Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• How Peculiar

How Do You Survive Super Massive Wait Times

It's really just a question really. I wanted to know what do you guys do to survive long wait times. Hopefully anyone else looking for ways to deal with them can look here and get some!

So let's hear them!
    anything besides looking at the scenery? haha
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: How Do You Survive Super Massive Wait Times

Bringing my Nintendo DS for starters. Then my iPod to keep my mind off the line.
    Thats basically how I survived the long line for Ghost Galaxy when I went on it the first time.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

I love befriending people in line. Probably the easiest way to meet new friends at disneyland, lol.

• I'm not really here

Simple: Don't ride when there is a ridiculous wait time. Or use Fast Pass.

There are plenty of ways to get on rides without waiting a super long time.

During the 4 days of our trip we rode Ghost Galaxy 4 times and never waited longer than 15 minutes despite the average wait time being well over an hour (110 min at one point).

You get to popular rides first thing and grab a fast pass (if it is a FP ride) and instead of going elsewhere, jump on the ride right then in the standby line. Right at opening it's probably not too long. Then come back later and use your fastpass which will probably not be a super long wait either.

Ride during meal times, or parades or at night.

Biggest thing, if you pass a ride that had a super long time earlier and you notice it doesn't have one now, drop whatever plans you had and go on that ride. Flexibility in what you do goes a long way towards not waiting in long lines.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Closed Account

A few weeks back my best friend and I waited two hours for Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy.
    We managed to entertain ourselves pretty well. We talked about life, texted old friends from high school, and played "I Spy." But what proved to be the best time waster was what I call "The Alphabet Game" You pick a category like cars, fruit and vegetables, or clothing brands, and try to go from A-Z naming something in that category. Someone starts with A, and then the next person has B, and so on and so forth. You can play with just two people, or with a big group. It was pretty fun, and helped the time pass faster.
    I'm a huge advocate of waiting in line once in a while. FastPass is great, but there's nothing wrong with spending a little time stuck in one place with nothing to do but chat with your loved ones

• Thread Killer

I usually go with a group of friends. When we don't have a two player game on DS, we usually just chat. And if we really can't stand the wait times, we usually go single rider if possible or get a fast pass. We're somewhat impatient so I can't think of a time where we waited more than 30-40 minutes for a ride.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The longest that I ever waited for a ride was not at Disneyland, but at DHS at Walt Disney World. Toy Story Mania had a posted wait time of 70 minutes. We talked my grandson into the line, and it turned out to be 2 hours. Never again. The worst thing is that by the time I rode the ride, my first thought was "where's the bathroom."
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

when i go to disneyland with my friends
    we just take pictures and talk about stuff
    and lots of more pictures

when i go with my family
    well me and my brother always find a way to entertain each other
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

i find the iphone to be the best thing to kill time. but after my eyes start to water up, talking around with people and stuff is good too.

• I read the news today...

I always go with a large group, anywhere from 10-20 people. Even in a long wait, it never gets boring with that many people. I suppose if I was alone though, I would probably listen to some music to pass the time.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Get to the park when it first opens. You can ride more rides before noon than if you arive later for the whole day.
    Bring a water bottle full of an adult beverage. That passes time in line very fast.

I don't. BTW as an AP holder, if I don't do something it's no big deal. First off, get to the park early. Wait times are very minimal then. Secondly, the park is mare than just rides. When it gets busy, check out the gallery or Mr. Lincoln. Grab a spot for the parade and get an ice cream cone. Get a window guide from City hall and check out the meanings. Stand in the original center of Disneyland.(That will kill at least 30 seconds). TRhose are things to do while your FP is clicking down.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Goofing around with a good friend.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I won't wait over 45 minutes for a ride. Nothing is worth it. If I really want to ride something with a wait, I'll get a fastpass or get to the park at opening to ride it.

But even for those 30 - 45 minute waits, I get really uncomfortable. The iPhone helps, but I'd rather not be in that situation at all. There are so many great attractions that almost never have waits over 45 minutes that there really isn't much reason to wait in the mega long lines.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Sock Puppet

I go with my friends and we just talk a lot in line and it makes the lines go by way quicker like an hour wait will only seem like a 20 min wait

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast