Help With My Disneyland Visit Please?!?!?!

Hello I'm a new member to the Mice Chat and hope you guys can help me out.... I'm going to Disney December 5-7... How are the crowds around this time? We are staying at the Desert Palms Hotel has anyone stayed here??? and last question, I want to suprise the guy I'm going with, with dinner at The Blue Bayou Restaurant and was wondering if you can just walk in or do you have to make a reservation and if so how do I that? Thanks for all your help!!

Allison

• Guardian Construct

Re: Help With My Disneyland Visit Please?!?!?!

I took my husband for our anniversary before he left. I found some things useful. I phoned disney dining at (714) 781-3463 and made reservations. I made mine 30 days in advance but you can cut it closer if you need two. the next thing you dont have to do but it helps. i go straight to the restaurant and check my reservations and request a H20 table. I was told they dont take H20 request over the phone but they do at the park! thats why i suggest you go there right away! Lunch is way cheeper than dinner incase money is limited. If you miss making the call before you go to the park you will have to go to the resturant right away! As places go fast and the line is always long.To check in at your time talk to the hostess out front. Also make sure you arrive a little bit before your time not Late!
    most of all have fun!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Welcome to Mice Chat

If you get a ressie for the first available lunch seating and then get there 15-20 minutes ahead of time your chances for a water table are increased.

The Desert Palm has recendtly be refurbished, I haven't heard anything bad about them since the refurb.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Yes its that much fun!

Great time to be here the only thing is that the parks close early (around 8pm) but all of the holiday stuff will be up and the crowds aren't to bad (of course this year seems to be quite different from the past so no guaranties!) make sure to get over to Blue Bayou first thing in the morning for your reservations!
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

• Earth Intruder

The first two weeks of December are generally the best times to go to Disneyland crowd-wise and decoration-wise. In between Thanksgiving vacation and Xmas break.... mmmm you simply must try some of the pumpkin fudge. Hopefully it'll still be around then.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

To make a reservation at the Blue Bayou up to 90 days in advance call Disney Dine at: (714) 781-3463

• Banned User

DL will close VERY early at 6PM on 12/6 and 12/7 for Cast Member Holiday Parties. Dinner at BB might not be an option.

• Still lost in Neverland

Lunch is only time you can get the Monte Crisco sandwich. Best thing in the place. And lunch is much cheaper to do than dinner.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• :)

Great choice with the Desert Palms...It's very nice with a private parking area, it's also the closest hotel to the park other the Disney hotel's..have fun

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    Lunch is only time you can get the Monte Crisco sandwich. Best thing in the place. And lunch is much cheaper to do than dinner.
    That's the Monte CrisTo sandwich - but they're greasy enough for that shortening reference to count as a Freudian Slip...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    That's the Monte CrisTo sandwich - but they're greasy enough for that shortening reference to count as a Freudian Slip...
    Seriously. Jeez those things make me queasy.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

thanks everyone for your help,finding out that the park was closing early was good because we changed the dates of our trip!!! So thanks and it looks like we will be doing the blue bayou for lunch instead of dinner so thanks alot!!!