Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Two curses, and a warning

Pardon me, but I'll feel better for doing this.

A curse:

To the person who whacked my toes with the child cart bigger than my Suburban: I'm told I may lose the toenails off my big toes for some time. A foul pox upon your house.

A curse:

To the person or persons who stole the bag out of my tote with the Alice in Wonderland DVD: Off with your heads! I hope you enjoy the Rod Miller CD you took in the same bag, please don't throw it out without listening to it.

(Remind me never to look away even for an instant.)

A Warning

If you're in line in front of me at the Coke Corner, and;
    We wait in that line for at least ten minutes, and;
    When it becomes your turn in line, you don't know what you want, and;
    You have an AP, which means you've probably been here before, and;
    You order food for six different people, and;
    When you get the food, you argue with the cashier over what you got because you didn't like how something worked, and;
    All I wanted is a diet coke:

I promise to try not to smack you in the back of the head. At least, I will try.

Thank you for your time and support.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Two curses, and a warning

Sorry...After that kind of day I WOULD have smacked him in the back of the head!

I hope tomorrow is better...

• Photographer/Disney Lover

wow. thats uhh..... horrible.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Tough day at the park! I hope that next time will be better for you.

sheesh.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Super saucy pixie!

Whoa.
    Speaking from one who just a week ago busted up their own big toenail and who knows the pain, I will enter into that pox with you if you need an extra boost!
    I sincerely hope your next visit is better. Sounds like you had one of those days history teaches are better spent in bed.
    Happier days to you and to your toes!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Wotan... sorry for your bad day. I will add additional curses to help out your cause. I realize strollers are necessary but what is the deal with strollers the size of the Queen Mary anyway! I always want to hug the people who have the little umbrella strollers. Unless you plan on staying overnight in the park, that is all you should need.

• Small Projects Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    If you're in line in front of me at the Coke Corner, and;
    We wait in that line for at least ten minutes, and;
    When it becomes your turn in line, you don't know what you want, and;
    You have an AP, which means you've probably been here before, and;
    You order food for six different people, and;
    When you get the food, you argue with the cashier over what you got because you didn't like how something worked, and;
    All I wanted is a diet coke:
    Holy Crap, That was the EXACT Situation I was in!!! I was dehydrated too and it was after hours so nothing else was open. 4 people in line in front of me and it was a 45 minute wait! All I wanted was something with caffine to drink.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    Holy Crap, That was the EXACT Situation I was in!!! I was dehydrated too and it was after hours so nothing else was open. 4 people in line in front of me and it was a 45 minute wait! All I wanted was something with caffine to drink.
    And didn't you have the same urge to just smack them in the back of the head? I mean, it's the Coke Corner. You don't have a lot of choices. Soda, pretzels, hot dog or chili bowl.

By the way, I guess I should say that the stroller incident was on Thursday, the Coke Catastrophe was on Friday, and the theft was on Saturday. So it was spread around--not one bad day.

And despite all those things, it was still a great time!

• I Hug My Tapirs

That's where acting skills come in handy... you really ham it up, and make sure the whole cafe knows how sick you feel. Don't whine and complain, because then you'll sound snotty. Just make sure you're looking properly weak/sick. It helps if you have someone else there with you that you can play off of, too. If nothing else, you can make the group ahead of you feel very guilty!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Maybe if they could get the soup nazi to work Coke Corner
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• CM for 4 years!

If you are dehydrated, might I recommend finding a water fountain instead of a caffeinated beverage? The caffeine and salts in soda can actually cause you to become MORE dehydrated. So you could have saved yourself all of this trouble by just going to any park water fountain.

PS, ODV carts are there to eliminate this issue of waiting 45 minutes for a beverage.

Also, might I recommend close-toed shoes to the Wotan? I am been in the same predicament (although not quite so extreme) when wearing open-toed shoes in the park.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Also, might I recommend close-toed shoes to the Wotan? I am been in the same predicament (although not quite so extreme) when wearing open-toed shoes in the park.
    Actually, I was wearing sneakers, and fairly hefty ones, too--which just goes to show you how much force those monsters can generate when being loaded to max weight and pushed by someone who doesn't look where they're going.

Some of them are now large enough that they should have to beep when they're backing up!

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Angry Re: Two curses, and a warning

I can't believe someone stole from you Wotan! That really blows my mind!?! Has theft become that rampant at the park? Wotan, how did your bag get lifted?

A curse for the THIEF: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits and genitals, and may they not be able to use their hands!

I remember going to DL with my sister and her 2 kids in Dec. '98, we left bags on the stroller (Umbrella type, thank you very much) and no one bothered them. We saw lots of strollers with bags, we assumed it was OK to leave them unattended. Were we naive? Or are folks to scared to steal from strollers for fear of getting a dirty diaper in a bag? This really saddens me...

• Huh?

I sympathize with the stroller... we've all had our stroller stories.

Worst for me, though: One time at the Magic Kingdom when I was like 12 years old, I was walking down Main Street and this guy comes running towards me with an empty stroller (he was about 40ish -- should've known better). He hits me with the stroller, laughs, yelling, "HAHAHAHAHA! GOTCHA!" and runs away.

I'm just surprised he didn't bring out a stamp to mark a sillouette of me in pain on the side of the stroller.

Luckily, though, it caused no injury since it was empty.
    -Tim

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey
    I can't believe someone stole from you Wotan! That really blows my mind!?! Has theft become that rampant at the park? Wotan, how did your bag get lifted?
    In thinking about it, there are two possibilities.

One is that someone was watching the larger bag and swiped the bag out of it while my head was turned at Test Pilots when I went to get something.

The other was the classic two person tag-team snatch; someone bumped into me hard on one side, and their companion could have used that opportunity to rip off the DLR bag that was on the top.

The Alice DVD I can get anywhere, but I guess I'll have to call DeliverEars for another copy of the Rod Miller CD, which would have been handy on the speed run back home.

In the end, though, may bad karma follow these evildoers. And keep a close eye on your things!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast