Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• gyre & gimble in the wabe

Re: Which parade has been your favorite?

The Lion King Parade was so popular it had actual groupies that would come and see it every day, there were different clubs for different animals (the Rhino ladies were the best lol) and they would have shirts made up. It was so brilliant that it was the inspiration for the Broadway musical. I wish I could see it again. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcfYGriC2w"]YouTube- Disneyland 1994 Lion King Celebration[/ame]
    Last edited by SpaceDog76; 11-20-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: to put in link

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Oh my word....that was 1994!!???? wow time sure flies. Thought it was maybe 6 or 7 years ago max. lol!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDog76 View Post
    The Lion King Parade was so popular it had actual groupies that would come and see it every day, there were different clubs for different animals (the Rhino ladies were the best lol) and they would have shirts made up. It was so brilliant that it was the inspiration for the Broadway musical. I wish I could see it again. YouTube- Disneyland 1994 Lion King Celebration
    Holy moly no offense to anyone who likes CASP but wow that really makes CASP look awful......

• Laughing Last..

If we're talking parades in general, I still, even to this day many years hence, will catch the Hollywood Christmas parade on the tube. The decorations in DCA's hollywood backlot are a reproduction of the way Hollywood Blvd had been decorated for many yerars
    As for Disney parades, Lion King and any of the Christmas parades run a tie for me. I still remember the reindeer with the tongues haging out like they were panting from a long night.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Banned User

Disney's (The Main Street) Electrical Parade will always remain my #1 favorite parade due to it's unique presentation and all of the work behind the scenes and etc. It's charm sets itself apart from other parades with it's electronic music, the dimming of the lights down the parade route and those floats all bright and cheerful.

I do, however, miss those days at Disneyland where you'd have a daytime and a nighttime parade. Daytime parades like the Lion King Celebration were part of the old school Disneyland I miss.

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Is that the same Zazu and Simba they use for POD or are they different?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Holy moly no offense to anyone who likes CASP but wow that really makes CASP look awful......
    Aaaand CASP isn't considered a parade, so the comparison is really pointless because everyone could probably agree that the Lion King Celebration was better.

• dreams do come true

There will never be anything like Lion King. Video dose it no justice. And no offense but the POD rhino has nothing on the originals. They were by far more fun and interactive. Im kinda bias but thats my opinion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Another bandwagoner for Lion King here. My wife and I could not figure out why on earth they stopped this parade. It seemed to us, that unless you had something BETTER lined up, why not keep running it? I remember during rehearsals for my students in Candlelight, we would see those floats back stage, just gathering dust. Sooooo sad when they stopped running this.

If we're allowed to pick two, MSEP would come in first as a night time parade. To me, these were two different types of events, and both were spectacular for their own reasons.

But the dancers, and the drummers, and the doves at the end of Lion King...I don't think they've had anything with that kind of emotional connection since then.

Off topic...I still see a certain flock of white doves flying with no direction in particular around Fullerton and Brea...and I keep wondering if they are descended from a rogue group of doves who decided not to go back to Disneyland one day...

• Banned User

Disney's main street Electric Parade for sure.

• Fan of the Land

The Aladdin parade!

Unlike any other parade, this one was an actual scene from the movie, brought to life before your eyes. It was a thrilling moment when that big blue Genie came into view at the head of the procession.

Admittedly, the Aladdin parade was my first Disneyland parade (1993), and the sheer scope of it astonished me; now of course I have a much better understanding (and higher expectation) of what a Disneyland parade is supposed to be. But nothing has come close to it for me, in terms of being fully integrated with the movie it represents.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S View Post
    There will never be anything like Lion King. Video dose it no justice. And no offense but the POD rhino has nothing on the originals. They were by far more fun and interactive. Im kinda bias but thats my opinion.
    I agree about the video. Once the parade was gone, we bought the VHS tape, but it is just not the same. Sitting there on the curb of Main Street and watching the pole flyers and being squirted by the elephants - priceless!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• The "zip" in your doo dah

The Lion King has been the only parade that I made a point of seeing several times. It was fabulous! They did things in that parade (really more of a moving show) that were really amazing. It had so many dancers/ performers, etc. It's probably is too expensive to do another parade that elaborate - but it really was a winner!

• dreams do come true

Ya the rhinos and pole climbers were the best.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

this thread sound like it went from "what's your favorite parade?" to "what did you love about the lion king parade?"

i really loved the costumes and the float design
    they were just purely amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast