• Banned User

Red Face Many questions about Matt Ouimet!!

Okay I've been wondering this for a long time. I've met Matt a few times, very awesome guy. But what exactly is his job? What does he do? How did he get his job anyways? How does he differ from the kind of job that Eisner had? Did he work with Eisner?

Sorry, I get childish with questions (heyyyyy I'm 17) but I've really been wondering! I know y'all can explain it better than anyone else!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: Many questions about Matt Ouimet!!

First off, let me qualify my answer as being the best I know from working in corporate America. Each company has different levels of management and lateral positions so I can only theorize on how the exact workings within Disney works. Also, if anyone knows a more accurate description please fill in the blanks, I'm only making my best guess.

So what is Matt's job and what does he do. His title is President of Disneyland Resort, which would mean that he is responsible for the overall operations of the entire resort (i.e. Disneyland, DCA, DTD, hotels and adjacent property owned by Disney. His job would include, but not limited to, the overall operations, expansion, and forecasting. He would be responsible for putting toegether teams that would oversee the day to day operations of the resort. He would review and guide these teams to fine tune the operations of the park and would be the one that reported to to Disney management about the resort. Laterally he would work with Imagineering, Marketing, other resort Management, etc to promote Disney on a whole.

As for his job compared to Eisner is a completely different story. Eisner wore two hats, first as being the CEO of Disney and secondly as Chairman of the Board of the company. Board positions are elected by votes from the common stock of the company. The chairman is usually selected from within the board. The boards job is to see that the direction of the company is meeting its goals and taking a path that benefits to company as a whole. They are responsible for choosing the directors which are the CEOs, COO, CFOs, CIO, CTO, etc. who in turn choose the upper management, i.e. presidents, VPs, etc. All department management report back to the directors which report to the board. Disney is a very large corporation with many levels of management.

Which brings you to how did he get his job? An MBA probably helped, along with many years of hard work in management and a lot of luck. Hopefully this helps some, there is much more and I'm not really good at simple explanations so hopefully someone else can add to this.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Thank you that enlightens me alot on the confusion I had! I'm currently in an Economics class at school so I got to thinking in class about Disneyland business and wondering about Matt. Sounds like he has a huge job! So does he just stay President of the resort as long as he can or is it a certain number of years? Does he have an office in the big green and yellow building?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

The length of his stay can be varied. He might have a contract such as Micheal Eisner did as CEO, but usually that only applies to director and board appointed postitions. Upper management such as those in charge of parks, divisions, cruise lines, etc are appointed by directors so if a director is removed (such as Michael) and the new director decides to shake things up, many management positions are laid off and replaced. Since Bob Iger was hand picked by Eisner, many of Micheals people will probably remain in place as long as they adhere to Igers agenda.

As for where Matt's office is located, I would suspect it is in TDA (is that the green and yellow building you refer to in back?) since that is his "kingdom" and it would only make sense that he was close to the battle. That would also lend to the fact that he is able to pop into park and have a look around as he is getting a reputation of doing.

Good luck in economics. I hated those classes, but they are required for the job and make much more sense in the real world.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Yeah I think the TDA building is the green/yellow one.

Oh I have a B in economics, I'm not too good at it. It's just too much to remember. It's bringing down my GPA.. I'd have a 4.0 if it weren't for that class! *sniffle*

• Having a Grand Day!

Eisner: Matt, Do you Like CA?
    Matt: Well, I ne...
    Eisner: Great, Youre the President of the DLR!
    Matt: But I...
    Eisner: Great to see youre estatic! See you at TDA on Monday!
    Under Breath: I hope my policy of appointing management from totaly opposite devisions of the company works better than last time...