• We Go On.

DCA Contraction? Deletion FFF and Bountiful Valley Farm, Addition of Sonoma Square

I'll start off by admitting that I'm just a bit biased, as I live in Sonoma County. But look past that.

Presently, the plans for a road to travel around the back of Flick's Fun Fair to Carsland are very awkward. My idea is to do away with Flick's Fun Fair and Bountiful Valley Farm, and build Sonoma Square where Bountiful Valley Farm is. I would use only about a third of Flick's Fun Fair for the transition between the three areas (Sonoma Square, Hollywoodland, and Carsland).

Here is a visual:

The service roads have been re-routed slightly, the only change being that one goes in front of the dark ride show building (more on that later).

For Sonoma Square, I have created a grassy park with a huge Oak tree in the center. Along the back side are shops and a quick service restaurant to make up for the loss of P.T. Flea's Market.

The attraction facade has its own street. I'm debating whether to make it mission-style or brick with white accents and ironwork railings. Either way, this is a solution for the Mystic Manor. Whether you get below ground by elevator or a more original way not used in the Haunted Mansion, it will bring guests underground to cross under the service road and into the new show building that takes the place of the ITTBAB building. Because of the relocation of the service road, there is about as much space as there is for TLM.

Yeah, the map is a bit off. But you get the idea.

Anywho, The hill adjacent to Carsland and ToT serves as a backdrop for Sonoma Square and, on the ToT side, for the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The trackless ride show building, being sunken, would lend itself to any shaped structure above it, so it would also be themed to a hill and would blend into the overpass of the pass over the service road. The larger hill next to Carsland would also be a large building for backstage or a future attraction.
    Last edited by WDITrent; 11-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.

• Minion

Re: DCA Contraction? Deletion FFF and Bountiful Valley Farm, Addition of Sonoma Squar

Do you work for Disney?

• Armchair Imagineer

Re: DCA Contraction? Deletion FFF and Bountiful Valley Farm, Addition of Sonoma Squar

I like it...I've never been a huge fan of BVF or FFF, so I think this is great for placemaking. However, I am actually rather fond of ITTBAB, so maybe the Mystic Manor reincarnation could be added next to it (better to have two attractions than one!).

You also might want to consider if you can do anything for young kids here--even though I never go to FFF, I can see why it exists. Could you work in some gentle rides for youngsters into a wine-country theme? Like, a similar mechanism to Heimlich's train, but an attractive train going through beautiful vineyards (with adorable animals for the kids). Hopefully the result would appeal to kids without lobotomizing the rest of us.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Can we theme it to NAPA VALLEY instead, OP? Just kidding.

• Senior Minion

I'd rather see another theme there, either a Chinatown or Spanish Colonial feel, but I agree with the idea that the Bugs stuff should eventually get replaced. Also, your map is a little off, Rt 66 to CL does not connect to PW and you also removed the Mater ride for a tree, I don't think that will work.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I thought it was an Oak Tree store.

• We Go On.

Added to the OP:

Yeah, the map is a bit off. But you get the idea.

Anywho, The hill adjacent to Carsland and ToT serves as a backdrop for Sonoma Square and, on the ToT side, for the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The trackless ride show building, being sunken, would lend itself to any shaped structure above it, so it would also be themed to a hill and would blend into the overpass of the pass over the service road. The larger hill next to Carsland would also be a large building for backstage or a future attraction.
    By the way, I do not work for Disney.

• Banned User

OOHHHHH The irony! I was thinking about this, and other DCA refurbs today after school! Haha I was trying to come up with something better than FFF and BVF...this would be PERFECT for this area! Giving the park the "agriculture" of CA, while plussing the area with well designed, and beautiful themeing.

• Hello

Cool Re: DCA Contraction? Deletion FFF and Bountiful Valley Farm, Addition of Sonoma Squar

First of, I'd like to say that I like it. This could be very interesting if executed in a very precise and detailed manor. It would give a nice little transition kind of area between all of the lands.

But thinking logically, what are younger kids supposed to do? The whole area was added on so that the park would be a little bit more kid friendly.
    Just a thought.

• We Go On.

^You know, I thought about that too. That's the one problem I have with the idea.