Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Space Mountain Junky

Re: People stop the madness!

When I was about 7 (25 years ago) I remember standing near the escalator entrance to Space Mountain for about 30 minutes, scared to go up. My mom finally got me to go up and get on the ride. I fell in love with the park right there in outer space.

I've been going to Disneyland since before I was old enough to remember, so I can't tell you when I fell in love with it, but it must have been when I was small.

• Banned User

I first don't understand why people complain about the service so much. Each time I have gone to the park, I have wonderful encounters with the Cast. Obviously you are going to encounter at least one rude CM out of 60 different interactions, but I don't understand why people let that ruin their visits when some of us vist upwards of 10 times a year.

Maybe we should burn the place the ground and then we'll be able to realize how much we take for granted.

• Bri

FANTASMIC! I knew Disneyland was amazing but after that I was sold.
    *~~~When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.~~~*

Walking into Disneyland on opening day, 1955, at age 3, listening to Walt's speech -- that's when I knew Disneyland was my land.

• youtube.com/micahglitters

[QUOTE=winder*wonder;1055673367]i have just gone through probably five theards dedicated to: AP price haters,no good service, ridiculous prices, ect...

while, yes, maybe, these might be true lets focus on why we all come to this site in the first place:

we love disney.

QUOTE]

Thank you so much for saying this! As a daily lurker, I was starting to literally feel really upset whenever I read a thread. Everyone should get a chance to vent and feel supported when things aren't so great, but we really need to balance ourselves out with some sparkly wonderfulness as well....which is probably why we all love Disneyland in the first place.

I have two memories that made me feel like Disneyland really is my land, but i'll just tell one:

I was on a family trip when i was about 18 or 19. My family often struggles financially but my mom is a firm believer in the magic of the special occassion. On this such occassion she had managed to pay for all 6 of us to go to the park for two days and them surprised us all in the park by saying she had managed to save $1,000 for us all to get whatever souveniers we wanted because "who knows when we can afford to come back."

So, as the oldest, recently emerging from my teenage angst phase and really loving my family again, I was feeling like there was nothing else iI really needed. On the second day my stepdad, who doesnt talk too much unless he's lecturing , kept asking me what i wanted over and over, worried that i wouldnt be happy when we left. the only thing i could think of was a tiara for my collection (i have like 15). We looked everywhere for a really nice Tiara, which they used to sell but they downgraded to the plastic ones only. We were inside the princess store and i joked about wanting the decorative tiaras on the wall. you know, the giant sparkly ones. i ended up settling for a plastic one, which really was not a big deal, but when we got out my dad lamented that they would not sell him the big ones. I was shocked! My mom told me that he actually asked the CM how much she's take for it!

That was not a normal thing and i would have felt terrible if he really spent tons of money on me, but my dad really just wanted me to be in the happiest place on earth with exactly what i wanted. we aren't always super close, but i know he loves me and those things always seem to happen at disneyland. <3
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

• Just Call Me Kiti

For me it was a couple of things.

I've always loved Disneyland, since I was little I was always the most excited one in my family who wanted to be there the most. It just fascinated me so much as a kid. by 7th grade not only had I been to disneyland at least 10 times, I had gone to orlando,florida just for Disney World 3 times and loved every trip.

In 8th grade, we had a Disneyland trip with my entire 8th grade class. I get to spend the day with all my best friends in the world. It was seriously the best day that I had lived up to that point in my life. And I knew that it would be always be a special place for me.

During the summer after sophomore year (10th grade) The same group of friends that I was with in 8th grade, plus a few and minus a few, and I went again to relive the magic. That day we literally got there at opening and left at midnight. A group of 11 of the my friends that I could probably never live without together at disneyland (and DCA). It was such an amazing day. During the firework show (at the time Remember...Dreams do Come True) I started crying during the beginning where the little girl sings "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish I might, Have the wish that I wish tonight. we'll make a wish and do as dreamers do,and all your wishes will come true..." because My wish DID come true that night. At my favorite place in the world, with my friends that I care the most about, and no worries, just remembering the nostalgic 8th grade trip, and enjoying the moment of being with the ones I love. It was just amazing. I don't even know how to describe how amazing it was. It's a day that I will seriously never forget.
    Sing like no one is Listening
    Dance like no one is Watching
    Smile like you're at Disneyland
    Live like there is no Tomorrow
    The End

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish that I wish tonight. I'll make a wish and do as Dreamers do. And all our wishes will come true. <3

It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland...
    <3

• world class bilge rat

I can't think of one particular moment, but rather, it's a culmination of all things Disney.

There's still a LOT of magic at DL. It's still something I eagerly anticipate.

For me, the biggest memory was (and still is) being able to act like a 12 year old again......and get away with it! It's the sense of being in a more carefree time in life, when just plain old fashion fun was the main idea.

I like it a lot when other people are having a good time. Many years ago (when both my eyes still worked), I flew airplanes for a living. I had one of my own, and would fly people to DL frequently.

Seeing the look of awesome wonder in the eyes of a first-time visitor, especially a young one, is one of the fondest memories I have. It was obvious that they were overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of it all, but DL is so well designed that it can be taken in one step at a time. They still had the same wide-eyed look when it was time to go home.

Actually, now that I think about it, the first time I was there, I was the very person I described above. Late '78 or early '79. (Wow! How did I get to be this old!?!! lol) I still remember an entire day of each new experience being better than the last.

Rob.

P.S. This is one of the best threads in quite a while. We all need to dwell on the positive more often.

• Shag lover

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    ...do something constructive and form a letter campaign instead. Something real. If you dont like pricing, find free parking, dont like the coffee, bring your own. Do something real about it.
    You do realize that most large companies farm out responses to letters to minimum-wage customer service people, who only read enough to decide which form letter to send back to you, right? The only "real" way to send a message to a company is to stop giving them money. Telling them "$35 for XXXX is too expensive!" and then buying the "too expensive" item anyway doesn't tell them anything other than their customers are whiners.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Thank you to the OP for starting a positive thread! They're so few and far between these days.

I've been coming to Disneyland since I was less than a year old, so there was no one "AHA!" moment when I can recall falling in love. It's just always been a part of my consciousness. My earliest and happiest memories are of watching fireworks on my dad's shoulders. Disneyland was my first love.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Done with MC.

Winder you hit the nail on the head. For being the happiest place on earth, there sure is a lot of negative posts.
    I simply wont contribute to them and in fact, I rarely even read the ones that have a derogatory title.
    DLR is my escape, my home away from home and I will enjoy every moment spent there.
    Cheers to you!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Winder you hit the nail on the head. For being the happiest place on earth, there sure is a lot of negative posts.
    I simply wont contribute to them and in fact, I rarely even read the ones that have a derogatory title.
    DLR is my escape, my home away from home and I will enjoy every moment spent there.
    Cheers to you!

thank you, i feel the same way as you, disneyland is a home away from home, and i think it is for alot of ppl its just some things are always present to distract us from our happiness

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I don't get it why people complain, even though they are some flaws for management at Disneyland. If they complain, why are they still going? Because, they love Disneyland? Obviously, aren't we all?

There are crowd problems and sometimes it is inevitable.

My "This is my land" moment was in 1986 and driving my brand new pickup around the park after closing and posing it in front of the castle and other cool spots for a great photo opportunity.

• Animatronic

Yeah, why would anyone want to read threads complaining about service when you could read threads complaining about fastpasses, strollers, and smoking sections!

That aside, I grew up at Disneyland, so I have no single story. Seeing a stage rise up from a planter, having a grand adventure in a submarine, seeing Dinosaurs from a Steam Train, these kinds of magical things kept me coming back.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast