• Boat shoes all day long

Disneyland Representation

When you walk through a shopping mall, sit in your season ticket holder section of the ball park, dine at your neighborhood Dave & Busters, what are people wearing? I haven’t gotten all the numbers together for the statistical model yet, probably Bayes Theorem, but when I do, it may astound. Northern California is teeming with Disney merchandise and not just the classic oversized Eeyore t-shirt on a woman who is down on her luck. This is DISNEYLAND apparel. It seems to largely consist of those annoying images of the date 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006…they have been doing it for a while, with the primary characters strewn about the letters like they were vines or something. You’ve got Goofy wrapped around the “2” in some kind of figure-eight, Mickey and Minnie are helter-skelter on the “0 0” and Pluto and/or Donald are twisted around the last digit like Sonny Bono and the tree.

I am sure this is more prevalent in Southern California, but what about other states; other countries even? In my travels, California wears the %*#$ out of Disneyland apparel and I love it! But what about Florida? They have the huge complex, but it doesn’t seem like the apparel circulates about the state there as much? Could it be because a lot of people going to Disney World are coming from other states and countries? Are they buying their merch and then parading it through the streets of no-name, Utah?

I guess what I am asking is, do people in other states wear Disneyland apparel, and if so, take a picture!
    Last edited by BoygunaSurf; 11-05-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Representation

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. you see it every now and agian, here in nevada. and not just kids either. i do see adults wear it and we also have a disney store in reno that i believe is farily popular so that might be where it all comes from but who knows? we are close to happy place on earth after all.

• Rock Star Minion

I wear a WDW sweater when it is cool out, bought in 2003. It feels nice.

I used to wear a WDW t-shirt bought in 1989 once a week (heavy rotation) for about six years until it wore out. It felt nice, too. I bought it at EPCOT, last day of trip, had to go there because I couldn't find it anywhere else.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Light up the HALO!

I live sparks NV and you see people with Dl stuff all the time. I usually see 50 stuff but people also have other things on.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• Johnny and Me!

Just have to correct you. The word is "teeming".

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

In NY there area lot of WDW shirts and stuff. Very little DL tings, but my husband and I try to represent
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Just have to correct you. The word is "teeming".
    aaaaaaah! I am super embarrassed! Sorry

• Johnny and Me!

Some people don't mind being corrected; I had a feeling you would like that pointed out to you, I don't know why!

• I'm not really here

I'm in Utah and there is a ton of park merch here.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Some people don't mind being corrected; I had a feeling you would like that pointed out to you, I don't know why!
    Like a cop-hunch, one of those gut-feelings that turned out to be correct

• Wishing upon a star....

I'm in Utah and we've got people wearing stuff here.

You have Disneyland Resort articles of clothing that you see.

But there is also that warehouse thing that floats from location to location in the state that has stuff for really cheap. I have never been to that one.

I usually add to my wardrobe when I visit, but I would rather have one thing nice and more subtle than a whole bunch of loud t-shirts. Although I do have some cute shirts from the parks. In October, I treated myself to a long white knit sweater with a hood that has the word love stiched on it but the O is shaped like a Mickey head. I get compliments on it and people don't always notice it is Disney right away.

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. you see it every now and agian, here in nevada. and not just kids either. i do see adults wear it and we also have a disney store in reno that i believe is farily popular so that might be where it all comes from but who knows? we are close to happy place on earth after all.
    We have a Disney Store down here in Vegas as well, but it seems only bigger Disney fans and little kids ever wear their stuff in public. It's kinda nice though, like a secret handshake.