Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Re: Biggest rip off at Disney.

While the a la carte prices on, well, carts are pretty ridiculous, I have to say that Plaza Inn seems to be a good value. My friends and I routinely get 1 salad and 1 chicken plate, which feeds all three of us and still leaves some leftovers.
    But single ear of corn for nearly $4? That's just silly.
    And bottled water is a scandalous issue no matter where you buy it. I could never figure out the economics - Coca Cola costs less than simple water, even though it contains far more ingredients (in addition to the water!) and requires manufacturing!

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Biggest rip off at Disney.

Honestly, it's a bad sign of what's to come when you try to park your car at Mickey and Friends.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    Yes but you can't eat a hot dog at Costco next to the Rivers of America.
    Still, that's a $34 difference between eating the hot dogs at Costco and eating them by the Rivers of America. I don't think it's worth the extra $34. I thought the privilege of being next to the Rivers of America was included in the admission price to the park. I didn't realize you had to pay again for that privilege when you buy the hot dogs.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Yeah true Bob, you've already paid to go sit next to the Rivers of America, but I guess when it comes to park mark up on the food, I guess you either have to sit there with the inflated hot dog or sit there hungry. Don't worry, I'm a sucker for the idea of it all and it always costs me an arm and a leg!!

There doesn't seem to be a real solution for the problem, but it's just not Disneyland or theme parks, we go to the SF Zoo often and for lunch for 2 adults and a kid, it costs me about $40 - 60. I pay it simply to add to the memory and experience, I don't want to look back at my trip to Disneyland with a memory of going over to the McD's in the middle of my good time in Frontierland!

• Minion

The price of anything in the world is determined by what the customer is willing to pay, so if customers are willing to pay those prices, then I don't blame Disneyland for charging them.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    The price of anything in the world is determined by what the customer is willing to pay, so if customers are willing to pay those prices, then I don't blame Disneyland for charging them.

And with that being said, how can folks claim to be "ripped off".

Can someone that is "willing" to pay the prices actually be "ripped off"???

Not in my world...

It's already been mentioned, but bears repeating...

Don't like the prices? Don't buy the item!

Until that happens, the prices won't change.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
    1st of all, it was given to you as a gift, so you can't say how much of a ripoff it is. Yes, you enjoyed it because it is a really cool thing. But shelling out almost a day's admission price for a little box and a chair is not a good deal in that poster's opinion and my opinion.

Next, a dinner theatre show includes dinner (not a small box of dessert) and the show is longer than 20 minutes.

I agree about the priority seating, DCA's admission, but I also want to add that the light-up toys that they sell at parades and shows are incredible rip-offs. That and the Games of the Boardwalk...but at least that's an accurate representation of the classic rip-off.
    Shrug, to each their own.

I did want to say that just because it was a gift doesn't mean I don't know how much it costs. I don't know why a person would be less able to judge whether something was worth what it costs just because they weren't the one who paid (and the one who DID pay for that experience was with us, and she thought it was worth every penny).

And just for clarification for other's reading this, there is NOTHING small about that dessert tray. You can easily skip dinner and get more than full on what they provide in the tray, and still have some left over.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.

Oh, and I also enjoy the boardwalk games. I don't play them every time I go, but for $10 my husband and I can easily win 4 stuffed animals. We give them away as gifts and such. It's always been a good deal to us.

• Banned User

You can only be ripped off at will!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

some of them want to use you
    some of them want to be abused!

Annie Lennox said it best

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    Here is the biggest rip-off: Replacing Parade of Dreams with Celebrate! A Street Party.
    agreed, and add pooh overthrowing the Country Bear Jamboree theaters, and the princess meet and greet which made that theater useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    A family of 4 can walk up to the outdoor food court at Costco (and no membership is required at the food court) and buy 4 hot dogs plus 4 sodas with unlimited refills, at a total cost of $6.46 - yet 4 hot dogs with sodas in Disneyland is over $40.00, more than six times the Costco price - and that's after having paid to get in the park!
    And the Large combo pizza is only $9.99.

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    Yes but you can't eat a hot dog at Costco next to the Rivers of America.
    wanna bet!

Yeah, I have to agree with Pirate Mickey on this one.

The food is terribly expensive and Disneyland and Walt Disney World. If you don't like the prices, don't buy anything.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with Pirate Mickey on this one.

The food is terribly expensive and Disneyland and Walt Disney World. If you don't like the prices, don't buy anything.
    I have learned my lesson, (And I bet I am not the only one.) I do leave the park to eat. I eat before I come in, I leave to eat lunch and take a rest. Then I eat dinner after I leave the park. I only will eat a couple of things at Disneyland. A Dole Whip, some cherry sours, and a turkey leg.. Thats about it. Because my food experience has overall been so dismal.
    Last edited by Jazziered; 11-21-2009 at 08:56 PM.

• Trashmasher with Style

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    The fee would have been a little more acceptable when the stitching was done partially by hand.
    When was that? I remember watching the gal running the machine back when I was so young I didn't know how to read my own name in script. That has to be about 1962 or so.

I just wanted to add... It is hard to say don't buy something when it is your first time to Disneyland. You don't know how the food quality is. You pay out lots of money for a meal... (Poor unfortunate soul.. So sad... ) And you get a horrid meal.. So yeah, people can and will feel ripped off because they don't know any better.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Pizza slice prices. The end.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast