• Boat shoes all day long

Disneyland does not have a shopping pass!

DISNEYLAND HAS DISCONTINUED THE ONE-HOUR SHOPPING PASS INDEFINITELY.

I REPEAT, DISNEYLAND RESORT IN ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA NO LONGER OFFERS A 1-HOUR SHOPPING PASS IN EITHER OF ITS PARKS.

This past Friday the 13th, the DLR officially kicked off the Christmas season. Characters were in full force, apparently, dressed in their holiday best. Menorah Mickey, Garland Goofy – that whole thing. Monica and I were en route to San Elijo State Beach for a camping trip/surfing safari and thought we would take a detour and check out the grounds. We parked in the Downtown Disney parking lot, which was free for the first three hours.

After asking a line leader, two cast members at the ticket booths, one cast member at the turnstiles and another at the permanent “outside” souvenir stand, it was very clear that as of last year, THE ONE-HOUR SHOPPING PASS HAD BEEN DISCONTINUED. This little known secret would have been a great opportunity for us to get some Disney Christmas merchandise and see the castle in all its snowy glory – but alas, it was not meant to be.

One cast member tried to use the excuse that people were using the pass and just staying in the park all day, rather than coming out at or before their time limit of sixty minutes. The policy used to be that they would swipe a major credit card or debit card with purchasing power. Your card was charged. If you returned prior to the time limit, you would get the full amount of the ticket refunded to your card. If you did not, nothing happened, and your card remained charged for the amount of a one-day park ticket. No loss to Disney in any way. So it appears the real reason this was discontinued is due to the availability of merchandise at Downtown Disney. World of Disney has ALMOST everything you would find in the park, thus making an hour sprint through the place, providing you are doing it to actually shop, useless.

It was as if some unseen ethical force knew we just wanted to take a photo in front of the castle and try and get to the HM for one quick go-round. Either way, it was worth a shot and was informative. Just being there, getting in on the spirit and eating some cheese fries and chicken tenders at ESPN Zone was enough for me!

See below for some photos from the day:

Icing on the cake

Shut the gates, and lock 'em tight!

Sorry Friend, he said to me, all full today.

The tears didn't come until I realized somebody was driving guests through the temple, dodging the most formidable of snakes and poison dart-shooting skeletons.

I bet these look pretty cool in the night time.

Back to the parking lot...

Goodbye Disneyland...

...and Hello beach!

Piggy backin around San Elijo SB. The next time you guys are looking for a campsite, check out this beach. Best.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland does not have a shopping pass!

I believe they discontinued it about a year ago; there were numerous threads about it. Sorry for the disappointment.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Boat shoes all day long

Definitely - I had heard that along with the opposite so many times that I needed to just roll up and see what the deal was. Good info to know!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Minion

My stepmother used to love to go shopping along Main Street in the 1970s. She would just buy a general admission ticket. Back then there was a lot of variety and depth among the merchandise available. She was upset when they got rid of general admission + ticket books and switched over to the unlimited passport. She would have loved the one-hour pass.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Bummer about the shoppers pass although we got to use it once. But I liked your little trip report from the other side of the gates. Love your surfing picture with your holiday hats on.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    My stepmother used to love to go shopping along Main Street in the 1970s. She would just buy a general admission ticket. Back then there was a lot of variety and depth among the merchandise available. She was upset when they got rid of general admission + ticket books and switched over to the unlimited passport. She would have loved the one-hour pass.
    My mom used to do this on occasion too. But anlot of times she would buy a ticket book too just so I could get extra E and D tickets for the day. Mom, you rocked!

Sorry to hear about your disappointment about the cancellation of the shopping pass. Though I can tell you first hand that there is usually more complications with a shopping pass than not. I think a good half of our guests came back over the time limit and had their own stories as to why they weren't able to meet the time frame. Sometimes it was legit, most of the time it wasn't. Point being, I'm surprised the shopping pass hasn't seen more retirement across theme parks in general.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Wow, I thought those were gone a long time ago! Just like the $2.00 monorail round-trip hotel-to-hotel trip locked in the 'caboose'. lol

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Wow, I thought those were gone a long time ago! Just like the $2.00 monorail round-trip hotel-to-hotel trip locked in the 'caboose'. lol
    I sure remeber doing that ...that was fun..and thos days
    the firworks around 9:00pm in the Summer so if lucky and do it right
    you saw the fireworks from the back cab.....
    That good old day's
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

just go to the world if disney store, they pretty much have everything in there that disneyland has

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

I never heard or seen them
    just know about the Small 25.00 Shop and dine passes

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by salasavandy View Post
    just go to the world if disney store, they pretty much have everything in there that disneyland has
    which is sad.
    Disney needs to return to Park only merchandise and put themed merchandise back in the store (stuff you'd only find in the store...not in every store, DTD and now online)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think last October is when it stopped.