Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Land

• Gateway Fantasmic!

A New Land

I was thinking. What if the Rivers of America Were re routed and Tom Sawyer Island was sized down so they could add a whole new land to Disneyland and a large expansion to Frontierland. This is my idea. http://www.flickr.com/photos/31026329@N06/4088605178/

The black would be the new route of the river.
    The red would be the new boundaries of Frontierland.
    The Blue would be an all new land.

What are your thoughts?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Northwest Disneyphile

Re: A New Land

...and what would the new land be?
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Minion

I don't know if it would be necessary to shorten the river by that much, but I like the idea of a new land and more park area. There is room west of the park and north of the park that is taken up by the maintenance/storage buildings or whatever they are. Those could be moved somewhere else and only a service road at the far left edge kept. They need more park area and more attractions and need to utilize every square foot of space they can. They should get started now and get the trees planted at least so they can have time to grow. The park needs at least 5 new E-ticket-level attractions and 5 new D-level at the minimum. So yes, any plan that gives more park area and more attractions already has something going for it.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Bob Weaver is amazing.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    The park needs at least 5 new E-ticket-level attractions and 5 new D-level at the minimum. So yes, any plan that gives more park area and more attractions already has something going for it.
    It does? I seem to recall the last time they tried adding a large number to attractions at once it didn't work out too well.(DCA)
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Gateway Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I don't know if it would be necessary to shorten the river by that much, but I like the idea of a new land and more park area. There is room west of the park and north of the park that is taken up by the maintenance/storage buildings or whatever they are. Those could be moved somewhere else and only a service road at the far left edge kept. They need more park area and more attractions and need to utilize every square foot of space they can. They should get started now and get the trees planted at least so they can have time to grow. The park needs at least 5 new E-ticket-level attractions and 5 new D-level at the minimum. So yes, any plan that gives more park area and more attractions already has something going for it.
    But I would imagine most of those buildings have a purpose that is fairly crucial. They have to store the floats, food/drinks, and merchandise somewhere. The best person to ask about this would be Datameister.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Northwest Disneyphile

I seem to remember reading somewhere that one of the larger buildings backstage, just north of Fronteirland was a trash heap. Literally the Disneyland waist disposal and recycling area. Not something they want to move.
    Last edited by yensid1987; 11-08-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

• Banned User

I like this idea. I feel that Rivers of America takes of loads of space when that space could be used for more attractions. The good thing is that the train could still run through the new land, whatever the land may be. The problem is, I don't know what land they'd make without basing it off a movie somehow.

• Minion

• Artistic integrity

That layout would render the Mark Twain and Columbia lame attractions .. with one incredibly short ride.

The areas once marked as part of the Nature's Wonderland Mine Trains leave enough room for possibly a slightly downsized version of Tony Baxter's Discovery Bay.

Which would be great to see someday.

I think we are getting to a point in DLR history .. where we need to look to new "lands" with DCA and a third park.

There's only so much retooling engineers can work with .. in DL.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

I think we are getting to a point in DLR history .. where we need to look to new "lands" with DCA and a third park.

There's only so much retooling engineers can work with .. in DL.
    Time to find the theme park version of a sky scraper.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Bob Weaver is amazing.
    Agreed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I agree it would ruin the Mark Twain and Columbia and the charm that remains of older Frontierland.

For expansion, they would be better off getting rid of the TDA buildings and parking and expand beyond the railroad tracks.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    For expansion, they would be better off getting rid of the TDA buildings and parking and expand beyond the railroad tracks.
    I agree with two of the three, but getting rid of parking to increase park capacity is, at least in this stage, probably not the best of ideas.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

Well .. uhhh .. we know that will never happen. The main TDA building .. and the multi-level parking structure that sits next to it .. will be here for DECADES!

Seriously ....
    we need to look to Park #2 and a Park #3 for any future "lands".

Unless a lot of you want to start seeing some of your beloved classics demolished in order to create space.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast