Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking What can you get at City Hall?

I know that you can get all sorts of pins, First Visit, Just Married, etc. (BTW - are these pins just for the "What Will You Celebrate" promo, or are they something you can get all the time at DL?).

And I just learned that you can get an updated list of all the locations of the penny presses.

I know that I need to go to City Hall to pick up my tour tickets. (I cannot wait for the holiday tour, this is going to be such a treat!!)

What other little list and tidbits do they hand out there? Lists and stuff?

Is it the phone at the City Hall desk that you pick up and a character talks to you? (I was too excited and intimidated to ask last trip, our first one. This trip I will be much calmer)

Re: What can you get at City Hall?

Haha, I sound like a greedy fan.

Seriously though, I am just really curious

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Hmm... as far as I know, you actually pick up tour tickets at the Group Tours building next door to City Hall.

You can also find out how many times you've visited the parks since you last bought/renewed your AP.

Hmm... as far as I know, you actually pick up tour tickets at the Group Tours building next door to City Hall.
    Good to know, good to know. I totally would have waited in line at City Hall:P

You can also find out how many times you've visited the parks since you last bought/renewed your AP.
    I am getting my first AP this trip. I am so excited, I already bought it on the internet, so I will need to activate it once we get there.

BTW - while on the topic of APs, can anyone tell me, is the place where you activate your AP open as late as DL is? I ask because we are flying into LAX at 5.30 pm, Dec 12, which means, by the time we get settled into our hotel, we probably won't make it to the park until 9-ish. Will I be able to enter and activate my AP that late?

Ooooo.....I read on here once before about death certificates on the haunted mansion? Do they still issue these?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Yes, the AP processing center will still be open around 9. I'm not sure if they are until park closing though.

And technically, they say "I survived the Haunted Mansion". So not so much a death certificate...
    I believe there is one more that is available, but I'm not sure. And I'm actually not sure if they're still giving them out.

• Who doesn't love NAPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine30 View Post
    Ooooo.....I read on here once before about death certificates on the haunted mansion? Do they still issue these?
    Every time I've asked, they've said they're out. But you can get them online.
    Doombuggies.com presents the Haunted Mansion Death Certificate

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

I believe there is one more that is available, but I'm not sure. And I'm actually not sure if they're still giving them out.
    They are not giving them out as of August. My little cousin went on it and was freaking out by the time we got to our DoomBuggies, so I asked if they still handed those out. The host shook his head "no" in a very rude way. I was upset at this action until I remembered I was in the Haunted Mansion.

Well, that is too bad about the Death Certificates, we are getting married on the 15th of December and we were going to get HM Death Certs for that day

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Well I know a lot of people use City Hall to get some kind of compensation for there less than happy day. I've never done that ... even when I had my foot run over by a CM on a Segway.

• Mouseketeer

I haven't done much at City Hall myself, but here's a few that I know of.

You can:
    • always get various buttons like "1st Visit," "Happy Birthday," and "Honorary Citizen" no matter what the yearly promotion is
    • find out where various characters will be doing meet and greets for the day
    • get a list with short bios of the folks on the Main Street windows
    • get recipes
    • get a list of the carousel horses' names (just a list with no visual clues as to which horse goes with which name)
    • get a warm fuzzy feeling by leaving a compliment for an outstanding cast member
    Last edited by Semiquaver; 11-23-2009 at 08:34 AM.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Well I know a lot of people use City Hall to get some kind of compensation for there less than happy day.

It doesn't shock me that people would do that, I have a loooong customer service background and people were often trying to pull a fast one!!! It is pretty sad sometimes.

I was just more interested in the lists and stuff

[QUOTE=Semiquaver;1055675823]I haven't done much at City Hall myself, but here's a few that I know of.

You can:
    • get a list with short bios of the folks on the Main Street windows
    • get recipes
    The above two are pretty neat, and I never would have none about Thanks!
    • a warm fuzzy feeling by leaving a compliment for an outstanding cast member
    That is a good feeling, we had amazing service at the Blue Bayou on our first trip, May 2009, we left a nice message on the back of the receipt and talked to City Hall on the way out Sometimes we are quick to complain, but we don't always compliment.....and I think that can really make the day of someone in the service industry

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

You can also get security to respond to any problem you may have faster at City Hall than any other location.
    In some cases you can get lost items returned to faster at City Hall if you're lucky enough to get to the item before it's sent to lost and found.
    You can report malfunctions such as stopped up toilets or broken faucets in the restrooms.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    In some cases you can get lost items returned to faster at City Hall if you're lucky enough to get to the item before it's sent to lost and found.

I couldn't believe the L&F system when we were there in May!! My partner lost his ballcap on POTC, and we got it back from the lost and found!

We thought for sure it was a goner, and they were so darned nice about it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast