Tiana's Showboat Jubiliee. 11/8/09

This show was amazing! It was full of great music and VERY talented performers! My sister, cousin, and I absolutely loved it! It had us singing along..we didn't even know the words! hahah. As Tiana and her "entourage" marched down from within NOS EVERYONE in the crowd was just having a good time! It was great! As they got onto the Mark Twain and started moving, my cousin and I were just looking at the cast of the boat and just admiring how in-sync they were! ..then we looked at the guests on the first level..and WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!..John Lasseter was one of the guests twirling the streamers and musical notes! We were star-struck..seeing a LEGEND in person..wow..he's just a normal person like you or me..but he's a legend..
    Overall, the show was a great success..
    I think Disney's move of releasing this show before the movie comes out was a good move..having people know what to expect without giving away the whole movie! I am VERY happy with this show..and will DEFINITELY go back to watch it again next week!
    Sorry for my rambling! =]

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Tiana's Showboat Jubiliee. 11/8/09

What time was he performing? He was a viewer during the 2:45pm showing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

We were there also and saw John Lasseter on the boat. So we went over to where the guests disembark. He was so nice and spoke to everyone, signed autographs and took pictures. I have some of him that are great and I will post them this afternoon when I get home from work. We also met George K., the new President of DR and he was nice too and I have a picture with him also. Add that to meeting Bob Iger on Friday and I pretty much had a darn great weekend!

• Future Animator

@Wendygirl: d000d, you lucky person! My friend and I saw John Lasseter in the show too (and took a few pictures ) but we didn't think to go catch him coming off the boat... That would've been a good idea. Phooey.

Arrgh! We wanted to meet and greet John Lasseter too..but we figured he would've had a lot of handlers around him..so as the Mark Twain went around, we hopped on the S.S. Columbia..I regret not waiting by the dock!! =[
    He performed at the 5:15 showing yesterday. The songs are still stuck in my head! hahah.

• Hug a Billy

The songs are still in my head also

No handlers that I saw. The creative directors for the show, George Kalogridis, and a few others along with his wife and son whom I also spoke to.

It was really, really nice how it all worked out. Here are the photos:

John Lasseter and his son getting ready to go back and put on the choir robes

John is really having fun shaking the tambourine!!!

Afterwards when he came off the Mark Twain with his family he stopped and spoke with everyone.

I handed my camera to a total stranger (and so it's blurry). Don't my daughter and I look totally geeked out???

Then we noticed George Kalogridis just standing around and so went to welcome him to the Resort. This is my brother Bruce (Lost Boy) having a good conversation with him.

Then I asked to have a photo with him

Then I asked Mr. Lasseter if I could have another photo with him because of the blurriness of the first one. He was so cool with all this and every one of them was wishing me a Happy Birthday! This will be my new avatar in a few days.

• Following the Second Star

....SO I SAW JOHN LASSETER AND HAD NO IDEA?!?!?

I am so mad at myself for being too busy spazzing to notice.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What time was he performing? He was a viewer during the 2:45pm showing.
    I found a spot next to a roped-off reserved area for the 2:45 show and while I was waiting all of a sudden there he was standing next to me. Shortly after I noticed, the group was herded into the reserved area.

Hairy Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post

Hahaha me and my husband are in the background of this picture. I was the crying girl :P Lasseter is such an inspiration for me, meeting him was overwhelming.

Your daughter was the girl in the awesome old fashion clothes? She's so nice! I hope her feet feel better

• DTL= Disney Thug Love

The show is excellent! I watched it twice yesterday.
    Finally a Disney show that lives up to it's name! Excellent production! Thank you John Lasseter.

Getting really really nit picky here, and I know the length of the show has to remain semi-short. It was on odd transition though to go from "Friends On The Other Side" into the final celebration song. I would have liked to see a little more confrontation and resolve, even if only for a minute or two.

Excellent Excellent Excellent! Bravo!
    DTL

did anyone get wider shots of the boat. I was on it and as such couldn't get any pics. If you did please please post or send them to me thank you ahead of time.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by kamiawolf View Post
    Hahaha me and my husband are in the background of this picture. I was the crying girl :P Lasseter is such an inspiration for me, meeting him was overwhelming.

Your daughter was the girl in the awesome old fashion clothes? She's so nice! I hope her feet feel better
    isn't it funny when you spot yourself in someone else's pictures?
    it goes to show it's a small world after all (pun intended)

and i can't wait to see the show for myself
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Hug a Billy

Quote Originally Posted by kamiawolf View Post

I remember you!!! I thought how it was so obviously special for you to meet him and how emotional it was for you

Yes, my daughter who has never liked dress up has all of sudden decided to. She found this vintage material in our attic and has made some skirts from it. Those shoes (and that hat) really did belong to her grandmother, but oh how she suffered. She is going to buy some inserts for them.

For anyone interested, I also started a thread about this and I also have some other pictures up. The thread is here.

And lastly here are two more photos my friend Dennis who was there shot of us as we met John.

I saw you ladies after we got off the boat. . . we were actually on the boat with the Lasseter's! we had a blast and he really seemed to enjoy himself!