Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Should they keep Jenifer Lewis (crazy hair lady) in Star Tours II?

Quote Originally Posted by rollrcostrfrk807 View Post
    Why not just keep our video the way it is?
    well i understand the wanting to leave it alone because it was the original video..but i say go big or go home.. why give us a big spfx laden attraction only to have the original opening safety spiel..? first off to me it wreaks of a dirty word called budget cuts it would also be lazy.bring her back to reshoot a new video thats cool, but no ewoks or mon calalmri or reeyees,it was totaly 80s and totaly retun of the jedi cutesie to capiltalize on lusas franchince with in a franchise the ewoks. cant wait this is gonna be one of the better things they have done to tommorowland since star tours became a staple

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Sure, I vote to keep her!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Absolutely, she needs to be in Star Tours II. Teek (small monkey looking creature) needs to appear again as well.

• Shablagoo!

Just a straight forward picture for any who aren't watching the videos.

• Seasick

I say yes, bring her back in a new video. Maybe she's an admiral or something now, but with the same hair.

I can't imagine keeping the old video, from a story or aesthetics perspective.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Take away her Mickey Ears?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    well i understand the wanting to leave it alone because it was the original video..but i say go big or go home.. why give us a big spfx laden attraction only to have the original opening safety spiel..? first off to me it wreaks of a dirty word called budget cuts it would also be lazy.bring her back to reshoot a new video thats cool, but no ewoks or mon calalmri or reeyees,it was totaly 80s and totaly retun of the jedi cutesie to capiltalize on lusas franchince with in a franchise the ewoks. cant wait this is gonna be one of the better things they have done to tommorowland since star tours became a staple
    You say go big or go home yet you are advocating a video of an older lady introducing an attraction that is suppose take us into the 21st century and out of the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I say yes, bring her back in a new video. Maybe she's an admiral or something now, but with the same hair.

I can't imagine keeping the old video, from a story or aesthetics perspective.
    Wouldn't make sense, she is a flight attendant. How is an admiral thematically correct in an airport?

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    So...there are no old people in space?
    There are old people in space, doesn't mean old people are flight attendants trying to present something to vacationers.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-16-2009 at 09:48 PM.

• Faerie Godmother

I've got news for you, Seawolf...there are middle-aged and old people in the 21st Century. Strange but true!
    More to Disneyland than meets the eye? You don't know the half of it...
    Knights of the Magic Kingdom

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    I've got news for you, Seawolf...there are middle-aged and old people in the 21st Century. Strange but true!
    Yet you still aren't grasping what I'm saying. This is a presentation for a new state of the art attraction. Do you see old women advertising cars, no? The same goes for flight attendants; it's why every Star Tours out there has a young person introducing the attraction.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    There are old people in space, doesn't mean old people are flight attendants trying to present something to vacationers.
    Well if we are making the attraction modern, the fact is nine times out of ten they are...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uR2707C818]YouTube - Pam Ann One World Alliance - Valerie American Airlines[/ame]

(Warning, bad accent and big hair..)

• Faerie Godmother

Seawolf, you may not be aware of this, but it is illegal in the United States to discriminate against flight attendants on the basis of age, provided they can do the job.

But you're making an excellent case for casting her in a different, more awesome role altogether, such as admiral or Star Tours corporate officer.
    More to Disneyland than meets the eye? You don't know the half of it...
    Knights of the Magic Kingdom

• Kingdom Comedian

As a comedian who flies quite a bit, I can assure you that there are plenty of older flight attendants out there "presenting something" to vacationers. (Many of them far more busted looking than this gal)

Besides, that could be PART of the joke...20 years and still at the same dead end job. There is more potential for story and REWARDING long time fans of the attraction without alienating newcomers to the attraction.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    Seawolf, you may not be aware of this, but it is illegal in the United States to discriminate against flight attendants on the basis of age, provided they can do the job.

But you're making an excellent case for casting her in a different, more awesome role altogether, such as admiral or Star Tours corporate officer.
    Karalora, you may not be aware of this but regardless of the law, companies still do what you are saying isn't allowed.

Yes, I think they should have her somewhere else in the attraction but not as a flight attendant before you board.

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    As a comedian who flies quite a bit, I can assure you that there are plenty of older flight attendants out there "presenting something" to vacationers. (Many of them far more busted looking than this gal)

Besides, that could be PART of the joke...20 years and still at the same dead end job. There is more potential for story and REWARDING long time fans of the attraction without alienating newcomers to the attraction.
    There are exceptions for everything but no one can deny that the ideal candidate for this kind of position would be a young lady in her prime, just like she was depicted in the 80's and every Star Tours after that.

The very idea you want to turn the so called "new" Star Tours into nastalgic comedy isn't a step in the right direction. Any other theme besides TOMORROWland would be acceptable because it deals with past themes.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-16-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Well if anyone hasn't noticed, the new ship is now called the StarSpeeder 1000. Sounds like a prequel, therefore if they do ask her to do it, she actually is supposed to be younger than she already was. That is, if she does play the exact same character, now, it could be that she could be a different character who looks like the old video, but from a time before the old video was made. I say whoever does it should make ABSOLUTE CERTAIN they exaggerate their eyebrow movements, thats all the homage I need. If they recycle the video, they will update the logo to the newer one and get rid of that 80s sounding jingle that sounds like Disney Home Video intros. Im not saying get rid of the star tours jingle altogether, I love that sound, but update it so it doesnt sound like a midi in the video. Also, I bet they will sprinkle in some Spanish somewhere as captions or something. I guess space mountain didn't do that though. But maybe 3PO can speak a little Spanish while you enter since he's supposed to know languages anyway.

• Kingdom Comedian

There are exceptions for everything but no one can deny that the ideal candidate for this kind of position would be a young lady in her prime, just like she was depicted in the 80's and every Star Tours after that.

The very idea you want to turn the so called "new" Star Tours into nastalgic comedy isn't a step in the right direction. Any other theme besides TOMORROWland would be acceptable because it deals with past themes.
    No need to be ageist..you're getting on a ride...not selling Axe Body Spray...it doesn't have to be some young, sexy thing...sheesh.

And unless I completely misread Jar Jar Binx, R2-D2, C3P0, and a host of other over the top comic characters...the Star Wars movies are replete with comedy. So there's nothing inappropriate about that at all. Plus a ride based on 30+ year old movies is by it's very nature nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by dl3000 View Post
    Well if anyone hasn't noticed, the new ship is now called the StarSpeeder 1000. Sounds like a prequel...
    You would be hard pressed to find two sentences to make me sadder than those two right there
    Last edited by timbabbcomedian; 11-17-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell "ageist"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast