• Curiouser and Curiouser

Disney College Program

Do they offer the disney college program at the DLR?

If so do you have any details?

Cost?

Jobs?

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Re: Disney College Program

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

The last time they offered a "real" college program was 2001 (the year I participated) They put you up in apartments in Orange County (I lived in Brea) and took the rent out of your paycheck ($400.00 a month per roommate, 4 people to an apartment) You get paid a little bit less than what a normal employee would get paid. They used to send recruiters to west coast schools to interview and cast you. Some of the perks were special parties, tours, and other things that normal CM's wouldn't get to do.

Anyways, that doesn't exist anymore. The college program they have now isn't really a college program. You have to live in southern california to participate as well as provide your own housing and transportation. If you are looking for a real college program experience, try WDW's program.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    The last time they offered a "real" college program was 2001 (the year I participated) They put you up in apartments in Orange County (I lived in Brea) and took the rent out of your paycheck ($400.00 a month per roommate, 4 people to an apartment) You get paid a little bit less than what a normal employee would get paid. They used to send recruiters to west coast schools to interview and cast you. Some of the perks were special parties, tours, and other things that normal CM's wouldn't get to do.

Anyways, that doesn't exist anymore. The college program they have now isn't really a college program. You have to live in southern california to participate as well as provide your own housing and transportation. If you are looking for a real college program experience, try WDW's program.

That's extremely disappointing. I would consider WDW's if the weather (humidity, humidity, humidity) I experienced for a week there this past July wasn't completely unbearable and didn't turn me off from WDW.

Dang, I was hoping a DLR recruiter would be making an appearance at my college this spring and I could sign up for the summer.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |