..for that matter bring on the wall e tommorowland 4d..or the incredibles, mickeys philharmagic....anything but EO or MILF

• Coronus, The Terminator

Hasn't a discussion about the fate and state of HISTA been discussed before?

• Future Skipper

While I do agree, I find it ironic that you find it outdated, but want Captain EO to replace it

I'd really like to see them refit it slightly to include a few motion simulator elements, then do a 3d version of Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars. That would be so cool, and it would be both new and a tie to Tomorrowland's roots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123