• Disney Pinapple Princess

Ap Monthly payments??

So, I haven't been on the threads for a while, so forgive me if this has been addressed already.

This past January I went down the monthly paymen route to afford my PAP renewal and I wanted to know if any one has heard if they will be continuing it next year or not. Any Info would be great.
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• Disney Fan

Re: Ap Monthly payments??

TO be honest I really hope not. There are too many APer's as it is. I think that is part of the huge problem with no more off seasons. I think it made a trip to Disneyland much more affordable for people. Seriously it is a drop in the bucket each month.

And before I get flamed I am a Deluxe APer and have been since May 2007.
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope it is so my friend can get them again next year, we started to go this past year and it has been great but most of them dont want to have to pay the 300 up front so lets hope they keep it, I'd rather have more people than not going at all.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Stop me if you've heard this one:

A Duck and an Ape walk into a bar and order the same Top-shelf drink.....the bartender charges the Duck $9.00 and the Ape .50 cents.

The Duck says "hey, why does he only have to pay .50 cents? Why am I paying 18 times as much!!!?

The bartender says "but he comes in here all the time, so I give him a discount".

"Yeah, but a discount is 5% - 10%, maybe even 20%.....you're giving him 94% off!!!!" Implores the Duck. "If you can afford to give him so much and still make money what kind of mark-up are you charging me?"

"Make money?" bristles the bartender, "I am not making any money off of the Ape, why do you think I have to charge you so much?"

The Duck quacks off in a huff.

"Lost another one you did" snorted the Ape. "You know, this place is really going down hill".

"I know, I know, looks like I am going to have to offer more discounts to me regulars just to stay afloat" mumbles the bartender.

"Hiccup" spits the Ape.
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 11-18-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Just got my AP Renewal papers from Disney and they still have the monthly payments. You have to go onto the internet to do the monthly payments but otherwise you mail in your credit card payment, or check payment. Sadly they still have the Socal cards....

• Nerd

Smile Re: Ap Monthly payments??

Quote Originally Posted by aurora1729 View Post
    So, I haven't been on the threads for a while, so forgive me if this has been addressed already.

This past January I went down the monthly paymen route to afford my PAP renewal and I wanted to know if any one has heard if they will be continuing it next year or not. Any Info would be great.
    Most Likey it will continue. No rumors on "the inside" that it would be discontinued.

Now the FREE BIRTHDAY thing...that's a done deal and main gate CM's are counting the days till its over and planning an unbirthday celebration.

• Circle of Ancients

Before this turns into another "AP's Good/AP's Bad" thread:

No news has been released regarding the discontinuation of the payment plans. My guess is, if people are getting renewal letters that still have the payment plan option, they are still going on and will be for the foreseeable future. They are being offered at the parks still as well.

we just got our AP's (using the mo. payments) last week at DL. for us, its a blessing, since we love DL but its so out of our price range. I can see both sides of the argument.
    if i cant be a good example, let me be a horrible warning

Nothing wrong with payment plans on the two more expensive passes, IMO. But payment plans on $144 (now $164)? That's insane.

Personally, I have no problem with the payment plans, I just rather they get rid of payment plans for the SoCal APs.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

I've been an AP holder before, and I intend to be one again, in the not-too-distant future. When the wife, daughter and I got passes we always got a Deluxe pass for each of them and a Premium pass for me - so that it would include the discounts and parking. Right now, the only way we can really afford to renew those passes is with the monthly payment option. But, we will continue to get the Deluxe and Premium passports.

With the payment plan available on the two least expensive passports, anybody (and everybody) can just throw out a few buck to get into the parks, and the 'thriftier' guests visit the parks by the masses, along with the rest of us. When the parks get that crowded, it's a lot let fun for everybody there. Also, those people who are only willing to go to the park if they can get in for a song, aren't necessarily going to bring the same spirit with them, or respect the park or other guests as much as those of us who are willing to pay full price - even if over time. Restricting the payment plan to the Deluxe and Premium AP's would definitely help thin out the crowds give guests some breathing room in the parks.

Also, I believe that once the upgrades to DCA, and the additional multi-level parking structure are complete, some of the problem will be relieved by a better balance of attendance numbers between the parks. I could even see the audience for Fanstasmic! shows being eerily sparse, compared to before, since a lot of people will be clamoring to see WoC at the same time.
    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 11-20-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Proving that I actually do have a grasp of the English language
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!