Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• M's mommy

What would you suggest?

Hi I'm new here, but was wondering what suggestions or ideas would you recommend to Disney for the old "station" of the people mover? I think it could be incorporated into the Casey Jr. ride, or maybe something special could become of it, perhaps a nostalgic memorabilia store, or a little coffee shop with pastries?

I dont remember much of the people mover........I was 11 when it closed and all I recall are the faces I went on there with.......especially my dads and moms!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: What would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by littlepixie View Post
    Hi I'm new here, but was wondering what suggestions or ideas would you recommend to Disney for the old "station" of the people mover? I think it could be incorporated into the Casey Jr. ride, or maybe something special could become of it, perhaps a nostalgic memorabilia store, or a little coffee shop with pastries?

I dont remember much of the people mover........I was 11 when it closed and all I recall are the faces I went on there with.......especially my dads and moms!
    Welcome to Micechat! If you are referring to the place you entered the people mover there is a gift shop on the side facing Innoventions and they sell fruit on the side facing Star Tours. A popcorn cart is by the Buzz side. It is being used right now but for nothing of value IMO.

• We Want The Redhead

I think you mean the old Skyway station!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I think you mean the old Skyway station!
    By golly I think you are right! Ignore my previous post.

• Minion

Your reference to Casey Jr. makes me think you are talking about the Skyway station rather than the PeopleMover. One problem with putting something new there is handicapped access, you would need an elevator or some other kind of alternative for those who can't climb all those stairs.

I don't think they need another food or souvenir place in that area, but they could probably fit a small attraction like a walk-through similar to the castle but themed to something like Cinderella or another unrepresented classic. Then they could just add a video version for the disabled like they did with the castle walk-through.

Hairy Baby!

• Banned User

a snow white mine themed mini coaster through the dwarfs line, that also goes past the nearby snow white scene in casey jr.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

A new shop is always a good idea in my opinion

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    a snow white mine themed mini coaster through the dwarfs line, that also goes past the nearby snow white scene in casey jr.

oh! I would love that!! Thats a great idea!!

And yes sorry I was referring to the sky ride boarding station.

Or that suggestion for a Cinderella theme walk through......that would be so great!

• Banned User

If I had the power to I would..

First I would demolish the building because of all the rot it has seen due to the neglect that the building has been getting. Then I would make the area a Marquee for a new attraction, tunnel a queue through the hill, and replace the festival area behind Big Thunder Ranch with the attraction's ride area.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How about, oh, I don't know, maybe it could be the Fantasyland terminal to some sort of aerial transport to Tomorrowland.........yeah, I know, I am dreaming, Disney doesn't have that kind of technology
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    How about, oh, I don't know, maybe it could be the Fantasyland terminal to some sort of aerial transport to Tomorrowland.........yeah, I know, I am dreaming, Disney doesn't have that kind of technology
    There are about two hundred people in wheelchairs waiting outside your house with pitchforks and torches.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    There are about two hundred people in wheelchairs waiting outside your house with pitchforks and torches.
    Not sure I understand why.......are any of these people losing anything? Should all the ski-resorts be closed because some can't participate? Should Tarzans Treehouse be closed? Nemo?

How about a little creative thinking instead? The skyway terminal in Tomorrowland could be re-built with an elevator(or is that too futuristic?)....this way those in Wheelchairs could still ride the attraction and to make up for the fact that they can't use the FL station they get to ride it round-trip whereas everyone else only gets a one-way???

If that's not enough, I suppose a company like Disney could put in an easier graded walkway......something individual homeowners with little resources manage all the time.

• Banned User

Not sure I understand why.......are any of these people losing anything? Should all the ski-resorts be closed because some can't participate? Should Tarzans Treehouse be closed? Nemo?

How about a little creative thinking instead? The skyway terminal in Tomorrowland could be re-built with an elevator(or is that too futuristic?)....this way those in Wheelchairs could still ride the attraction and to make up for the fact that they can't use the FL station they get to ride it round-trip whereas everyone else only gets a one-way???

If that's not enough, I suppose a company like Disney could put in an easier graded walkway......something individual homeowners with little resources manage all the time.
    I was thinking more about the fact that Disney couldn't build an adequate enough ramp to put handicapped guests into the gondolas without the ride getting backed up.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    I was thinking more about the fact that Disney couldn't build an adequate enough ramp to put handicapped guests into the gondolas without the ride getting backed up.
    I believe the Gondolas were capable of being brought off-line....that way while someone who takes extra time to load is getting on others can pass by.

• Banned User

I believe the Gondolas were capable of being brought off-line....that way while someone who takes extra time to load is getting on others can pass by.
    Hmm, that raises a good question, do you think that Disney could restore the attraction back to its original state via OSHA's grandfather clause, or would we have to get some plexiglassed skyway rebuild. I'm all for bringing back the skyway the way that it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast