Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney!

Fantasyland Theater

Forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious (I have not been to DL in 2 years), but what is the current use of the Fantasyland Theater?

I ask because as I was looking on Google Earth, I realized how much space it takes up. I then thought of how it could be used for a fairly large new attraction. When last I saw it, it was a princes fair thing. I think that could be sacrificed for a new attraction, but if there's a show in there...then maybe not.

Here's the Google Earth photo.
    I included the IASW Show building to show how something very substantial could be there. The room from the theaters absence alone would be enough, but add any unused space over in the BBQ area, and you have room for an E-ticket!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Re: Fantasyland Theater

If I'm not mistaken, that space is currently used for the character meet-and-greet called Princess Fantasy Fair. (Or is it Princess Fun Faire?).
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Is the giant grey thing behing IASW an entirely dedicated show building? That's huge!

Never realized how large it was......

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that space is currently used for the character meet-and-greet called Princess Fantasy Fair. (Or is it Princess Fun Faire?).
    Oh, then I just became even more excited for my idea! It seams like an awfully large area to be taken up by only a meet -n- greet, so I purpose a new section of Fantasyland!

Yellow/Gold represents the walkways, which would filter somehow into BTR.
    Blue represents the old Skyway Station, which would be renovated into a restaurant, keeping as many of the big trees near it as possible.
    Red represents a brand new dark ride: Beauty and the Beast.

Black, represents the maintenance road.
    Grey would be the tunnel.

The entire area (represented by color Green) would be woodsy. The idea being, that you would feel like you were walking through the Alps. On one side, would be what appears to be an old castle (housing Beauty and the Beast), and the other is an alpine restaurant with views of the rest of Fantasyland. I think this would transition fairly well going into FrL.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsplash View Post
    Blue represents the old Skyway Station, which would be renovated into a restaurant, keeping as many of the big trees near it as possible.

The entire area (represented by color Green) would be woodsy. The idea being, that you would feel like you were walking through the Alps. On one side, would be what appears to be an old castle (housing Beauty and the Beast), and the other is an alpine restaurant with views of the rest of Fantasyland. I think this would transition fairly well going into FrL.
    Cool idea, however, I think the show building might need to be somewhat bigger.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    or just make the ride small jk
    i still just think they should just constantly have a show there
    like they do at DCA with aladdin
    the beauty and the beast and pocahontas shows were both fantastic
    haha i was just typing this not even 5 minutes ago
    wow i get sooo distracted
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Dreams Do Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsplash View Post

Well most of that is necessary backstage areas. For instance right in back of PFF is a storage area for alot of HMH stuff and there is a CM breakroom there as well as custodial closets and a BRAND NEW freezer for ODV soo yeaahh.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Perhaps bigger but not taller. You can already see part of the top of the PFF tent behind the castle as you walk down Main Street. So while it would be great if it were torn down, the show building that replaces it must be shorter in height than the PFF tent.

As far as overall size I think it's enough room for a modest dark ride. Look at the buildings surrounding the castle. Each one of those buildings contain two or three dark rides and they are not all that big of a building.

Anyways. This us the best idea I've seen so far for this area!

• Drunk On Disney!

I disagree. Rodger Rabbit CS is a fairly lengthy dark ride, and it doesn't feel small inside like some FL dark rides do. It's show building is clearly visible in the picture, and you can see how easily it would fit in the area I purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    Well most of that is necessary backstage areas. For instance right in back of PFF is a storage area for alot of HMH stuff and there is a CM breakroom there as well as custodial closets and a BRAND NEW freezer for ODV soo yeaahh.
    Hmmm.. Good point, but I won't fold yet! If the lessons from WDW and NOS were applied, the CM areas and such would be underground. In my rendering, I accounted for the utility road by putting it underground. I thought that the rest of the backstage area could underground too, but I didn't feel like coloring it in. Some of the dark ride could go down as well (just like LM).

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Perhaps bigger but not taller. You can already see part of the top of the PFF tent behind the castle as you walk down Main Street. So while it would be great if it were torn down, the show building that replaces it must be shorter in height than the PFF tent.

As far as overall size I think it's enough room for a modest dark ride. Look at the buildings surrounding the castle. Each one of those buildings contain two or three dark rides and they are not all that big of a building.

Anyways. This us the best idea I've seen so far for this area!
    Yea, definitely not taller, but as I said before, utilize underground as much as possible.

Thanks BTW!

• Minion

Yes the gray building behind "it's a small world" façade is the show building for "it's a small world."

Painted "no-see green" on the walls.

• Banned User

Better yet, resurrect the mine train ride in frontierland, demolish the BTRBBQ and build a large burm for the mine ride. Snake the mine ride around the burm about 2 stories above the floor level for the land expansion in fantasyland. Build a large show building in the burm at floor level below the mine ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Yes the gray building behind "it's a small world" façade is the show building for "it's a small world."

Painted "no-see green" on the walls.

Wow that building looks like 1/2 the size of toontown. I'm definitely looking for that next time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Better yet, resurrect the mine train ride in frontierland, demolish the BTRBBQ and build a large burm for the mine ride. Snake the mine ride around the burm about 2 stories above the floor level for the land expansion in fantasyland. Build a large show building in the burm at floor level below the mine ride.
    Thank God someone on this site finally agrees with something I want to see happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Wow that building looks like 1/2 the size of toontown. I'm definitely looking for that next time.
    Inside the park, any view of the "it's a small world" show building is pretty blocked by the façade of "it's a small world" and assorted trees and landscaping. I think you can only see the building from outside the park and in areas most people don't go to. (Unlike the Indiana Jones building, which is sitting in front of your face as you're waiting for the tram.)

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    That's a good idea! It's kind of like how the Subs go under Autopia and the Monorail. hmmm... and with Beauty and the Beast taking up room near the Toontown RR station, what if we moved that to Frontierland! That would leave us with this...

The Yellow line is the total Frontier expansion.
    Blue is the space UNDER the new Frontierland area, which would be the underground show building for Beauty and the Beast.
    The Red line shows how a facade for the dark ride would hide whatever is in the FrL area.
    Green is the edge of the possible mine train ride.
    The Orange box next to the RR is the new Frontierland Station.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Is the giant grey thing behing IASW an entirely dedicated show building? That's huge!

Never realized how large it was......
    yup
    it's a good size ride
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast