Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Biggest rip off at Disney.

For the first time ever, Disneyland prices actually make me sad. Just a few years ago I deemed most of the prices reasonable. That included park admission, food, parking, etc. Now it just stresses me out to go to Disneyland when I have to figure out what I can buy and what I can't. And I'm an AP. That's the funny thing. Being an AP I feel has saved me the admission price, but has gauged me on parking, gas, at least one meal and a couple of treats/gifts for myself.

This is the first time I have ever questioned getting a locker for the day because I don't want to pay 7 or 8 bucks for that. Also a first for bringing my own lunch and carrying it around all day because I don't want to pay for a locker. I also just recently ate dinner outside of the park for the first time. And prices are only going to get worse.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazziered View Post
    It is hard to say don't buy something when it is your first time to Disneyland. You don't know how the food quality is. You pay out lots of money for a meal... (Poor unfortunate soul.. So sad... ) And you get a horrid meal.. So yeah, people can and will feel ripped off because they don't know any better.

There is a simple solution to that.

If someone is not happy with the quality of their food, all they have to do is ask for a refund.

As long as they haven't eaten all of it (and if it was truly that bad, they wouldn't have), their request will be granted. (Heck, I once watched a guest ask for a refund because her food got cold before she finished it! And she got one!!! )

So once again, the guest might have been unhappy, but they weren't "ripped off".

And if they don't have the courage to stand up for themselves and request said refund, whose fault is that???

Hint- Rhetorical question.

No "ripoff" there...

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    Here is the biggest rip-off: Replacing Parade of Dreams with Celebrate! A Street Party.
    Amen!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

i'm gonna have to go with the ice cream, looks good smells good but in the end its just 2-3 scoops of dryers ice cream..
    Get @ me Tweet - www.twitter.com/infamous

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    There is a simple solution to that.

If someone is not happy with the quality of their food, all they have to do is ask for a refund.

As long as they haven't eaten all of it (and if it was truly that bad, they wouldn't have), their request will be granted. (Heck, I once watched a guest ask for a refund because her food got cold before she finished it! And she got one!!! )

So once again, the guest might have been unhappy, but they weren't "ripped off".

And if they don't have the courage to stand up for themselves and request said refund, whose fault is that???

Hint- Rhetorical question.

No "ripoff" there...
    That is how you think... But I am saying not everyone is going to think or feel that way. I got a half raw corndog at the red wagon... I didn't want to stand back in the quite lengthy line to get a refund or a new hot dog... That was my choice... BUT I should have gotten properly cooked food in the beginning. I wouldn't go back to there, because I felt the food quality was a rip off at the price they charged. Those are MY feelings. Whether in your opinion I have a right to feel that way or not...

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfn View Post
    Don't think the high prices are unique to just Disney parks. I went to Universal Studios over the summer and the prices were quite comparable to Disneyland. The theme park industry knows they have an audience that is willing to pay the prices for a day or week of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Pizza slice prices. The end.
    The same at Sea World. I was there yesterday, bought their small round pizza and paid $8.00. I told my wife I didn't buy a coke because the pizza cost so much.

Standing in line for 40 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight. You don't know the meaning of insulting when you can stand in line, look one way and see a family of three take off and then seemingly seconds later, in nearly the same exact spot you look another way and see the same family of three exit the ride. Now that is ridiculous.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    i'm gonna have to go with the ice cream, looks good smells good but in the end its just 2-3 scoops of dryers ice cream..
    AND...they went to the low fat kind a couple of years ago and it doesn't even taste that great anymore. We gave up on it when they went to low fat. If I want low fat, I will choose it at home. Not on vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazziered View Post
    I got a half raw corndog at the red wagon...

I didn't want to stand back in the quite lengthy line to get a refund or a new hot dog... That was my choice...

BUT I should have gotten properly cooked food in the beginning. I wouldn't go back to there, because I felt the food quality was a rip off at the price they charged.

So you wouldn't have "felt" "ripped off" by having to pay $1.95 for a half raw corndog???

Yes, I agree, you should have received a fully cooked corndog in the first place. But the price should have nothing to do with your situation. I don't think you would like a half cooked corndog at ANY price, would you?

I certainly wouldn't...

But if I was served a half cooked corndog (no matter what the price), I would have gone right back up to the front of the line, excused myself to the guest at the window, explained the situation and asked for a replacement.

I would do that not only for my own fresh corndog, but for the many other guests that might get a half cooked one for whatever reason it happened in the first place (mechanical or human error).

Waiting in the line a second time is not necessary. You not only have a legitimate reason for going to the front, but you might be helping out all of the other guests in avoiding the same situation.

I'm sure no one in line would mind you doing that. I'm sure that they would do the same...

Sadly, in life, some folks unnecessarily choose to let themselves end up feeling like "victims".

That doesn't mean that the establishment (Disney for this discussion) is "ripping people off"...

• Pongo is my hero.

So you wouldn't have "felt" "ripped off" by having to pay $1.95 for a half raw corndog???

Yes, I agree, you should have received a fully cooked corndog in the first place. But the price should have nothing to do with your situation. I don't think you would like a half cooked corndog at ANY price, would you?

I certainly wouldn't...

But if I was served a half cooked corndog (no matter what the price), I would have gone right back up to the front of the line, excused myself to the guest at the window, explained the situation and asked for a replacement.

I would do that not only for my own fresh corndog, but for the many other guests that might get a half cooked one for whatever reason it happened in the first place (mechanical or human error).

Waiting in the line a second time is not necessary. You not only have a legitimate reason for going to the front, but you might be helping out all of the other guests in avoiding the same situation.

I'm sure no one in line would mind you doing that. I'm sure that they would do the same...

Sadly, in life, some folks unnecessarily choose to let themselves end up feeling like "victims".

That doesn't mean that the establishment (Disney for this discussion) is "ripping people off"...

If you pay 8 dollars for a corndog you should expect the people in charge to know how to cook a corndog... Disney is at fault for hiring these people.

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    AND...they went to the low fat kind a couple of years ago and it doesn't even taste that great anymore. We gave up on it when they went to low fat. If I want low fat, I will choose it at home. Not on vacation!

I agree!

Sadly, we chose to give up on their ice cream too!

But not because of the price, because of the taste!

In its current form, we wouldn't pay $1/scoop for it because we don't enjoy the taste.

And we certainly don't feel like DL is "ripping us off" over it. They chose to go low-fat so we chose to not buy it.

Yep, as mentioned, it really is that simple!

(Maybe if enough other people that actually don't like the taste stop buying it, they might go back to the original stuff? What a concept!)

• Pongo is my hero.

I agree!

Sadly, we chose to give up on their ice cream too!

But not because of the price, because of the taste!

In its current form, we wouldn't pay $1/scoop for it because we don't enjoy the taste.

And we certainly don't feel like DL is "ripping us off" over it. They chose to go low-fat so we chose to not buy it.

Yep, as mentioned, it really is that simple!

(Maybe if enough other people that actually don't like the taste stop buying it, they might go back to the original stuff? What a concept!)
    Has Disney ever "ripped you off"? How bout a 5-10 dollar poncho? Or a 15 DOLLAR water fan.

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    If you pay 8 dollars for a corndog you should expect the people in charge to know how to cook a corndog... Disney is at fault for hiring these people.

If it is due to human error, I agree! Either re-train or terminate.

If it is mechanical, well, then they need to fix things.

But unless the guests step up and tell the CM's what's wrong, the problem (either one) will continue. And whose initial fault is that???

And I still fail to see the (non-voluntary) "ripoff"...

• Pongo is my hero.

If it is due to human error, I agree! Either re-train or terminate.

If it is mechanical, well, then they need to fix things.

But unless the guests step up and tell the CM's what's wrong, the problem (either one) will continue. And whose initial fault is that???

And I still fail to see the (non-voluntary) "ripoff"...

Err.... can't believe I'm defending a corn dog...

This whole incident would of never happened if A) The CMs knew how to cook a corn dog correctly B) They knew how their machinery was working.

The "rip off" is not getting what you payed for (a properly cooked corndog)

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Has Disney ever "ripped you off"? How bout a 5-10 dollar poncho? Or a 15 DOLLAR water fan.

Nope, I can honestly say that I have never voluntarily purchased something and then felt "ripped off" over it.

Have I ever purchased something and then had something go wrong with it? Certainly! But I resolved the situation by either getting a replacement or a refund.

And due to their price, we have never purchased a poncho or water fan and yet, we managed to survive a wet or hot day at the Resort!

Oh yeah, I was "ripped off" once! It was for a small purchase on eBay! Getting back my $10 was just not worth the hassle! But other than giving the seller bad rep, I just "let it go"... My choice!

And there was the time that my vehicle was broken into. Now that is getting ripped off!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast