Food & Wine Festival from April 16 to May 31, 2010

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival takes place at Disney's California Adventure® Park from April 16 to May 31, 2010

I just found the dates listed above listed on the Disneyland site but not much more We went to the Taste event last year and had a good time. Is anyone going this year? Has anyone heard what seminars will be available and what dates?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Food & Wine Festival from April 16 to May 31, 2010

Wow.. i don't think Disney even knows yet what seminars are going to be held
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

It will be interesting to see what they have, now that Michael Jordan is gone.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Thats exactly what I was thinking...lol

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Oh I am sure that they know what events are going to be planned and what the dates are. Just the guest chefs will need to be confirmed. I am surprised that they made this year shorter than last year as all of the events seemed to be at maximum capacity and usually we don’t get to go as the event is earlier than when we go on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they have, now that Michael Jordan is gone.
    That is my biggest question.

I have been watching on disneys sight every few days from the time I started this thread. Here are the details is anyone going??

Signature Events

Signature Events** provide once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for food lovers to enjoy world-class cuisine — including cooking classes, wine tastings and dishes inspired by celebrity chefs.

Online registration for Signature Events starts February 16, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Please check back as we will be updating our schedule.

Celebrate "The Art of Flavor" and enjoy the following exciting Signature Events. On the menu for the fifth annual Festival:

Taste Food-Wine-Life Eat, drink and enjoy a celebration for all your senses! Experience the most anticipated event of the Festival in "grand-tasting" style.

Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010
    Time: 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
    Price: $135 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.

Advanced reservations are required — online registration for Signature Events begins February 16, 2010. Please check back for details.

Admission to Disney's California Adventure® Park is not required for this event. It is recommended that Guests be at least 21 years of age to attend this event.

Napa Rose Cooking School Led by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton, this very popular event takes place in the beautiful show kitchen of the Napa Rose restaurant on selected Saturday mornings during the Festival. Awaken your inner chef as you create your own culinary masterpiece, a gourmet four-course meal, which is enjoyed at the conclusion of the class.

Date: Saturdays, April 17, May 1, 8, 15 and 22
    Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
    Price: $475 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.

Advanced reservations are required — online registration for Signature Events begins February 16, 2010. Please check back for details.

Guests must be at least 18 years of age to attend this event. For your safety, closed-toe shoes and long pants are required.

Winemaker Dinners Raise a glass and toast the artistry of renowned winemakers. Select Friday evenings at Steakhouse 55, Chef Jason Martin creates an exceptional pairing menu to showcase outstanding wines and the winemakers who create them.

Date: Fridays, April 23, 30, May 14 and 21
    Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
    Price: $135 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.

Scheduled to Attend
    April 23: Jeff Stewart, Buena Vista Carneros
    April 30: Diana Schweiger, Schweiger Vineyards
    May 14: Don Hartford, Hartford Family Wines
    May 21: Groth Vineyards & Winery

NEW! Brewmaster Dinner The essential ingredients for this memorable evening include fresh seasonal fare artfully paired with quality, handcrafted beers from the Karl Strauss Brewing Company.

Dates: Friday, May 7
    Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
    Price: $110 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.

Sweet Sundays The sweetest event of the 2009 Festival is back and just as sweet as ever! Presented by Martini & Rossi and Ghiradelli, this event presents outstanding pastry chefs, bakers and chocolatiers on select Sunday mornings in the new Festival Showplace.

Date: Sundays, April 18, May 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
    Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
    Location: Festival Showplace, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Disney's California Adventure® Park
    Price: $70 per person, plus tax, gratuity included.

Theme Park admission is required for this event and is not included in the event price.

"Taste Wine Like an Expert" Select Saturday afternoons at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa. Join Advanced Sommelier Joy Cushing for a course that introduces you to the joys of wine tasting and the unique characteristics found in every glass. You will use your newfound skills to participate in a "blind tasting" to identify four different wines.

Dates: Saturdays, May 1, 8, 15 and 22
    Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Location: Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® Conference Center
    Price: $55 per person, plus tax, gratuity included.

Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event.

Seminars & Demonstrations

Learn about your favorite foods and wines as experts share their knowledge and passion. Reservations are not required. These events are first-come, first-seated and will fill up quickly. You are encouraged to arrive early. Queues will form outside of the venue.

Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars

Explore the exciting world of wine, beer and spirits by attending an educational seminar led by a noted winemaker, master brewer, distiller or Disneyland® Resort sommelier.

All events and schedules are subject to change without notice. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend wine, beer or spirits seminars, demonstrations and events. Please bring valid photo identification. Guests must purchase a tasting wristband to attend Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars. Wristbands are available for purchase in the queue before each seminar for $1.00, cash only, while supplies last.

Culinary Demonstrations

Enjoy delicious demonstrations with chefs from Disneyland® Resort and Downtown Disney® District, as well as from noted guest chefs and celebrity chefs. Watch the experts in action and learn new twists on timeless classics, the A to Zs of spices, essential cooking tips and more.

Junior Chef

Join the fun at this hands-on culinary experience designed for aspiring chefs ages 11 and under.

Places to Discover

Enjoy the talents of artists and musicians, encourage your junior chef, or quench your thirst from an international beer menu at the Brewers Collection. Located in Stage 12, the Festival Showplace lets you sample the delicious tapas menu at the "Taste of California" Marketplace; attend an event, demonstration or seminar; shop for unique merchandise; or purchase from a vast selection of wines showcased at the Festival's seminars and events.

Festival Welcome Center

Located in the entrance plaza of Disney's California Adventure® Park, the Festival Welcome Center is the hub for all up-to-date Festival information including daily event schedules and Signature Event reservations (if available).

Festival Artisans

Be sure to visit the local artisans while browsing an array of culinary and wine-inspired crafts, original art, and gourmet home and food products. Located in the Pacific Wharf.

Festival-Inspired Dining

Enjoy unique Festival foods created especially for Disney's California Food & Wine Festival and welcome back some of your favorites. Delicious Festival-inspired items are available throughout Disney's California Adventure® Park. Expertly paired wines and beer may also be available for purchase.

Selected Disneyland® Resort restaurants will offer prix-fixe dining options highlighting the tastes celebrated at the Fifth Annual Disney's California Food & Wine Festival.

Festival Wine Walks

Your passport to the wines of the world! Take a tasting tour of the finest wine regions and travel the globe without ever leaving the Festival. Each walk allows you to purchase a tasting passport and select up to four tastes from around the world, or from a single region.

Festival Beer Walk

Celebrate the fine art of beer-making and sample amazing ales, lagers and craft beer from around the globe.

Brewer's Collection

Enjoy a wide selection of international beer and Festival treats. Selected beers are available by the glass.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

The winemakers dinners are pretty good. But do the featured people this year have any connection with Disney? I guess I could google their names to find out more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hakuna Matata!

I will have to try one of the wine walks this year. I have yet to find a wine that I like. maybe I'm just a beer and Jagermeister kinda gal anyone want to be my Designated Driver?

I might go.... since for some strange reason everytime i go is during that festival.... weird lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Might be interesting to add this into the Gumball Rally somehow.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!