Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• DL Obsessed

Re: Biggest rip off at Disney.

First off, i think we can all be sensable and not just say, "well then dont go".

I think that the worst VALUE for your money is some of the food. I have no problem with the price, and if i were in charge, i would keep the prices the same (minus a few things like a $6 baked potato). But what i think needs to change is the quality of food that you are getting for your money. When buying a $10 burger meal, i feel like im getting a $1.29 burgerking cheeseburger. I mean, it tastes alright, but its not very good. I would have preferred to pay $12 and get a burger that tastes amazing like Red Robin.

There are certain things that Disneyland does take advantage of because they are a theme park and they are allowed to do what they choose with their prices. If people were not willing to pay their prices, than they would not do it.

I do also though think that greed is taking over some of the really cool aspects of the park (free name sewing on mickey ears), and i think its really going to bite them back in the end if something isn't done about it. I mean, it seems like everytime they open up a new venue(which they've) done twice in the past couple months, they raise the price on that item.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

$3 for a single pickle.

What the buck.

• Future Skipper

Pins. $9 for a piece of metal with some paint.
    Very, very addicting metal with paint.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    $3 for a single pickle.

What the buck.
    To paraphrase John Pinette:

That better be one really good pickle; it better be so good that I am compelled to go around and tap people on the shoulder asking "have you tried the pickle?"
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Can't say I've ever bought anything at Disneyland that I thought was a rip off.

Same here.

We constantly stay on-property (albeit always at a discount- because we plan our trips ) and eat 100% of our meals during our stay on property as well.

Why? Because we choose to.

And like you, we've never felt ripped off.

How can some folks claim to be "ripped-off" when they voluntarily paid the price???

Again, no one is forced to spend their money at the Resort. There are options for those that don't want to get "ripped-off" (as they say)...

And also again, Disney isn't going to change unless they feel it in the pocketbook and can identify/verify the source of their loss. Folks whining about it but then continuing to pay the piper doesn't really solve anything. Actions speak louder than words...

K.I.S.S.

• Minion

People can feel "ripped off" when they pay a premium price for something, not knowing exactly what they're going to get (as in food) but then being disappointed with what they ultimately get. When there is an unknown result or unknown quality of the product, yet the price charged is high, that has the potential for the customer to feel ripped off. But if the customer does know exactly what they're buying, and still agrees to buy it at the asking price, then they have no right to feel ripped off. I'm sure if I bought that baked potato I would be mentally comparing it to the one at Wendy's which is less than half the Disneyland price, and if turned out to be the same or worse than the one at Wendy's I might feel ripped off. But if I had one before at Disneyland and knew exactly what I was buying, then I would have no claim to being or feeling "ripped off." In my experience, people who pay a premium price but then get a high-quality product rarely complain. They may say, "Yeah that was expensive, but it was worth it." The fact that they got something really good outweighs their regret at having paid so much. What makes people feel ripped off is paying a premium price but then realizing they got a low-quality product.

To be honest I don't think most of the stuff is that big of a ripoff. More expensive than it probably should be? Yes. But the added convenience of being able to get it in the park is worth it to me.
    I'd say the worst value at the resort is hamburgers, though. They're expensive and even McDonalds tastes better. On my March trip I will get one and exactly one burger, and it'll be an In-n-Out Double-Double.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I look at it the other way. If you really want a potato with Broccoli & cheese you can get one at Wendy's for $2.89. Now, leaving the park, driving there, ordering and eating it would probably cost you over an hour. Is losing an hour worth saving a little over $3? Unless Wendy's adds the Matterhorn I'd say no.
    Ahh Jeez once again I gotta agree with aashee! Man what is this world coming too!

The price you pay is for connivence. Disney knows people, especially tourist, are not going to leave the park for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner. Nor do most tourists know how to navigate Anaheim.

I know taking my family to Disneyland is going to be expected. I know that I will be paying for 4 people to eat at least 2 meals there for as long as we will be at the park. To me it is easier to go to Pizza Port or French Market and pay high prices, than dragging my family off property, walking back to the hotel, grabbing the car, and choosing a place to eat. Then doing the same thing in reverse.

It's all the price you pay to enjoy the Disney experience!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    $16-17 for the chicken meal at Plaza Inn (3-4pc chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, drink).

but i still keep buying it... and that's why they can keep pricing it as such

so i do apologize for partly being the reason why the prices stay high. sorry guys!
    Is it up that high?
    Last time I bought, it was around $13
    and you could split the meal between two ppl
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

This is one meaning to Rip off. So yes it does fit for subject matter. also rip offverbTo exploit (another) by charging too much for something: fleece, overcharge. Slang clip1, gouge, nick, scalp, skin, soak. Idioms: make someone pay through the nose, take someone for a ride, take someone to the cleaners. See honest/dishonest.noun I think the biggest rip off is reserved seating for Fantasmic. Over 60 dollars per person for a seat that isn't even in the center, it's off to the side and you get a little dessert box....

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Yep!

No one is holding a gun to anyones' head to purchase hotel rooms, food, souveniers or even ponchos while they are enjoying the Park.

People choose to pay for stuff within the Park mostly based on convenience and desire (as in souveniers). And the fine folks at Disney know that.

Hence, the current prices.

Don't like the prices? Don't just whine about them, don't pay them!

If more folks did just that, the suits at Disney might get the message.

Yes, it really is that simple!
    I agreed...
    But I also think ther some people buy because they think it's special,
    and they right ....FOR THE DISNEY CO... they got your MONEY!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Minion

If they could get a branch of Burger Lounge in Downtown Disney then that problem would be solved.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazziered View Post
    This is one meaning to Rip off. So yes it does fit for subject matter. also rip offverbTo exploit (another) by charging too much for something: fleece, overcharge. Slang clip1, gouge, nick, scalp, skin, soak. Idioms: make someone pay through the nose, take someone for a ride, take someone to the cleaners. See honest/dishonest.noun I think the biggest rip off is reserved seating for Fantasmic. Over 60 dollars per person for a seat that isn't even in the center, it's off to the side and you get a little dessert box....
    I disagree. My family greatly enjoyed the priority seating. It was definitely too expensive, but it was given to us as a gift and we loved every minute of it. You would probably pay that much for a dinner theatre show anyhow.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Here is the biggest rip-off: Replacing Parade of Dreams with Celebrate! A Street Party.

• Laughing Last..

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Ponchos. They know you want one. They stamp "Disney Parks" on them. They charge a ridiculous amount for a garment you wear for about 5 minutes, and will likely throw away before the day is over.
    It rained on us in March of '02. Day started out beautiful, but by noon it was a deluge. It was weird how so much rain in a short time, clogged up street drains and made the walkways between Matterhorn and Alice into a lake. But I digress. I just wanted to say that I still have those ponchos and take them with us when we go and the weather looks less than inviting. They've held up great.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast