Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't be late...

When to Disneyland last Friday and a couple of obervations; the park was in great shape (good job Matt), California Screamin' was opened and the crowds in DCA were great to see (we actually had to wait for upto 50 minutes to get on some attractions), something however to watch for is that they no longer accept late times using Fastpasses on Space Mountain. I saw several turned away for being just 5 minutes past the end time of their FP.
    Last edited by Cap'n Jack; 10-17-2005 at 11:02 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Don't be late...

It would be so funny to hear some one who was late for their space mountain fast pass entry singing
    "I'm late, I'm late, I'm really really late! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm Late! I'm Late! I'm Late!"

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack
    they no longer accept late times using Fastpasses on Space Mountain. I saw several turned away for being just 5 minutes past the end time of their FP.

Wow, this is a change! It will really affect how people plan their days. I know this was a big complaint of those who didn't like Fastpass... how do you think this will affect the system in general?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Haven't they gotten rid of a lot of those though?

• insufferable know-it-all

I wish they'd just drop the whole fastpass system.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Wow, this is a change! It will really affect how people plan their days. I know this was a big complaint of those who didn't like Fastpass... how do you think this will affect the system in general?
    All I can say is that we did a lot of cross walking between Space and Splash in order to be on-time. In addition we really had to plan how long a ride would take (with waiting in line) to make sure we were on time.

• Minion

5 minutes late being turned away? First they need to crack down on the 12 hour late ones.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'm guilty of showing up four hours late with my Fastpass in hand numerous times, even a couple on Space Mountain.

I think it's good theyre turning away people like me now though- especally at Space Mountain where the lines can get long and itsnt fun outside - even with the shade.

Looks like I'll have to start being on time with my FastPasses from now on - I wouldn't doubt it if they start cracking down on all FastPass attractions from now on... oh well :Ap:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Still wants to be a cat!

Well word hasn't gotten to all the attractions yet....I was late for Indy yesterday, but no problem. Will have to more careful from now on, especially with Space Mountain.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

At HMH yesterday, the CM checking FastPasses said something like "6:50 and earlier" so she didn't seem to care much if you were late. *shrug* Maybe it's just at SpaceMoutain since that ride's so new and popular and always has mega long waits?

Hmm, though IIRC, yesterday, my group was able to use SM FPs tthat had return times earlier than the time they went on it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• e komo mai

Wow. I just went to DL the other day and used 1 pass for HM way past the time I was supposed to use it for and the CM didn't say anything. Weird. It seems like something some CMs are doing and some aren't.
    ????

• Shubisha

I think they should. I like fastpass, and I've used a very late fastpass because it was allowed. But I've also been stuck in line watching tons of late fastpasses get used, and I've thought all along they should change that practice again to not allow it unless the ride was broken down.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

[QUOTE=NeverNeverland] Maybe it's just at SpaceMoutain since that ride's so new and popular and always has mega long waits?[QUOTE]

Sounds logical to me. We had fastpasses and still had a fairly decent wait the last time we were at DL.

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Well, is the policy on the back side of the FP doesnt say about a penalty with late comers....

Guest Services must be getting complaints! I know I would be kinda upset that I waited all that time just to be turned away!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Banned User

Oh no! I don't like that at all! I often get a fast pass around 3 in the afternoon on a Friday and then spend time at DCA (seeing Herc, BPB, and going on Tower) and then I go back and ride Space. This is going to slightly change how I do things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast