Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: Indiana Jones Q ritual

I remember when Indy first opened they handed out cards with the Mara translations on them so you could actually read the writings on the wall while waiting in line. I know that the line moves to fast now, but does anyone know if these cards are still available? I guess we can just chalk this one up to another reason that fastpass takes away from the show.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Still lost in Neverland

The ceiling with the spikes still works, and it's in the room just before the diamonds in the floor room. You pull just right on the bamboo pole in that room and it makes a loud noise and the ceiling lowers about 2 inches. The diamonds where supposed to be rigged so that if certain diamond stones were stepped on (in other words weight applied) the stone blocks that are in the ceiling would drop down a bit. They are now held in place with wooden spikes so they cannot fall and the diamond squares are not active. Blame it on the Disney Lawyers. They were afraid that some kid would be up on daddy's shoulders (where they shouldn't be in the first place, but never mind logic) and would bang there heads on the lowered stones. So that portion was killed. The only interactive parts left in the ride are the pull rope and the bamboo pole. The bats have been removed from the bat room as well. There were no more interactive parts in the queue.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    I remember when Indy first opened they handed out cards with the Mara translations on them so you could actually read the writings on the wall while waiting in line. I know that the line moves to fast now, but does anyone know if these cards are still available? I guess we can just chalk this one up to another reason that fastpass takes away from the show.
    No, they don't hand them out anymore, but there are three scans of the cards you can print out at the bottom of the page.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    The ceiling with the spikes still works, and it's in the room just before the diamonds in the floor room. You pull just right on the bamboo pole in that room and it makes a loud noise and the ceiling lowers about 2 inches. The diamonds where supposed to be rigged so that if certain diamond stones were stepped on (in other words weight applied) the stone blocks that are in the ceiling would drop down a bit. They are now held in place with wooden spikes so they cannot fall and the diamond squares are not active. Blame it on the Disney Lawyers. They were afraid that some kid would be up on daddy's shoulders (where they shouldn't be in the first place, but never mind logic) and would bang there heads on the lowered stones. So that portion was killed. The only interactive parts left in the ride are the pull rope and the bamboo pole. The bats have been removed from the bat room as well. There were no more interactive parts in the queue.
    I really loved the ceiling when it lowered, it freaked the hell outta me when I first when on it. What are these bats in the bat cave your speaking of?? I can't remember them.

• Senior Minion

Another one of those things you will have to slow down for Modern Folly. It is right before wide open queue, It is in the one of the stalagmite sections where there is like a Purple glowing lite, You might have to stand on your tippy toes, also there are Warning signs of Bats before you get to it.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• /sigh

I never look into the eyes of Mara for fear of being cursed for lusting over fortune and glory
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I never look into the eyes of Mara for fear of being cursed for lusting over fortune and glory

Good one - we don't either!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Cool - I really didn't know that the stones were supposed to be interactive. Too bad, that would really have been a neat effect.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Do you MiceChat?

I am going to assume the diamond thing went out before it opened to the public. My grad night trip there was right when the ride opened, and the wooden wedges were there even then. I always assumed that Indy had "fixed" that booby trap to keep the tourists safe. I also remember the spike room to drop *a lot* lower than it does now.

• Clear for Dispatch

I confess that I have also done the diamond stone ritual.

• Still lost in Neverland

1. The bats were right after that long room with the big wooden doors on each side. These doors are actually opened after the Park closes to allow the various trucks and cars that drive into the Park at night to get from Main Street side past Adventureland as the queue line cuts right through their road. It is the cave looking room with shiny looking stalagmites hanging from the ceiling and in case you haven't guessed by now, all that white shiny stuff is supposed to be Bat Guano. There were wooden signs placed near a couple of openings high up, from which that purple light came from, and if you where able to stretch up that high and look in, you would see little bats hanging from the ceiling. As time went on the number of bats dwindled until they have all moved on to the Jungle by now, I guess. The signs were removed after that last bat left. (they were fake bats of course, I was just in story telling mode).

2. Yes, the lowering stone idea was killed before construction was even completed on the ride. I know a couple of Imagineers who were really kind of upset about that decision. But you can't fight your own company's lawyers, so they kept quiet about it publicly, but privately said some things that can't be re-printed here.

Have you ever gone into the "movie room" and watched the slides/films being shown and then looked behind you to see where these projections are coming from. Of course they are all coming from a large TV projection unit, but the Imagineers have very cleverly disguised this by placing a 16mm projector and a 35mm slide projector up on a platform near the back of the room. And, these two props are timed to the images on the screen. If the movie portion is being shown, the reels on the 16mm projector turn and light flickers in the lens. Then, when the slide portion starts, the 16mm projector stops and the light goes out, the projector light comes on and off as the slide tray is turned. All very clever and really one of those small details that make the Indy queue line on of the best in the Park.

By the way, Dusty Sage, thanks for that Google Tool Bar with the spell check. It works like a charm.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Have you ever gone into the "movie room" and watched the slides/films being shown and then looked behind you to see where these projections are coming from. Of course they are all coming from a large TV projection unit, but the Imagineers have very cleverly disguised this by placing a 16mm projector and a 35mm slide projector up on a platform near the back of the room. And, these two props are timed to the images on the screen. If the movie portion is being shown, the reels on the 16mm projector turn and light flickers in the lens. Then, when the slide portion starts, the 16mm projector stops and the light goes out, the projector light comes on and off as the slide tray is turned. All very clever and really one of those small details that make the Indy queue line on of the best in the Park.
    Good information - never noticed the projector effect, although this last trip we finally saw the Eeyore sign thanks to a kind CM with a flashlight!

I agree - the queue is awesome and IMO is as good as the ride itself.
    "Search the boat...."

Do you MiceChat?

• Guilty!

My friend and I usually rub the nose of one of the statues in the queue in hopes for a good ride with all of the effects working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12