• Sock Puppet

Question AP Hotel Discount?

When my family bought our AP's for this year, the CM at the desk told us that we got a discount of some amount on the DLR hotels. Following this up on the AP website, we found the number to call to find out about the specials. Sadly, the number given there had too many digits to be called, so we went and found the AP Info Line number. After calling, the person we were talking to would not confirm nor deny that these discounts exist, and instead kept referring to the 'fall special' that anyone could get (not an AP thing . . .).
    [we got the Deluxe AP's if that makes a difference =P]

And so . . .
    Is there a special AP discount for the DLR hotels?
    If so, what are the details?
    Last edited by MewTails; 11-18-2009 at 06:35 PM.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

Re: AP Hotel Discount?

Not sure if this answers your question but my aunt is a premium APer and was told she would get discounts on the hotels. We are going on Dec 13-15 this year and when we went to book online the price on the regular website was cheaper than the price listed on AP website. We thought it was strange that they would charge MORE with the AP than the "commoners" (including myself). My aunt called and inquired about the difference and they couldn't give her a straight answer!?
    Not sure why but hope it gives some insight...

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by vic_ster1047 View Post
    Not sure if this answers your question but my aunt is a premium APer and was told she would get discounts on the hotels. We are going on Dec 13-15 this year and when we went to book online the price on the regular website was cheaper than the price listed on AP website. We thought it was strange that they would charge MORE with the AP than the "commoners" (including myself). My aunt called and inquired about the difference and they couldn't give her a straight answer!?
    Not sure why but hope it gives some insight...
    Exactly! That's pretty much what happened to us.
    It's very confusing :/

&Thanks ^^

Go to the AP page on the website and look at the left side of the page and find "Hotel Availability Calendar". It will show you the best AP prices at the different hotels. They have a limited number of rooms available at this price, which might explain why the prices at times seem higher than the "regular" prices. Then go to "Special Offers" on the AP page and see what code they want you to mention. Right now, for reservations through 12/23/09 you have to mention AP8 when you call. Thats all there is to it. They really do want you to mention the "code word".
    Last edited by Minnie Momma; 11-18-2009 at 07:19 PM.

• no flash photography...

I called for the discounted rates. The were not that discounted. 2 nights at the GCH was $795.00 and the other two came in $500+ for two nights. This was midweek.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Here's the link to Mousesavers.com regarding Disneyland Hotels AP discounts.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by MewTails View Post
    When my family bought our AP's for this year, the CM at the desk told us that we got a discount of some amount on the DLR hotels. Following this up on the AP website, we found the number to call to find out about the specials. Sadly, the number given there had too many digits to be called, so we went and found the AP Info Line number. After calling, the person we were talking to would not confirm nor deny that these discounts exist, and instead kept referring to the 'fall special' that anyone could get (not an AP thing . . .).
    [we got the Deluxe AP's if that makes a difference =P]

And so . . .
    Is there a special AP discount for the DLR hotels?
    If so, what are the details?
    We started using AP's 2 years ago as we could buy the Premium AP and with the discount from the rack rate we can usually stay for less than what ever the package price is and we get the discounts while we are at the parks. We usually stay the first week in June for 7 or 8 days.

• Sock Puppet

Awesome! Thanks so much you guys! =D

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OK, AP Holders ALWAYS get 10% off the RACK Rate at the three Disney owned hotels, which is really expensive.

They also have "specials" at certain times of the year (subject to availability) that are very well tracked by Mousesavers.com. This is a much better deal, but only offered during the slower periods of the year.

Also don't forget the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel on Harbor also offers a 20% discount for AP holders, sometimes more. (And don't forget the MiceChat specials).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com