Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Re: A fix for Screamin's scream tubes (with "concept art")

Quote Originally Posted by Seant926 View Post
    Ummm I think the new tubes would be just as much as an eyesore as the present ones. I actually like the ones used right now, but you are right that they don't belnd with the Victorian feel. The tubes used right now look beautiful with the ferris wheel at night
    Do you work for the mouse? haha

I dunno, I think many people feel that they just wont fit in with the asthetic of the new Victorian Pier. They are far to modern looking.

Hey AGD! Our arguing got you to the front page!

• Banned User

You two need a time out for all this arguing...lol
    just to throw in my two cents, I think that the screamtubes are potentially going to be a hassle to remove, and then add new, so with the rounded look, I just vote for just repainting them to fit into the Victorian theme, and then during the potential phase II when Screamin' gets a new entrance, take the Tubes down, and add a box look, instead of a circle. the open side of the park can have the lattice work TrevorD was talking about, and the backside can be a white/red/blue/green/etc. wall. The inside can contain popcorn-strung lights that illuminate as the trains rises up the hill.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    just to throw in my two cents, I think that the screamtubes are potentially going to be a hassle to remove, and then add new, so with the rounded look, I just vote for just repainting them to fit into the Victorian theme, and then during the potential phase II when Screamin' gets a new entrance, take the Tubes down, and add a box look, instead of a circle. the open side of the park can have the lattice work TrevorD was talking about, and the backside can be a white/red/blue/green/etc. wall. The inside can contain popcorn-strung lights that illuminate as the trains rises up the hill.
    We are getting along fine now (I think?).

Not a mural fan either eh?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    We are getting along fine now (I think?).

Not a mural fan either eh?
    Haha good to hear...I didn't feel like bolting you to the floor of It's a Small World anyways...

And if I saw some artwork for it, I'll have an opinion, so I'm unbiased on this so far. Honestly, anything different than the scream tubes will make me happy (even a repaint, I hate that godawful teal color).

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Haha good to hear...I didn't feel like bolting you to the floor of It's a Small World anyways...

And if I saw some artwork for it, I'll have an opinion, so I'm unbiased on this so far. Honestly, anything different than the scream tubes will make me happy (even a repaint, I hate that godawful teal color).
    I'm not as teal-phobic as everyone else, but I do love deep reds and dark greens.

And hey, I like its a small world. Expecially if it means I was at Disneyland.

• Banned User

I'm not as teal-phobic as everyone else, but I do love deep reds and dark greens.

And hey, I like its a small world. Expecially if it means I was at Disneyland.
    Yea, the deep red would look great on Screamin, not so sure about the green..I've always thought the dark greens need to stay @ Grizzly Peak..but then again, the new railings @ Paradise Park are dark green, and they look good, so I guess it's all good!
    And I like Small World too...and being @ DL definitely isn't a bad thing lol

• Senior Minion

I think they should just make it mostly white with some burgundy and dark blue accents. Any solid color other then white won't look very Victorian. Also mostly white will make MFW stand out as nicely against the coaster background.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Yea, the deep red would look great on Screamin, not so sure about the green..I've always thought the dark greens need to stay @ Grizzly Peak..but then again, the new railings @ Paradise Park are dark green, and they look good, so I guess it's all good!
    And I like Small World too...and being @ DL definitely isn't a bad thing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think they should just make it mostly white with some burgundy and dark blue accents. Any solid color other then white won't look very Victorian. Also mostly white will make MFW stand out as nicely against the coaster background.
    I meant in general seeing as that teal is widly used. As for Screamin' It needs to stay white, but the beams need to be made to look more like white painted wood. Red (burgundy) trim on it would look good too but dark green would definitly not fit. Blue and red accents such as flags might be a nice touch.

• Banned User

I meant in general seeing as that teal is widly used. As for Screamin' It needs to stay white, but the beams need to be made to look more like white painted wood. Red (burgundy) trim on it would look good too but dark green would definitly not fit. Blue and red accents such as flags might be a nice touch.
    that's true. Screamin' needs to avoid the dark green, but the red and blue would be nice. Painted wood would (haha) make it look more, well, wooden! And I'd like to see archways over the walkways underneath the coaster.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

that's true. Screamin' needs to avoid the dark green, but the red and blue would be nice. Painted wood would (haha) make it look more, well, wooden! And I'd like to see archways over the walkways underneath the coaster.
    I wouldnt even recomend they use real wood, but they definitly could find something (like the material used in toontown, but made to look real instead of cartoonish) to cover the obviously steel supports.

• Banned User

I think they should just put a new sign in front of the entrance to the ride saying:
    "California Scream'n: please refrain from screaming"
    that way they can take away all those ugly scream tubes and not bother all the residents nearby.
    :P

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    I think they should just put a new sign in front of the entrance to the ride saying:
    "California Scream'n: please refrain from screaming"
    that way they can take away all those ugly scream tubes and not bother all the residents nearby.
    :P
    Disneys Ducttape Coaster

• Armchair Imagineer

Sorry if I wasn't clear--the ideas being tossed around would be for the phase II retheming of Screamin (hopefully we don't have to wait that long!).

I'm actually not so fond of the box look--since the track is so sinusoidal, the boxy tops would clash. With the lattice or the colonnade with the arches, the curvilinearity would be preserved and would blend more harmoniously with the architecture of the track.

And, definitely, lots of popcorn lights!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567