Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Seeker of Fun

Sad Worried about sickness

Ok fellow Micechatters, I have a favor. We leave for Disneyland in about 3 weeks. We've planned for a year, saving money, planning different dinners, the whole package. The last month or so though, I've been stressing about one of us (mom, dad, two girls) getting sick before our big trip. (8 nights, 7 days!) In fact, wife and the girls are sick now. Anyway, just looking for some positive affirmation! I need to focus on the positives!! Anybody else ever worry about this type of thing?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Worried about sickness

It's one of those things that's best not to think about but prepare for. My son got sick in Epcot once and he had a fever so we let him sleep and he was ready to go the next day.

If you have that much time, don't feel bad about staying back in the hotel a day to get better.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

I think whenever you're excited about something you worry about the things that can go wrong. At least I do. But those are the types of things you can't predict or plan for.

I hope your family feels better soon!

• no flash photography...

no, I don't worry about it. It did happen to me for one trip....my daughter and i both got sick. We spent a lot of time sleeping on various rides.

• hi!

8days/7nights is PLENTY of time to experience Disneyland.. so i wouldn't worry about taking a day off to give rest to anyone who may become sick (but hopefully that's no one!)
    -plagued

• =)

It's totally human nature to worry about it...but don't. Think of it this way - by worrying about the possibility of getting sick, you will cause the weeks before the visit to be less fun, less exciting. Worrying will not decrease your chances of anyone getting sick. If anything, negative thoughts could have a detrimental effect on your health. Sooooo...just let go of what you can't control and hope for the best! Easier said than done, I know, but you'll be fine. Think of it this way...if they're getting sick right now, they're less likely to be sick when the time comes! (Just try to take reasonable precautions to protect yourself...again, without worrying in the process.)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    8days/7nights is PLENTY of time to experience Disneyland.. so i wouldn't worry about taking a day off to give rest to anyone who may become sick (but hopefully that's no one!)
    This is the truth. Definitely take it easy and relax. Not only will it help keep people from getting sick, it also helps people from going insane!

If your wife and girls are sick right now, they'll be much stronger by the time the trip comes around, and able to fight off any more sicknesses.

Just don't stress. Be prepared. If something happens, it happens. But it most likely won't.

Purchase reliable travel insurance that covers illness this way you can res assured that if someone does get sick you will be covered and reimbursed for your tickets and reservations etc.

• Animatronic

Stress is far worse than a cold, but it's a tad circular to be stressing out about getting stressed out.

• Disneyland History Lover

It happens. I took a trip to go visit family last month (my first in a year and a half) and in the weeks leading up to the trip I was concerned I might catch a cold or something (if not here, then in the plane) that would put a dent in my trip. Luckily I did not. If you think about it, you can take reasonable precautions to prevent falling ill, but no one has to tell you that anything can happen if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. I'd say just practice safe habits (and encourage your family to do the same) and try to think about how amazing your trip is going to be so that you can get the most out of it. It'll be well worth it.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i've actually never thought about it
    i was always too excited!

so don't worry about it
    just be excited for it!
    but you know,
    bring aspirin
    just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

I'm nutorious for getting sick on Disneyland vacations. As a kid it was always something, stomach bugs, colds. I'd be sick all the way down there (8 hour drive back then). Some how I'd manage though, always had fun. My Mom always thought that the excitement of going somehow weakened my system or something. Since it never failed, I always got sick.

Even now as an adult I've had quite a few trips where I came down with a cold the day before. One time was a really nasty virus too. I ended up giving it to the whole family by the time we left! I took lots of tylenol and sudafed that trip.

So yeah I worry like you every time before a trip! But as it's been said, worrying doesn't help. I must say you're probably in better shape because the girls are sick now. By three weeks they'll be well, and people usually don't catch things that close together! Good luck!

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Give your family lots of vitamin C on the days leading up to the trip. Our family did that, and we were all in perfect health when the day came!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast