• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

D Street Downtown Disney Anaheim

Opening in the Downtown Disney® District
    December 15, 2009

A place where urban art inspired product "intersects" with a Disney creative edge. This raw, unfinished industrial style space will showcase a mix of Disney inspired art created by local and underground artists. Also up for grabs is cutting edge apparel, pop culture novelties, vinyl figures, collectibles and more.

D Street will feature Disney vintage looks from Disney Couture, urban styles and artwork from Bloc 28, Surf and Skate inspired apparel, artwork and accessories, as well as Star WarsTM tees. Also available at this new hot spot are some of the latest offerings from jewelry designers such as Tarina Tarantino and Classic Hardware as well as fashions from labels like Mighty Fine and Harajuku Lovers. The location will also be home to the work of one of Southern California's local Artists, Noah. Noah draws his inspiration from his love of Disney as well as his love of the forgotten era that we tend to cling to, which includes old movies, classic cars and rockabilly style Kustom Kulture.

This new urban-style location will also pave the way for everything VinylmationTM. Considered one of the flagship stores for Vinylmation figures, D Street will showcase the latest releases from the various collections, including the Park Series, Urban Series, Holiday Series and more. Designed by the creative talents from our Disney Design Group, Disney Vinylmation takes on a whole new meaning in the world of collectibles. These 3" and 9" figures are often designed to represent icons, attractions and characters from Disney Parks & Resorts or have more of street feel with their urban-inspired looks.

So be sure to hit the "street" and see what's in store for you!
    Calendar of Events
    December 16, 2009
    Goorin Hats Trunk Show
    2PM - 5PM
    December 17, 2009
    Ed Hardy Trunk Show
    2PM - 5PM
    December 18, 2009
    Junk Food Trunk Show
    2PM - 5PM
    December 19, 2009
    Create Your Own Vinyl Experience with Noah
    10AM - 12Noon
    &
    Art Demonstration & Signing with Noah
    2PM - 5PM

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• All-American

Re: D Street Downtown Disney Anaheim

Sounds cool! I always love it when Disney tries out something new.

• hi!

isn't this the urban vibe that Vault 28 was going for? i'm not against it, just wondering if it might be redundant..

but i am sad to see that Ed Hardy is going to be involved.................
    Last edited by plagued; 11-21-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo
    -plagued

• DL Obsessed

Store looks pretty interesting. I will look forward to seeing what it looks like.
    This store also seems like it could be iffy, but we will just see how well they pull it off.

• Senior Minion

Sounds cool, can't wait to check it out.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

well that sounds interesting
    kinda wish i was there for the junk food trunk show
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Edgy Disney store opening in Downtown Disney

December 9, 2009
    posted by Sarah Tully
    OC Register

Disney plans to open its first store with edgy, urban merchandise in Anaheim’s Downtown Disney next week.

D Street is set to take over the spot where Illuminations candle store was before it closed in April, said Michelle Harker, a marketer for Disneyland merchandising.

The new store’s opening is set for Tuesday, followed with special events and trunk shows the rest of the week. D Street also will be a flagship store for Vinylmationfigures — vinyl collectible toys decorated with specialized art.

The store is designed to have industrial-type space showcasing Disney-inspired art by local and underground artists, as well as other designer clothes, pop-culture novelties and collectibles, according to a Disney newsletter. Some clothes will come from Disney Couture, Mighty Fine, Harajuku Lovers, Ed Hardy and Junk Food.

The store also will be home to the artwork of California artist, Noah, who is planning a special event Dec. 19.

Some of the higher-end designer items that used to be at the Vault 28 store will move to D Street, Harker said.

D Street will feature more men’s clothing and male-geared products.

Other D Street stores are expected to be added elsewhere in the future.

The Anaheim store will be the flagship store.
    Edgy Disney store opening in Downtown Disney - Around Disney : The Orange County Register
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    isn't this the urban vibe that Vault 28 was going for? i'm not against it, just wondering if it might be redundant..
    I was just thinking that. I remember when Vault 28 opened, that was what they said that store was going to be like.

I wonder if the merchandise is going to be on par with that store. From the sounds of it, I think it might me a little more expensive. As it is, you see people browsing the store but hardly anyone buying anything. I wonder how that is going to go.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

hmmm, we shall see,
    doesn't sound interesting to me, but maybe my kids ...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

This Saturday D Street Noah event Downtown Disney. 24 hand painted motor mouse Vinylmation. Each one different. Be there.

- Noah Fine Art

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

On December 19th, be sure to swing by D Street in Downtown Disney®. As part of the opening of this new urban inspired location we will introduce a Vinylmation™ special release Kustom Kulture Motor Mouse™ Series by Noah. Only 24 unique one-of-a-kind 9" Vinylmation™ figures will be released. Each work is Kustom Pinstriped and is flat black to resemble kustom hot rods in true Americana fashion. Each unique work is signed and numbered by the artist and is offered in a Kustom package of a construction lunchbox. These rare collectible figures will be available for $495, plus tax, as soon as the store opens on the 19th.
    - Noah Fine Art

• Still wants to be a cat!

Went today....looks like what Disney Vault wanted to be, but didn't have the room. Loved some of the original artwork and the shirts that matched it. Didn't buy anything though.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I know that they sell some pricey stuff but anyone have any actually numbers or estimates on how much something would cost?

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Went today....looks like what Disney Vault wanted to be, but didn't have the room. Loved some of the original artwork and the shirts that matched it. Didn't buy anything though.

Thanks for the first hand report!

Here are a few more details for opening week activities:

During the afternoon on Thursday, December 17th, a special team will begin a "Canstruction" of a Vinylmation Mickey figure near the store location. Approximately 3,000 cans of tuna will be used to "canstruct" this figure in celebration of this new store opening. The display will be available to view Friday, December 18 and Saturday, December 19th. All cans used in this "canstruction" will be donated to the Orange County Food Bank.

In addition on Saturday, December 19th from 10 am to 12 Noon, artist Noah and Walt Disney Imagineers Brian Crosby and Jeremy Fulton will be on hand to work with Guests and provide inspiration for them, as they create magic on their own create your own vinylmation figures.

Noah will also be on hand for an artist demonstration, as he applies the finishing touches to a 5 foot Vinylmation Mickey which he has been commissioned to create. Following the art demontration, Noah will have the opportunity to meet and greet Guests as part of a special signing opportunity, as we celebrate the release of the 24 one-of-a-kind, 9-inch Vinylmation� figures being released that day from artist Noah. Each work is Kustom-pinstriped and is flat black to resemble custom hot rods in true Americana fashion. Each unique work is signed and numbered by the artist and is offered in a Kustom package of a construction lunchbox. These rare collectible figures will be offered beginning at shop opening for $495, plus tax. Wristbands for these limited edition pieces will be distributed at the location prior to shop opening.
    The Art of Disney Parks