Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Talking 11/19 Kost party at Disneyland!!! 9pm- 1am

I was tring to win these ticket from the min I found out about the party sounded like something I must do. I called every hour and I emailed too many times to count. I was starting to get bummed no luck. Well I thought to myself maybe next year. Then I got a PM from a very nice mice chatter we might have two tickets for you and a friend I'l let you know tomorrow morning the day of the event. I was really excited but tring to control myself incase I didn't get them. Sure enough the next morning I got a PM the tix our yours call me and set up a time and place to pic them up. YIPPY!!! I called on my lunch and we picked the C in California between 8:30- 8:45.

As we were driving to the park we hit alot of traffic I was wondering if I was going to make it in time. We finnally got to the structure right when the fireworks were going off for the guest that were inside the park for the day. They were just waiving people into the structure. The cars were at a stop once you got into the structure. Then a cm started moving the barracades and opening all levels of the structure. I picked the top not on purpose but I was happy with my chose. As we were climbing the big hill we were watching them launch the fire work. My fiancee said this is the best view. I agreed. As we got out of the car and took a few steps it was time for the grand finally. What a beautiful site at that min I knew it was going to be a magical night.

We got to the le C around 8:30 and waited for our new mice chatter friend to arrive. She came around 8:45. I was so stoked we had our tickets. It was kinda tense at first waiting for a stranger to bring you your tickets hoping and praying they showed up.

We started making our way to the front entrance. When we got there they were starting to form lines. We were wanted the first in our line. They held us there for about five min but it seemed like forever. Then the signs infront of the ticket takers were change to say special event only. When they let us in they scanned our tickets and we were only able to go about 50 feet and there was a rope. Roping us in like catle. I was thinking to myself what is this rope drop I want in now. Right at 9pm the disneyland train pulled up with the whole cast from Kost 103.5 and alot of the disney charectors it was awsome. The produser said a couple words and then told us to count down to the start of them playing christmas carols till x-mas on there station. 10 -9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Then fire works shot off from the top of the train and the train tooted its horn and we were let in. It was so magical.

Once in it was snowing on main st. We deside to go to New orlenes square. They were playing Kost x-mas music every where in the park. We started dancing to the music. There was noone on that side of the park. It was like we had disneyland all to ourselfs. They had snowflake projections on the ground ans a big lit up light saying kost 103.5 on pirates lair/tom sayers island. My fiancee was stoked he was the only one in the smoking section. Next we went on haunted Mansion where we salmost got the whole elevator to ourselfs. A couple others showed up. When we got off we walk around went on some rides and enjoyed the christmas music blsting everywhere. Next we deside to go back on main st and get our pics with Santa. After that we saw they were running the fire truck. They never run it at night so we desided to take it up to the castle. It was cool along the way the driver was stopping all along main st letting people get on and off the fire truck. They never do that on regular park hours.

Next we went on some more rides nothing had long waits not even Peter Pan. You could pretty much walk on any thing. We rode Small world and some others and Sat and listen to some more music. At about 12:30 we desided it was time to go home. The park was open till 1am. We desided to take the fire truck again down to main st. Again we made several stops it was so much fun. As we were walking under the bridge to leave I notice on the top it said sweet dreams from kost 103.5.

As we were walking to the tram to go back to our car we both looked at eachother and said that was the best time we have ever had at disneyland. It was so magical. That says alot how ever since we got together 8 years ago we have been going every weekend and I have had a premiun AP for the last 14 years. Hope you enjoyed the trip report.

I am selling the Disneyland parp map they handed out only on that night on ebay. If any one is interested check it out.
    103.5 Kost party disneyland park map one night 11/19 - eBay (item 170409777300 end time Nov-27-09 17:20:23 PST)

Pictures of the fun filled night will be posted later today.

• Minion

Re: 11/19 Kost party at Disneyland!!! 9pm- 1am

Last edited by disneylandkitty; 11-21-2009 at 04:02 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for your great trip report! That sounded like so much fun! I would LOVE to be in the park in an "after hours" party. Very cool of KOST to host this. Glad you had a great time!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

We were there that day and knew there was a special event that night. Didn't know until we were leaving and saw the banner that it was for KOST. We watched the fireworks from near the tree so we could get out fast and so glad we did. As we were leaving on the tram the crowds were intense. Sounds like the event was so much fun. I'm pretty sure the Billys stayed to perform because we were eating our dinner in the Golden Horseshoe around 6 PM and could hear them practicing behind the curtain. It would be neat to hear the KOST Christmas music all through the Park.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I know ,who gave you the tickets........
    I so glad it did work out ,that you guy's have FUN!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Thanks for your great trip report! That sounded like so much fun! I would LOVE to be in the park in an "after hours" party. Very cool of KOST to host this. Glad you had a great time!
    Yeah I agree... I know I'm going to try extra hard next year to win this is a must do again!!!

• Shifting cargo

I think it's kind of funny that where I live, instead of KOST 103.5, we have KOIT 96.5. Just making an observation...

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I think it's kind of funny that where I live, instead of KOST 103.5, we have KOIT 96.5. Just making an observation...
    That station, out of San Francisco, has a similar format to KOST. Ever since 9/11/01, when there was said to be a yearning for things comfortable and familiar, you've had stations across the country adopting a similar approach, and with ratings success I might add.

Back to the topic...wonderful report, kitty! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    I know ,who gave you the tickets........
    I so glad it did work out ,that you guy's have FUN!
    Yes... thankyou to you and your mom

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    Yes... thankyou to you and your mom
    Eagleman is not my son, he's about the same age as I! (Good Grief! Does anyone know the name of a good plastic surgeon?)

But you're more than welcome for the tickets.

My family and friends enjoyed the night very much, I can't remember the last time we went on 12 rides on 3 1/2 hours. Actually I guess it was last year's KOST Party.

Crazy Works For Me!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Eagleman is not my son, he's about the same age as I! (Good Grief! Does anyone know the name of a good plastic surgeon?)

But you're more than welcome for the tickets.

My family and friends enjoyed the night very much, I can't remember the last time we went on 12 rides on 3 1/2 hours. Actually I guess it was last year's KOST Party.

lol

• Minion

I just added more pictures

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I don't listen to KOST much, but I know they've been one of the more powerful stations in LA for quite awhile ratings-wise.

I know their morning team has been together for a long time.

I wonder if Christine Martindale is the legendary Wink's daughter.

Again, looks like a very well done promotion on their part, and a good time for everyone.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I don't listen to KOST much, but I know they've been one of the more powerful stations in LA for quite awhile ratings-wise.

I know their morning team has been together for a long time.

I wonder if Christine Martindale is the legendary Wink's daughter.

Again, looks like a very well done promotion on their part, and a good time for everyone.
    haha funny you mention wink because i've worked with him a few times this year great guy with a great voice haha

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    haha funny you mention wink because i've worked with him a few times this year great guy with a great voice haha
    OFF TOPIC...

The man is an idol of mine, for his radio work much more than his TV stuff.
    One of the great "deejays" and radio music personalities, who worked at maybe the greatest LA radio station ever, 710 KMPC.

Sorry, kitty. No more of this. Back to the topic,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast