Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Fireworks Finatic!

The fireworks sound GREAT! The parade also sounds like it will be huge and very involved! Did they happen to mention if the fireworks will be nightly during the entire 18 month celebration, or just during the summer and then on weekends during the "off-season?" Thank you for sharing what you heard!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Not that you have to let us know, but are there any elements to the 50th Celebration that are being kept under wraps until May 5th? A few surprises are something I have been hoping TDA would be able to pull off that not even the most knowledgeable Disney rumor mills would not be able to get a hold of the information.
    Well, they didnt really tell us NOT to reveal anything. I would count the re-make of the Mickey floral as something unannounced. It looks FANTASTIC and is very different from the current floral at the main entrance. I also found out that all the gaslamps on mainstreet are goin to go "gold" (no news there), and that the mark twain is going to get some pretty amazing gold highlites all over it!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Is it true that the churro carts are getting gold trim!

ok just being a wise guy - I'm excited.

I'm taking my nephews in May; can't wait.
    The Mur

I havent heard that, but I do know that special 50th series CGI-tinkerbell popcorn boxes will debut soon! I also found out that the Cast Previews for the Parade of Dreams, Block Party Bash, and Remember... will be on 5/2!!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    I havent heard that, but I do know that special 50th series CGI-tinkerbell popcorn boxes will debut soon! I also found out that the Cast Previews for the Parade of Dreams, Block Party Bash, and Remember... will be on 5/2!!
    When/how do we go about buttering up CMs for tickets?

Seriously though, I can wait three days. The only things I am going to be really Geeky about are Tiki & Buzz. I really want my kids to ride Buzz the first day it is officially open. And Tiki, well, I am a sucker for Tiki.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

"I'm so excited...and I just can fight it!!!" (umm you knwo that song from that movie with that lady dancing all fast) hahahaaha Man i think ill just pitch my tent now and wait for the 50th...hahahaha Thanks AP2CM.. these are times that I still wish i worked there...hahaha..
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

When/how do we go about buttering up CMs for tickets?

Seriously though, I can wait three days. The only things I am going to be really Geeky about are Tiki & Buzz. I really want my kids to ride Buzz the first day it is officially open. And Tiki, well, I am a sucker for Tiki.
    According to my info, the tickets are for "CMs and their families." So it might be dependents only...sorry.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    According to my info, the tickets are for "CMs and their families." So it might be dependents only...sorry.
    I so was not asking for tickets. I was just playing. Three days is not going to make a difference to me.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

I so was not asking for tickets. I was just playing. Three days is not going to make a difference to me.
    I figured... I just wanted to give u a heads up if u had some other CM connections that you were planning to ask.

• The Magics in the details

Let's not forget about the commemorative tickets. Not only is the ticket stock going to be comprised of 50 different kinds of tickets (all featuring a different era in DL history) BUT.... there WILL BE a 50th Anniversary Commemorative Ticket that will sell on July 17th... concepts have it looking about the same size as the DCA commemorative tickets, but with Sleeping Beauty Castle Depicted on the front. Also, watch for a new 50th commercial staring a CGI Goofy debuting soon. It looks like Space Mountain will get in just under the wire in mid July as well.

Wow, all this sounds great! I just wish there was some way I could get over there to see it

• The Magics in the details

never say never, my friend....
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

i used to wonder why they never tell cms anything... guess i know why now... jk hehe

very cool stuff... but I believe that there are more than 150 lights on the real castle. There are 150 lights on the casle in the parade of dreams. The real castle is gonna shine like there is no tomorrow... (which with the usual power shorages in Ca... that may be the case (o.o)
    Last edited by innonut99; 03-03-2005 at 12:39 PM.

• Banned User

OMG An America Sings reference in the fireworks show??? Im in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    OMG An America Sings reference in the fireworks show??? Im in heaven
    I KNOW!!! I nearly flipped out when they told us that! AS is one of my all-time favorites. You know they have the whole sound track for sale at the 20th Century Music Shop on Mainstreet, right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast