"Ooops! I forgot my AP!"

Last night around 7:00 pm (couldn't take anymore of the Angels game) I drove out to the parks with my 15 YO son. We live about 25 minutes away and just as we got off the freeway near DL Way and Ball Road he says, "Oops, I forgot to bring my Annual Pass!" So we turn around and drive back home.

Along the way home I'm wondering if this happens to alot of folks and does DL have a plan for those of us abscent-minded APers who get to the park only to remember that we've left the pass at home. Seems to me I read something about this awhile back.

Is there a recourse for this or are you just outta luck?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: "Ooops! I forgot my AP!"

If you forget your AP, head to Guest Relations (left of DCA), and they will give you 1 day pass. As well, they will refund you for parking that day, if you have parking on your pass. Note that you can only do this once per AP year.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    If you forget your AP, head to Guest Relations (left of DCA), and they will give you 1 day pass. As well, they will refund you for parking that day, if you have parking on your pass. Note that you can only do this once per AP year.
    They take care of this at the ticket booths as well. They probably don't like doing it, but you don't need to go to Guest Relations to get it taken care of. I forgot my AP earlier this year, got a comp ticket and a block out ticket, both of which I had to show upon entering either park.

It sucks if you forget your pass more than once a year. I suppose you would have to just pay the $25 replacement fee and get a whole new pass, huh? but its still way cheaper than getting a full-price ticket.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• e komo mai

According to Ellen at Disneyland Guest Relations, you get one courtesy visit per year without your card. You must have an ID or something and they'll help you right at the ticket window or turnstile. They may have to call over a lead to assis them with this or they may not.

• Playtester

If you buy the replacement, the original one still works. My son lost his, and I bought another. Now I carry one AP with me, and DH carries one with him. That way no matter who has him, they can get in and out of the park. Also, when DH lost his, he got the new 50th design. I still have goofy. I might "loose" mine to get the cooloer design.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

My son's AP was in his wallet, which he left at home. With no ID, would this still have ben a problem for him/us?

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    My son's AP was in his wallet, which he left at home. With no ID, would this still have ben a problem for him/us?
    I have a feeling it may be. The operator I talked to told me you must have an ID. With an emphasis on the 'must'.

• Shubisha

If he's underage and you're his parent/guardian and have your ID, they can't hold him responsible for not having ID(same with flying, for example). And I might be mistaken but I'd imagine when they pull up the account it would show his picture from the pass anyways to further verify it.

• Yes its that much fun!

Yes you do get one grace entrance...
    But we are not able to access your AP info in parking so be prepaired to pay the $10 You will get a refund from G.S.
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

• Banned User

I did that back in August 2004 when I first got my pass. I remembered about 3 minutes onto the freeway so I went home and got it then got back on the freeway. Good to know you can get a grace entrance once a year though, I may need that sometime!

• :)

If your child doesnt have their pass and you're the guardian (as long as you both have the same last name) and there is a picture on file, they wont need it...This has happened to me before before I was a CM and I went with my family, my little bro left his pass+wallet in the car and they allowed him to enter, a little fyi: if you're really bummin out, ask for the manager of whoevers helping you out, they will let you or whoever left their pass at home in... shh

• Don't hate the game...

i forget my pass a lot... in the car... which still sux, but its better than leaving it at home. I take it out of its holder to enter the parking lot for free... and then i forget to put it back where it belongs.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Does the one-day pass they give you allow for food & merchandise discounts if you are a Premium Pass holder?
    --Jonathan