Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Which ride has the best ending?

I enjoyed all your responses to which ride has the oddest ending - Snow White wins, with Toad coming in second...

Now, which ride do you think has the best ending? That was a subthread in my original post, so I thought we could do it justice here.

There are so many rides very well done. I really like Indy's end with the huge boulder and then Indy standing by the door disgusted with the 'tourists' who got in the way!

And I love the Jungle Cruises's "Get out!... Oh, I'm sorry. That was rude. Please, get out!" I use that a lot in real life!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• We Want The Redhead

Re: Which ride has the best ending?

Personally, I never get enough time to really take in all of Geppetto's work shop at the end of Pinocchio. I always wish I could break down there so I could really take it all in!
    I also love Toad's hell.
    As a kid I would hang around at the exit of Carousel Of Progress original EPCOT table model until CMs would chase me away. That was a true favorite also.
    As a kid. I also was severly affected by the giant looming eye peering at me from that microscope at the end of Adventures Through Inner Space.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

For all my respect, I have to disagree with you. I think that either of the Lucasfilm attractions or Splash Mountain have to be it as far as a satisfying conclusion goes.

• Circle of Ancients

I agree with Pinnochio. I'd love to get stuck in the workshop sometime to take it all in.

But my favorite is Haunted Mansion. "Hurry Back ... Hurry Back ... Be sure to bring your DEATH ... Certificate".

• Minion

Of the current attractions, Splash Mountain has the best ending, in my opinion. Adventure thru Inner Space did have that eye peering at you, which creeped out most people but for some reason it didn't bother me. But it was still a cool effect. The Progress City at the end of Carousel of Progress was an astonishing model city, and I have read that a portion of it can still be seen at Walt Disney World. Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland had the beautiful Rainbow Caverns at the end. But I would say the all-time best ending is probably the Disneyland Railroad, because your ride on it never has to end, as long as the park is open.

• Disneyland fan since 1967

It's a very close call, but I would vote for Splash Mountain, with Haunted Mansion a strong and enduring second place finisher. There's something about taking that 52-foot plunge down into the final, wondrous cavern, and being treated to a rousing chorus of Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah. It's like warm chocolate cake topped with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream!

• Animatronic

For current attractions, perhaps Haunted Mansion. This is taking into account the whole final experience right out into New Orleans Square. Exiting into a theme appropriate land and having some sort of exit show is paramount to a quality finish.

In the past, I think I was most amazed by Carousel of Progress where you got to walk up onto the stage and up into the future. Talk about an exepected finish!
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Progress City at the end of Carousel of Progress was an astonishing model city, and I have read that a portion of it can still be seen at Walt Disney World.
    This is true. You can see it when you ride WDW's PeopleMover (the first building you go into... it's on the right hand side).

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i would have to agree with splash mountain

it's like after you fall to your doom
    everyone is singing "zip-a-dee-do-dah, zip-a-dee-aye, my oh my what a wonderful day..."

it's kind of funny imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Fantasmic!

Soarin' Over California is really cool with the fireworks over Christmastime Disneyland!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

oh that's true i forgot about soarin'....
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Of the current attractions, Splash Mountain has the best ending, in my opinion. Adventure thru Inner Space did have that eye peering at you, which creeped out most people but for some reason it didn't bother me. But it was still a cool effect. The Progress City at the end of Carousel of Progress was an astonishing model city, and I have read that a portion of it can still be seen at Walt Disney World. Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland had the beautiful Rainbow Caverns at the end. But I would say the all-time best ending is probably the Disneyland Railroad, because your ride on it never has to end, as long as the park is open.
    You can see Progress City the first video in this thread ...

Sir Clinksalot's WDW Attraction Video Thread

• in the Golden Afternoon

I'd have to say Indiana Jones or Splash Mountain. My favorite ride is Pirates, and the end of the ride is quite anti-climactic, but I absolutely love walking out of the bayou right into New Orleans Square. :]

• Nerd

Thumbs up Re: Which ride has the best ending?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    You can see Progress City the first video in this thread ...

Sir Clinksalot's WDW Attraction Video Thread

Great video. I like the music, it fits it perfectly. I love the way the people mover makes it way through other rides and shops etc. looking down on the hutle bustle.

• Disneylander in Arizona!

My personal favorite, would have to be Star Tours. Getting to do lightspeed at the end, experiencing the attack on the death star and the overall feeling the ride leaves you with in my opinion is my favorite, but Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion are a close second and third for me.
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***Next trip to the Disneyland® Resort***
    ***May 9, 2012***

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast