Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Honey! I Shrunk The Audience Needs to Go.

I know there may have been dozens of threads relating to this issue, but I think the ride that deserves to get killed off the most is Honey! I Shrunk The Audience.

I have many explanations as to why this ride needs to go, so let's get started:

1. It's outdated

I really don't know how many times this needs to be said, but this ride truly is outdated. Sure, back in the 90's it was cool and a fun and thrilling experience, but a new generation is being born, a generation of kids who are not going to have any idea who Professor Wayne Zielinski is. Unlike rides like Indiana Jones or Star Wars, those are two major and timeless franchises that will live through generations to come, naturally every kid is going to get sucked into it. However, the Honey! series has never been labeled a "timeless" franchise and I think it's overstayed it's welcome. Plus, I think it's kind of awkward seeing these actors in their former prime wearing 90's clothes and looking younger than they really are now, and I think that would confuse a lot of young children.

2. It's not fun.

When I was a kid and riding this ride for the first time, I was scared ****less, the loud noises, the cat turning into the lion, the snake. Everything was just more horrific then fun. I don't believe that any kid these days enjoys obnoxiously loud sound effects and crazy satanized animals coming at them in 3-D. Even when I did grow up though and rode this ride again, it still wasn't fun for me because of the loud noises and just the pure cheeziness factor of it. Once again, this ride was strictly for the 80's - 90's much like WDW's Wonders of Life and to put it simple, it's just not an enjoyable experience for the eyes and ears.

3. CAPTAIN EO

Nuff' Said, unfortunately I never got the experience of riding this attraction and if the rumors are true, I really hope they go through with resurrecting the attraction. Michael Jackson will be and live on as a legend in many people's eyes and to be able to share with future generations of people the positive side of Michael Jackson and just how much of an effect he had on the music industry would be a real treat.

I'm sick of seeing this ride still standing at Disneyland, decaying and growing old. To me, it was never a fun attraction, never thrilling and never enjoyable and I really do think this ride needs to go.

Re: Honey! I Shrunk The Audience Needs to Go.

After we watched HISTA we all kinda just looked at each other like "what?" Never saw that thing again...

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Great post, I agree fully with this one.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i think i was like nine or something wheni first rode HISTA
    those mice scared the heck out of me
    and i hated it ever since.
    but then stupid me i went on it again
    and i put my feet up when the mice were coming.
    nope they still got me.
    and yes it is a stupid show.
    i said in another to blow it up
    but i'll blow it up myself if i have to
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Wink Re: Honey! I Shrunk The Audience Needs to Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    I know there may have been dozens of threads relating to this issue, but I think the ride that deserves to get killed off the most is Honey! I Shrunk The Audience.

I have many explanations as to why this ride needs to go, so let's get started:

1. It's outdated

I really don't know how many times this needs to be said, but this ride truly is outdated. Sure, back in the 90's it was cool and a fun and thrilling experience, but a new generation is being born, a generation of kids who are not going to have any idea who Professor Wayne Zielinski is. Unlike rides like Indiana Jones or Star Wars, those are two major and timeless franchises that will live through generations to come, naturally every kid is going to get sucked into it. However, the Honey! series has never been labeled a "timeless" franchise and I think it's overstayed it's welcome. Plus, I think it's kind of awkward seeing these actors in their former prime wearing 90's clothes and looking younger than they really are now, and I think that would confuse a lot of young children.

2. It's not fun.

When I was a kid and riding this ride for the first time, I was scared ****less, the loud noises, the cat turning into the lion, the snake. Everything was just more horrific then fun. I don't believe that any kid these days enjoys obnoxiously loud sound effects and crazy satanized animals coming at them in 3-D. Even when I did grow up though and rode this ride again, it still wasn't fun for me because of the loud noises and just the pure cheeziness factor of it. Once again, this ride was strictly for the 80's - 90's much like WDW's Wonders of Life and to put it simple, it's just not an enjoyable experience for the eyes and ears.

3. CAPTAIN EO

Nuff' Said, unfortunately I never got the experience of riding this attraction and if the rumors are true, I really hope they go through with resurrecting the attraction. Michael Jackson will be and live on as a legend in many people's eyes and to be able to share with future generations of people the positive side of Michael Jackson and just how much of an effect he had on the music industry would be a real treat.

I'm sick of seeing this ride still standing at Disneyland, decaying and growing old. To me, it was never a fun attraction, never thrilling and never enjoyable and I really do think this ride needs to go.
    Here's
    My Replies:

1. True it has many 90's references, but families nowdays have at least a netflix or blockbuster account to watch the honey films on DVD, so after watching the films, the families can then understand and appreciate for what HISTA is.

2. I half-agree on the special effects, it is semi-scary(but when you grow up a little, you will appreciate it more. You don't see a Magic Journeys reference everyday in your life, now do you?)

3. Captain EO, it's true that it's a great film and would be ok to show at DL. But it will only last for so long a time(like, only three to four months at most, maybe longer.)

As to answer your last paragraph, Your saying that being shunk down to 12 In. was not fun? About to be eating by a rather large snake, not thrilling? Or that the entire awards ceremony was not enjoyable?

Timekeeper

• Banned User

Don't worry. If Captain EO comes back in January, HISTA probably won't be making a comeback after EO is done.

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

I agree with your second point. When I first went on it, I was SO scared. I hated loud noises, I hated all the effects, the dog...I never went on it again. I basically scarred me for life because I've hated 3D shows ever since (I despise It's Tough to Be a Bug as well).
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Don't worry. If Captain EO comes back in January, HISTA probably won't be making a comeback after EO is done.
    And another black hole in tomorrowland. If they do bring back EO then you are completely right that HISTA won't return. It will become another dead area unfortunetly. I really wish I could believe that this is all part of a bigger picture and the WDI/TDA had bigger plans, but I have my reservations since so much is being sunk into DCA right now.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I still have no issues or problems with HISTA. If it goes away from Disneyland and is replaced by Jackson's film then so be it. I love HISTA over at Epcot and won't mind it being taken out of DL forever.

But I do look forward to Monster's Laugh Floor getting put into DL to irritate and enrage all those who hate this attraction! BOO HA HA!

So what is it.. like one step forward, 2 steps backward in the move in the "right" direction of what needs to be done at DL when HISTA is removed and MILF moves in.

I can already see MILF hatred for years to come when it arrives at DL and remember the days when HISTA was the hated attraction.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Future Animator

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post
    I agree with your second point. When I first went on it, I was SO scared. I hated loud noises, I hated all the effects, the dog...I never went on it again. I basically scarred me for life because I've hated 3D shows ever since (I despise It's Tough to Be a Bug as well).
    That sucks... ever since I saw Captain EO I absolutely LOVED 3D films!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorized View Post
    Oh don't even get me started on "It's Tough to Be a Bug", I have the biggest fear of bees and so to have a scene where bees are stinging you have always terrified me.

• Minion

HISTA need to go thats certain but to downgrade and retread shows... i dunno...leaves me cold....would rather them just gut it and either move the jedi academy there.or another 3d show all together..

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I would take HISTA any day over MILF.

• Movie buff, Disney nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I agree. Replacing Eric Idle with a bunch of monsters in a badly-done show. Ridiculous.

(Note: Not sarcasm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    hopefully, you know that "MILF" is also an abbreviation for something entirely different, & it's very distracting. i would like to end my life because you used that abbreviation. hahaha.

& also, i would love to see captain eo return. i think it would be waaay more popular than everyone predicts. seriously, the line would probably back all the way up to that wet spinning ball in the middle of the intersection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast