• Future Imagineer - Concep

Question Haunted Mansion Movie Sets

I am a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion and the Haunted Mansion Movie (not for the story but for the exquisite Architecture!) Anyway I am always looking scources that they used when putting togeather the wonderful sets such as Furnature, Blueprints, lighting fixtures etc. I have found some like the chairs used in the Movie and later relocated to Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion Attraction can be found by searching ebay.com or Google under the key words "Lion Throne Chair" or "Throne Chair".
    http://i3.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/7e/70/eadc_1_sbl.JPG
    I have also found blueprints at Hauntedportraits.com, but I want to know if there are any more floating around out there...?
    ]http://www.hauntedportraits.com/graphics/Blueprints/grand_entry.gif
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 11-09-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images

Visit me at taylorabaird.com and look for the Disney DIY section... (Remnants of the old Disney Imaginations blog, which mysteriously disappeared...)

• =)

Re: Haunted Mansion Movie Sets

Not really what you're looking for, I don't think, but it's related, and I have to share this with SOMEONE - I think I finally figured out where exactly the exterior facade was built. I knew it was in Sable Ranch, and someone had previously suggested it was here, but I'm now pretty certain the facade was built here. Note the "bayou" and the paths around it. You can see that they created that in the early 2000s if you look at older photos, such as in Google Earth. It all matches up.

I think you are right, if you go on to google Earth and view the area on the date April 22, 2003 I believe you can see the gate and the hole where the house was. Doombuggies.com visited the site in "Spring of 2003" while the movie was still in production because later they moved the Conservitory to the library set and filmed there. below is an image from google earth from that date and in black is where the Mansion was, the yellow rectangle is where the Evers car was parked about before he drove it into the mansion, and the orange is where the walls around the mansion are. Good Job that was fun trying to solve that mystery. Anyway I am mainly searching for blueprints, designs, and other material concerning the architecture of the Mansion. Thanks!

Visit me at taylorabaird.com and look for the Disney DIY section... (Remnants of the old Disney Imaginations blog, which mysteriously disappeared...)

• Collision speed....FULL!

That's where they tape 'Wipe Out'

• =)

Haha, yeah, I got quite a kick when I discovered that, Nautilus. But Taylordisney, I think that orange spot is just another depression that happened to be drained at that point. I think the house was in that clearing toward the lower right of your screenshot. It matches up better when comparing to frames from the film. But anyway, we digress...wish I could provide something more on-topic! =/

Eh I still think I am right but oh well only someone who was there could really know... anyway I found some cool props yesterday from the movie here is a picture of the deed to the house and there is also pictures of some books in the Library and a dance card for the opening title ball... If anyone else finds anything post it!
    Thanks!
    http://www.ericrosenbergdesign.com/f...ymanordeed.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-10-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed