Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Indiana Jones Q ritual

OK, are my wife and I the only ones who actually avoid stepping on the diamond shaped stones, for fear a large spear will pin us to the wall?

I know it seems silly, but we try to play along with the "q" rules in all the attractions. It seems to add to the fun and immersion for us. I just wondered if anyone else does, or has other "q" bahavior stories to share?
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Indiana Jones Q ritual

I know the Wolfette won't step on those diamonds either, I think I subconsciously avoid them also.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    I know the Wolfette won't step on those diamonds either, I think I subconsciously avoid them also.

Smart girl - you never know what might happen
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Do you MiceChat?

Since the line moves so fast now, I'll always pull on the "pole" when I pass it. I think it's so sad that so many people just walk by all the "interactive" elements of the queue without even knowing they are there.

Speaking of which, did the diamonds ever work? I been going to Indy since it first opened and I don't recall those ever working.

• Banned User

Well 1st the diamond shape stones won't hurl spears at you, it will drop a big freaking stone on your head! And 2nd, yes my wife and I also avoid the booby traps of the temple.

• Senior Minion

I like to follow the "Q" rituals if I can I love all the props of this ride. Absolutely the best entrance for ride theming.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Noryen
    Since the line moves so fast now, I'll always pull on the "pole" when I pass it. I think it's so sad that so many people just walk by all the "interactive" elements of the queue without even knowing they are there.

Speaking of which, did the diamonds ever work? I been going to Indy since it first opened and I don't recall those ever working.

Good post about the interactive elements - they add that extra magic that so many people miss.

I don't think the diamonds actually work, but to be honest, I've never stepped on them! Usually folks around me trample all over them, and nothing seems to happen.

But you never know....
    "Search the boat...."

Do you MiceChat?

• oh bugger

I don't step on the entire block the diamonds are on... the last one right before the dome room is a big one to step across, I can skip all the rest and not be noticed but when I jump over that last one people notice. That isn't a "working" effect, if you look up you will see boulders wedged in place with wood above those diamonds. If you were to step on them the boulders would fall, but luckily they are locked in place, so its not like the spike room.

I guess the only other thing I do in a Q is always touch the Mr. Toad statue inside the line, and when in line for Star Tours one of the announcers says something in a weird funny voice and I repeat it everytime... just wish I could remember what it was.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    Well 1st the diamond shape stones won't hurl spears at you, it will drop a big freaking stone on your head!

Sounds fun .

• Minion

What other interactive elements are there besides the swinging bamboo and that bed of nails rope thing?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I know there was a part of the ride that used to look like the ceiling was collapsing, but if I remember correctly, there was supposed to be a part in the queue related to one of the interactive features (the diamond stones, I think) that would cause the ceiling or some pillars to kind of shake and move, making it look like that part was going to fall. I heard it didn't happen because of some such nonsense about not being able to figure out the correct height clearance because parents might put children on their shoulders or something like that.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

I always jump over the eye stones too!!! People always look at me crazy too! The other one I dont know if anyone mentioned is the rope in the well, and the guy talks when you pull it.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Sock Puppet

In the film room, up on the ceiling behind the projector, is a tribute to the old Eyore parking lot (on which Indy is built on). there is a sign of him. This is very difficult to see in the dimmed light though. Also in the skeleton room, in the actual ride, there is a skeleton standing up against the wall that has mouse ears on and he is called Mr. Bones.

• So!

I usually never do because the line moves so fast, if I take the time to avoid what I want, then I'll probably hold the line up.

Still not sure though, maybe I'll do it just for fun next time.

• Minion

I really try to, just to be submerged in everything that's so great about the ride. But the line always moves too fast. Next time I should just hold up the line. And when others complain, i'll just ask them, "Have you ever seen a cursed victim?!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast