Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Cast Blast 50th Presentation

I couldn't WAIT to get home to type this...Matt's presentation to the cast today at the Disneyland hotel was phenominal! We got an intimate walk through of the Parade of Dreams as well as Remember...When Dreams Come True. We even got to hear some of the music clips for both shows. In the interest of time I will give a quicks synopsis on both:

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

The Parade of Dreams: excellent looking parade with 6 or 7 very, very big and detailed floats. All of them have their own very large puppetronic element. A LOT of dancers and acrobatics are going to be used in each float. There WILL be parade stops accompanied by a remix of the "welcome to our family time" music from brother bear. It sounds great...especially with Jerry Orbach playing the part of the singing Lumiere on the second float (which he recorded a week before his passing)!!!!!!

Block Party Bash: great music on this one. Not original music, but a lot of popular party/dance music remixed. Lots of interaction with beachballs and hoola hoops, etc. Looks like fun!

Remember...Dreams Come True: If you see NOTHING in 2005 at the DLR, SEE THIS SHOW. It will be fully 17 minutes long (70% LONGER than Believe...There's Magic In the Stars) and is narrated by Julie Andrews (NOT Jimini Cricket). The opening music starts out just like Wishes in florida, but quickly gives way to Julie's commanding voice over. From there, you hear a walt quote in walt's own voice (the infamous "amuzement enterprise built where adults and children can have fun together" quote) and the show begins. Naturally, it starts with Tink flying off the matterhorn, but this time, in stead of crashing into a mattress over big thunder, she suprisingly drops out of the sky as she flys over the Castle, enchants it with her wand, and vanishes in a brilliant burst of light! After the castle activates its 150+ diamond strobe lights, the show begins. THERE ARE LOTS OF 5" Comets used in the show, which takes you on a 50-year journey of disney attractions. From what I remember from the talk, it starts out with a mainstreet segment. Red/white/blue particle fountains and star fireworks, etc. From there, all 5 original lands are "toured" in the sky...with visits to critter country/bear country, the haunted mansion, pirates (complete with a re-creation of the canon fight on the attraction with back-and-forth fireworks from both the castle AND the matterhorn!). There's also a fantastic "tomorrowland" segment which includes some HUGE new laser effects from the castle that encompass the entire hub! For all of you TL historians out there, audio from Innerspace IS in the show as well during this segment. They also threw in the "pop goes the weasel" stab from America Sings here too at the end of the segment (for good measure). I havent even begun to scratch the surface of this unbelievably good firewoks show (which features 2 finales, btw). If it debuts as described, this show will make Magic in the Stars look like a county fair pyro display! I was ALL SMILES during the presentation...I CANNOT WAIT for this thing to debut. There's a LOT more detail that I will spare you in an effort to keep this post at a manageable length. Feel free to post questions though, and I will do my best to answer them one-by-one. I hope you are all as excited about this as I am!

50th "Theme Song" by LeAnn Rimes: We got to hear it at the conclusion of the presentation. It sounds fantastic!
    Last edited by AP2CM; 03-02-2005 at 01:55 AM.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Minion

Sounds pretty cool, can't wait till it starts!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Like wow! Other than the fact that I am in tears over the fireworks show, I am now going to do everything in my power to be at the park on May 5th. This all sounds so wonderful. Matt Ouimet if you really do have people read the Disney message boards, I thank you for the heart you have put into the 50th Celebration.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

i'll be there with you, mama... on one side of the rope of the other

Wow, sounds great! Just wish that the brunt of the 50th budget would have gone to the original. This is Disneyland's birthday - not WDW, Tokyo, Paris, etc. I understand the meaning of "synergy" but this should have and could have been the year of Disneyland! They should have given us another brand new E ticket attraction, lots of entertainment and made it one hell of a party all day, everyday for the celebration. Don't even get me started on the whole deal of May 4th. They lied right through their teeth by telling us they need a whole day to makeover the park only to find out they are doing nothing more than fluff the press!
    Just my thoughts. . . .

• Minion

Yeah the fireworks will be phenominal if they are anything like planned. 2 tinkerbelle appearances (including a fall of 50 feet/sec), lots of new effects, and featuring tons of attractions from the shooting gallery to the submarine voyage. Watch this show from the hub or main street, where it will be absolutely amazing!
    Last edited by dlrfanatic; 03-02-2005 at 10:46 AM.

• Minion

Thanks for the information!
    I live for this stuff.
    I am so excited to see the new parade, it all sounds fantastic! I will be there May 9-13.

• Minion

MAN, I have to see the fireworks show, my eyes eyes teared up so much just reading your descripton.

• Sock Puppet

I went to the Cast Blast presentation last night and I haven't been this excited for anything new at Disneyland for a long time. Now I can't wait for the celebration to begin!!!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

thanks for the feedback everyone, but I havent even given you HALF of what is in this fireworks display. There's also a big space mountain sequenence and a submarine voyage sequence. They also have a very special sequence for the rivers of america using a LOT of those golden "fountain" fireworks (not the particle fountains, the english-made ones that linger in the sky for a long time). I also neglected to mention the makeover that they're going to do on the mickey floral on front of the train station. It's loooks UNBELIEVABLE (if it turns out like the concept they showed us). Remember, if you have questions, post them because there's no way I could type everything i heard at all at once...but I can recall everything if asked a specific question.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Not that you have to let us know, but are there any elements to the 50th Celebration that are being kept under wraps until May 5th? A few surprises are something I have been hoping TDA would be able to pull off that not even the most knowledgeable Disney rumor mills would not be able to get a hold of the information.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Clear for Dispatch

great update! thanks for the info.

I am really excited about all of this.

While it would have been nice to have a big shiny new E-ticket for the celebration I am happy that we are getting:
    A new D ticket with improvements over the WDW original
    A great new parade (haven't had one of those for quite some time)
    What sounds like a fireworks show better than Believe (hard to do)
    Getting back a trusted on favorite E-ticket - and they are spending the bucks to get it back before November
    Getting the park back to a state of care that we all remember but has been a long time gone.
    A lot of little pluses to attractions - HM sounds great

Then during the celebration they get to announce a new attraction for the lagoon - ok we already know but most of the world doesn't.

Many of you on the boards will be/are disappointed by all of this because we have these expectations all the time. But the reality is that the park had been sooooo neglected under the Pressler/Harris regime that the standards had been drastically lowered. I like that the old standards are coming back and THAT is something to celebrate for the 50th!
    The Mur

• Rawr...

When does it start? At what time? When? Where should I stand? *continued excited talking*
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast